Fans last night

Squirrelhumper

Will live long in the memory, so glad my boy was there too to witness that.

I have to say him and his pals were there all aged 12-14, and they have been at every home game this season, they have had to sit through some amount of s**te this season, that was pay back, that was what it means to be a Killie fan.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

One of the wildest celebrations I've ever been part of as a Killie fan. Absolutely brilliant.

I could watch this video all day, look at that away end!

I know folk don't like going to Old Firm games, especially away but days like that make it worthwhile.

https://twitter.com/OfficialKillie/status/923469870028808193

Absolutely brilliant. My wee one says best game he has been too. Only 7 so hasn't had many good games so far. Healthy support up and backed the team for the full 90 mins. Same again on Sat would be nice than let's sort out this home form midweek. Actually looking forward to these games. Haven't said that for a while.

Thing is even at 85 minutes the fans weren't downbeat. That's a big thing. The team can have an air of resignation at the Old Firm cos of the mindset that we never get anything, but so can the fans. Getting beat with a few minutes to go and still ripping the pish out of Huns leaving early, superb.

We'll most likely get beat on Saturday, I'm going and still aiming to have a good day, and well...you just never know.

38 minutes ago, RayD said:

Great to see all 10 outfield players celebrate like it really meant something to them, like it did to us.... watch it again and track SOD's run from the corner flag to the opposite touchline after the goal is scored :hurrah::hurrah:

There are another two players celebrating on their own close to the Killie fans, possibly Jones & McKenzie, then they start sprinting across the 18 yrd box to join the celebrations....

Edited by C4mmy31

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

There are another two players celebrating close to the Killie fans just after the goal, possibly Jones & McKenzie, then they start sprinting across the 18 yrd box to join the celebrations....

Yeah, it's Jones and McKenzie, spotted that too: they both head towards the away end first and McKenzie jumps on Jones in front of us, before they join the rest of the team. Brilliant to feel that it meant as much to the players as it did to us, and that their instinct was either to share it with us or with the new manager. So proud of Killie last night - won't get carried away just yet, but it feels different from the big results of the last few seasons, like we might finally be heading in the right direction after a long period of false starts and general malaise. 

Can’t make Saturday, due to prior commitment but the last two away games certainly got my mojo back, instead of going thru the motions and simply turning up at Rugby Park for every home game.

i am starting to think next Tuesday under the lights could be a special special game.

Come on !!!!!!!!

That was a brilliant day - my icon photo is from the celebrations - first time I saw us win anything other than the Ayrshire Cup! Gordon Smith of all people missed a penalty in the shootout for them. We had a great team that year  (incl. Paul Clarke) but were still part-time and the makeweights - they were so pissed off they never played the tournament again, peesume we still have the trophy! It's been a good wee ground for memorable moments down the years