Motherwell Development Match

TroonKFC

13 hours ago, Andy said:

Have to say I actually quite enjoyed that tonight, agree the experienced players did little to impress.

Killie keeper had an excellent first half, bailed us out on a number of occasions.

Killie were much better 2nd half, and the goal flattered Motherwell, didn’t think there was much between the two sides, although ours perhaps had much more experience.

Also noted Clarke and Dyer in deep discussion still in their seats while everyone else was making their way home.

interesting evening.

Yeah I agree not much in the game but on the basis our keeper had to be at his best maybe Motherwell just deserved it. The late goal was a sore one though. The boy Lyle has improved massively in the last month. I think the development squad had played better in previous weeks but last night seemed a step back. The likes of Erwin and Boyd didn't bring much to the table.   

2 hours ago, Mark Robertson said:

Looking at the brief highlights, the first thing that struck me was how hard Steve Clarke will have to work to rid the whole club of the aimless/hopeful long ball mentality that pervades right through both the development and first team squads

Disagree with that. The youth teams play great football, all the youth teams play football with the same style and flair, never look to go long. They play some of the best football in Scotland. I think you should get out your bed and go watch our kids!!! The 17’s have players that can step up to 20’s no fuss, we have boys in the 15’s who have played for the 20’s and boys in the 14’s who play for 15’s and train with the 17’s, boys in the 13’s who play with the 14’s. So our youth system is working, we will see these kids coming through very soon. Seem really special kids in our academy. 

Agree the 20’s play decent football at spells, but given they play players who aren’t good enough for the first team, it’s difficult to play decent football. I personally would rather we got rid of some of them and played more 17’s and 15’s who can play football. 

It’s not until we get too the first team that we look to go long and that’s down to a lack of tactics from the first team coach bringing in his pals who aren’t good enough. 

Clarke will fix this!!! His budget is limited but there won’t be room for lack of effort and bad attitudes. 

3 hours ago, red_dug said:

Wouldn't imagine so, maybe was on that at Leeds.

Be lucky to get expenses from a junior side next season if he doesn't improve.

For a guy with a young child to support he doesn't seem very motivated.

Allegedly a terrible attitude at Leeds which was one of the reasons he was punted out on loan then out the door.  Have serious doubts he will prove his worth with us unless he bucks up his ideas. 

main thing lacking in both the development team and in the first team for that matter is someone in midfield who is comfortable on the ball , links up play and can move the team forward---

would have thought Burke could have offered that during a development game at least but be looked way short 

4 hours ago, red_dug said:

For a guy with a young child to support he doesn't seem very motivated.

I agree, to me he very frustratingly looks like he really could not give a flying stuff. Makes you wonder what else is going on there. Must be a talented guy, may be worth trying o find out if there is an external issue the club could help with........... 

On the other hand maybe he just doesn't give a stuff.

11 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

main thing lacking in both the development team and in the first team for that matter is someone in midfield who is comfortable on the ball , links up play and can move the team forward---

would have thought Burke could have offered that during a development game at least but be looked way short 

What you say is partial correct,the main problem is fitness throughout the club,this will be addressed big time in the coming weeks.

5 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Can't comment on development league. In first team he has looked heavy and immobile. It's tempting to infer things about attitude from that but those are the only characteristics I could honestly note. 

Tbh, I commented to my mate last night at the game, he actually looked a bit leaner than he did when LM was here....

32 minutes ago, Fletch said:

At least it gave Clarke and Dyer an opportunity to see Erwin's glaring fitness issue.

I'm so disappointed that (until now anyway) it just hasn't worked out for Chris Burke because he was a tremendous player at one time.

Agree re Erwin but Burke is just to far past it. Looked good in the cup games but then he was playing against lower level teams he had time on ball. Ask him to beat a man now and he's got nowhere near the pace anymore.

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

Agree re Erwin but Burke is just to far past it. Looked good in the cup games but then he was playing against lower level teams he had time on ball. Ask him to beat a man now and he's got nowhere near the pace anymore.

Agree with Burke comments, it's a shame really, he knows what he wants to do but his legs just don't get him there fast enough anymore, last night we had about 5 corners in a row, everyone of them were perfectly drilled into the danger area only to be knocked or deflected for another.....