150th Anniversary Mega Thread

Lroy

15 minutes ago, skygod said:

Have it on the back at the very worst.

Na,  I'd rename RP, QTS Rugby Park for 1 season only!

Get a few articles in the papers and online, saying what great sponsor QTS are for letting us drop the logo on the 150th anniversary kit.

QTS would get probably more exposure as QTS will be read out every time Rugby Park is mentioned.

Might work, but I'd imagine QTS pay a lot of money to get their logo in the sports section of the papers!

Edited by RAG

More money spent on advertising equals tax deductable expenses. Plus if there's a certain person due % of profit that you'd rather they got less money at the end of every year, spending on advertising keeps cash out their pockets. Say, just for instance, an ex wife 9_9.

Alan McLeish is a clever man, advertising really won't bring any new business to the table, he's plenty massive national contracts. Sponsorship of Killie won't get him a new Network Rail or Amey Highways contract. 

2 minutes ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

More money spent on advertising equals tax deductable expenses. Plus if there's a certain person due % of profit that you'd rather they got less money at the end of every year, spending on advertising keeps cash out their pockets. Say, just for instance, an ex wife 9_9.

Alan McLeish is a clever man, advertising really won't bring any new business to the table, he's plenty massive national contracts. Sponsorship of Killie won't get him a new Network Rail or Amey Highways contract. 

Absolutely agree mate

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I understood the deal we signed with Nike was for them to produce a bespoke strip for the Anniversary season.....

Certainly hope so. Then, the season after, we can have hoops for the 100th anniversary of our 1st scottish cup win.

• 1 month later...

Having had a long chat with an Augsburg supporter at the recent Troon beer festival I have been thinking about which German team we should play to mark this major milestone in our history.

On reading this article,http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kilmarnock-german-side-kaiserslautern-best-9421856.  I should have added a 'both' option. We could go to Kaiserslautern and invite Eintracht to Rugby Park.

Edited by KillkieBoab

8 hours ago, jack broon said:

Eintracht were our opponents in the greatest match ever played at Rugby Park and one that will probably never be equaled 

That's why they were our centenary opponents and that's why they are the only possible contenders for our 150th anniversary match

In my opinion.

Agreed but if Stevie's pal offers to bring Zlatan et al I wouldnae be turning them down! One of the first games I attended was Frank Beattie's testimonial. The Killie team was strengthened with guest stars (not that it helped the result thanks to Mr Dalglish). With Steve Clarke's connections maybe we could play fantasy football for one night and get some big names to wear the blue and white stripes?