Celtic Away Thread (Formerly Fred)

skygod

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Let's not start slating LM, he tried his best but inexperience caught him out, to his credit, it's his signings which are now performing under a manager with experience..... Let's not dwell in the past but look forward to exciting times under SC & AD :hurrah:

This is absolutely fair. Brilliant to see things moving forward. And if fairness to McCulloch, he picked some decent players who are now showing why he put faith in signing them. 

Went to game today . Lost my voice and fell into row behind when we scored . Great day out . Well done to the 5/600 killie fans there paying 27£ each to get in after a string of away ventures . Team defended well and grew in confidence as game went on . Jones unlucky to not score then scored follow up with great move . Celtic barely threatened despite bringing on the big guns . Roberts going off helped but Greg Taylor and Alan Power were excellent .Jones came into game well as we started to play a bit . McKenzie and Odonnell were fantastic against tierney and Sinclair . Broadfoot and Greer won everything . Excellent point and a real sense of positivity . Players will be flying . 

Steve Clarke masterstroke well done Billy Bowie . Get what you pay for 

Outstanding goal, I'd expected a deflection or tap in, not a Barca'esque beauty.  Well done Jones!

Each of the players has dug a little deeper to find something in the last week, and that pleases me the most as it gives me hope. Power and Broadfoot have found something to prove, Jones has found an end product, and by all accounts Rory found another level this weekend (he was outstanding after Burke came on vs Rangers too).  

Roll on Tuesday.  Hibs are a good team, so let's try to beat them but not get too upset if we don't.  Wish we had SC vs Dundee and County, lol.

16 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Steve Clarke is quality and you pay for quality. We need to stop wanting everything for nothing. Go along and contribute with your £20. There is no guarantee reduced prices help the attendance in any significant way in the long term. BB, as well as Clarke, deserves our backing. 

Not disputing that , and as I said i will be going regardless. Had always planned to. Just would be nice for his first home game to try and attract a bigger crowd and possibly show people they will get their moneys worth by going along more frequently 

17 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Steve Clarke is quality and you pay for quality. We need to stop wanting everything for nothing. Go along and contribute with your £20. There is no guarantee reduced prices help the attendance in any significant way in the long term. BB, as well as Clarke, deserves our backing. 

says the first in line for a season ticket discount hypocrite 9_9

21 minutes ago, heynow2005 said:

Not disputing that , and as I said i will be going regardless. Had always planned to. Just would be nice for his first home game to try and attract a bigger crowd and possibly show people they will get their moneys worth by going along more frequently 

If we can't entice at least a 10-15% increase on our current home gate for this and near future home games, on the back of the performances at Firhill, Ibrox & Parkhead alone, then nothing the board do will encourage fans to return. 

As said previously, it's time for us fans to back the board, SC & the players by turning out, making ourselves heard & willing the boys on to decent performances & results.

IMO, reducing the gate price would only serve to add numbers as a one off for the curiosity factor. I'm positive any extra money we do generate from an increased gate paying normal price, between now & January, will go mainly toward SC's transfer fund as the board will have budgets set based on the current fan turnout.

The Ayrshiremen's new manager Steve Clarke told BBC Scotland: "We had to defend very well all game. We were organised and worked hard to limit Celtic.

"We spoke about not threatening enough at half time and obviously you have to come out a bit more when you go a goal behind.

"We showed a bit of quality to get us up the pitch and get the goal which, on the balance of the second half, we deserved.

"If we continue to work hard and stay organised, the players can show the talent that they've got and we can slowly start to climb the table."