Rangers match

skygod

I liked the way we kept our shape when they had the ball. Two banks of four with no more than 15 yards between the back four. Shuttled across well even though they tried to stretch us across the park.

Power kept the mid four organised and for me was MOM.

Their fullbacks also took to the touch line leaving their centre backs exposed. Steve obviously saw that and got JJ to run in the pockets which had them both turning. Brining on Burke was a master stroke. Then Erwin for Boyd. 

An excellent start for Steve withe team well set up and everyone knowing their job.....apart from Jamie at the end.WTF! 

Anyway, alls well that ends well. Oh to have some fun in the office tomorrow.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

I don't think I've ever seen an end to a match like that!

Soft penalty to Rangers. Then Jack should have been sent off but was yellow-carded along with Broadfoot. 

Then Jack is straight red-carded for who knows what.

Penalty saved. Killie go up the other end and score.

Then MacDonald turned from hero to villain as he picks up a back-pass - shouldn't have taken any chances - but free-kick blocked.

Totally breathless!

We were worth a point from what I saw, but we can't persist with Boyd. He just can't get about the pitch and into the box when he needs to.

You could see Clarke's influence in the better organisation but he can only work with what he has. A bit more tweaking and we will be better. And what about bringing Burke on?!  

Can it be a penalty if the ball doesnt leave the box from the bye kick?

50 minutes ago, The_new_gaffer said:

But broadfoot made up for it, in jacks face winding him up and he bit!!! 

Exactly this, this is the horrible side of the game that is maybe s**t, but something that we have no done ever, his experience playing for that manky mob he will have learned this. Any little advandage helps.

btw that is the best scenes i have ever seen , couldn't write it. On to Celtic now, in Clarke we trust

2 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Not if the Rangers player got to it first.

Not true here's the rule

Offences and sanctions

If the ball does not leave the penalty area or is touched by a player before it leaves the penalty area the kick is retaken.

If, after the ball is in play, the kicker touches the ball again before it has touched another player an indirect free kick is awarded; if the kicker deliberately handles the ball:
  • a direct free kick is awarded
  • a penalty kick is awarded if the offence occurred inside the kicker’s penalty area unless the kicker was the goalkeeper in which case an indirect free kick is awarded

If an opponent who is in the penalty area when the goal kick is taken, or enters the penalty area before the ball is in play, touches or challenges for the ball before it has touched another player, the goal kick is retaken.

If a player enters the penalty area before the ball is in play and fouls or is fouled by an opponent, the goal kick is retaken and the offender may be cautioned or sent off depending on the offence.

For any other offence the kick is retaken.

4 minutes ago, CBFC said:

There you go. Good spot.

Be interesting to see if the ball went out the area. I don't think it did, but obviously was at the other end.

It couldn't have went out the box as he gave a penalty as soon as rangers player was challenged. In fact just seen it on sky sports. Never out the box!

12 minutes ago, shug said:

Can it be a penalty if the ball doesnt leave the box from the bye kick?

That was my argument. Maybe rules have changed but if not then it should have been a retake.

However the way rangers imploded missing penalty. Jack getting sent off then conceding our goal was comedy gold 

Highlights available on the BBC at midnight.

A combination of Killiefc.com and Pie'n'bovril will keep me chuckling until then.

(The odd dive into the swamp that is Rangers Media is horrifically fascinating if you can bring yourself to stomach extreme levels of paranoia, bile and twisted fantasy on there. There is the very occasional sensible poster, the juxtaposition of which just makes the rest even funnier.)

2 minutes ago, Shug2930 said:

That was my argument. Maybe rules have changed but if not then it should have been a retake.

However the way rangers imploded missing penalty. Jack getting sent off then conceding our goal was comedy gold 

who cares if it was or not, the whole of Scotland are in tears of hilarity after tonight. Pie and Bovril is having a field day. Even Ayr fans are congratulating us

Will need to see it again but the linesman should be in line with the edge of the box so it's hard to see how he could have missed it.

On second thoughts....!

"Goal kick

The AR must first check if the ball is inside the goal area. If the ball is not placed correctly, the AR must not move from the position, make eye contact with the referee and raise the flag. Once the ball is placed correctly inside the goal area, the AR must move to the edge of the penalty area to check that the ball leaves the penalty area (ball in play) and that the attackers are outside."