Safe standing

Island Girl

Article shared by Supporters Direct (https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/oct/22/football-safe-standing-home-advantage-studies) suggests that safe standing can improve atmosphere and possibly noisy home crowd could influence referee. Interestingly they cite some research showing that more goals, for both home and away teams, are scored when there are no fans behind the goal. Any stattos know if this is the case at Rugby Park?

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:15 PM, Island Girl said:

Interestingly they cite some research showing that more goals, for both home and away teams, are scored when there are no fans behind the goal. Any stattos know if this is the case at Rugby Park?

Certainly not for the home team at Rugby Park recently! 

On 26/10/2017 at 12:58 AM, Fletch said:

I'm all for safe standing, it's an expensive project though. A cheaper alternative to improve atmosphere and create noise is lager. Lager at games needs to be reviewed.

We get mid strength beer at games in Australia and I don’t think it would be a problem to introduce it into Scottish football games. I’m sure it would be a lot more controlled nowadays compared to the past