Steven Smith - RELEASE NOW

Jamie MacDonald - EXTEND CONTRACT

Rory McKenzie - SEE HOW THIS SEASON GOES

Greg Kiltie _ EXTEND CONTRACT

Brad Spencer _ RELEASE NOW

Stuart Findlay (loan) - EXTEND LOAN TO  END OF SEASON

Alexander Samizadeh - SEE HOW THIS SEASON GOES

Pretty much my feelings. 

McKenzie and Kiltie I'm on fence with. With Kiltie it's almost like Skora all over again with having a wonderful player but unsure if you'll ever see them kick a ball in anger again.

McKenzie I think could be easily replaced st any stage and hasn't lived up to his early promise. Perhaps this is where we will see Clarke excel and turn his career round as he does have some qualities. 

Greer, McDonald, Jones, Dicker all should be retained. Rest can leave... along with a few contracted players!!

21 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Pretty much my feelings. 

McKenzie and Kiltie I'm on fence with. With Kiltie it's almost like Skora all over again with having a wonderful player but unsure if you'll ever see them kick a ball in anger again.

McKenzie I think could be easily replaced st any stage and hasn't lived up to his early promise. Perhaps this is where we will see Clarke excel and turn his career round as he does have some qualities. 

Greer, McDonald, Jones, Dicker all should be retained. Rest can leave... along with a few contracted players!!

Kiltie has been unlucky with injuries but it's not a recurrence of a chronic injury like Skora so there's still a decent chance that he'll fulfil his potential. 

6 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Kiltie has been unlucky with injuries but it's not a recurrence of a chronic injury like Skora so there's still a decent chance that he'll fulfil his potential. 

What was it that was wrong with King Eric? 

I thought the Kiltie injury was a recurrence from the one he got a couple of years ago that kept him out for months. If it’s a different injury entirely then my faith is restored quite a bit. 

40 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

My suggestions for what they are worth:

Jordan Jones - EXTEND CONTRACT

Gary Dicker - EXTEND CONTRACT

Gordon Greer - EXTEND CONTRACT 1 YEAR

Chris Burke - RELEASE NOW

Kris Boyd - RELEASE END OF SEASON

Scott Boyd - RELEASE END OF SEASON

Steven Smith - RELEASE NOW

Jamie MacDonald - EXTEND CONTRACT

Rory McKenzie - SEE HOW THIS SEASON GOES

Greg Kiltie _ EXTEND CONTRACT

Brad Spencer _ RELEASE NOW

Stuart Findlay (loan) - EXTEND LOAN TO  END OF SEASON

Alexander Samizadeh - SEE HOW THIS SEASON GOES

Agree with full list except the last one who could go at anytime imo. Far too small.

42 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I thought the Kiltie injury was a recurrence from the one he got a couple of years ago that kept him out for months. If it’s a different injury entirely then my faith is restored quite a bit. 

It was Kiltie's hamstring that was the issue last season, and then Clark/LM brought him back too early. Last game of the season against RossCo his studs got caught in the 'turf'(.....) and fractured an ankle IIRC. I'm sure he was supposed to be back around October/November time. Can anyone shed any light?

Re the topic, I'm pretty much with @david mcbeth

Just now, skygod said:

I think his dad has strongly disputed that in the past.

Fair enough old bean, I just remember that being the accepted opinion. In fact, I'm sure having been out for a long time with a hamstring injury, in his first game back, he did the same muscle. 

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

What was it that was wrong with King Eric? 

Skora had chronic knee problems.

Kiltie's latest injury was a broken ankle, so it was unrelated to the hamstring tear that he had last year.

Keep;

Kiltie, Macdonald

Assess fitness at the end of the season and potentially keep;

Dicker, Greer

Need to prove themselves;

Hawkshaw, McKenzie

Punt;

Boyd, Boyd, Burke, Samizadeh, Smith, Spencer

If there's any hope of keeping Findlay I'd hope we make the effort to keep him here.

I'm not overly concerned about the guys out of a deal this season, Kiltie is the only one with a potential sell on value. The club should be looking now to extend the deals of Frizzell, Jones, Taylor and Wilson who are all out of contract at the end of 2019 and are potentially the nucleus of our side for a few years to come. Don't let us get into the position at the end of this season where we've let these guys get into the last year of their deal because other clubs will be sniffing around. The same possibly goes for Thomas but he really needs to prove he's more than a few flashes of brilliance.

whilst LM's recruiting was not the best and he again failed to fix our midfield issues  

it will be interesting to see what if any players are seen to improve under the new Management team ---- feel we may be surprised in a couple of cases -- there will also be the issue of players coming to end of contract who will wish to move on even if offered new deals --Dicker for example has been rumoured to be one 

6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Premiership clubs will each receive a £370,000 solidarity payment from UEFA following Celtic's CL group stage qualification last term.

Announced in the last hour.... Should help fund a player or two in January or next summer, thou it doesn't mention when it will be paid to clubs.

Maybe this was known to directors, and used to entice SC? That's a total guess, no idea when this becomes knowledge among club owners.