Let's all get to Rugby Park on Tuesday.....

Mclean07

12 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

A few folk on here looking for credit because they are attending first game in years because we have had a bit of success/ positivity in last week . As far as I’m concerned if your not willing to follow team when we aren’t doing well and then boast about turning up to this fixture . Says a lot about you . Well done to the folk who turn up most weeks home and away regardless of form .

I've been to about 5 games this season, not least because I've been working many of the same days as the games. Having said that I'm certainly not looking for credit for turning up a football match.

You ever considered a job in sales and marketing?

On 28/10/2017 at 4:56 PM, Mclean07 said:

The team and he manager have done their bit. Now it's our turn.

I go all the time ----- but your right ----- I haven't read the full Fred but I bet there's loads and loads of totally bulls**t excuses from the absolute whoppers on here who can't make the game tomorrow 

Can't get my head around the fact that certain members posting on this thread essentially seem to be accusing lapsed fans returning to Rugby Park tonight of glory hunting. Glory hunting by going to support Kilmarnock? I'm sure I'm not the only one who realises how ridiculous this sounds. It doesn't really make much sense moaning about people not turning up all season AND moaning about these fans returning... Comments like that are one of the reasons why so many people no longer come to games in that such relentless negativity completely takes the fun out of supporting the club.

As for Ken T's comment quoting my post and saying "KTID" in a way that suggested I wasn't a true fan; I had a season ticket for nine years straight in the West/ Frank Beattie Stand as I was growing up. I travelled to four or five away games a season as well. However, as I mentioned in my initial reply to his post, I now work weekends as I have uni commitments during the week. While this has prevented me from going to any matches on a Saturday or a Sunday, I have went to every away match this season which has fallen on a weekday evening including the 5-0 drubbing at Parkhead. So I think I am fully entitled to say that I am Killie 'til I die. I do however appreciate Ken T's apology!

Regarding another comment made which said that fans only turn up "when we are doing well" I need only point to the play-off match against Falkirk. We were absolutely horrendous that year and yet the fans still turned up in numbers. Granted some may say they only turned up because it was a big game but the truth of the matter is that they turned up when the team really needed them and to criticise people for this is disappointing. 

I was speaking to one of my friends after the game at Ibrox last week and told him that I was planning on going to the game this week against Hibs. He responded by saying that I was wasting my money and that watching a game at Rugby Park was sh*te: constant negativity, East Stand boo boys, no atmosphere etc. The truth of the matter is that our home support is dire, both in terms of numbers and atmosphere created. So any lapsed fans returning to Rugby Park are surely to be welcomed. There is definitely, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, an undercurrent of positivity in Scottish football and with two excellent results on the back of such a huge appointment I see no reason why we too can't start to see higher attendances and a better atmosphere at games.

Let's get right behind the team tonight. KTID:hurrah:

47 minutes ago, KTID96 said:

Can't get my head around the fact that certain members posting on this thread essentially seem to be accusing lapsed fans returning to Rugby Park tonight of glory hunting.

I have nothing but +ve encouragement for anyone who choses to go for any reason whether they go every week home and away or have not been to a game fro 10 years.

Go, get behind the guys wearing the Killie shirts and there is every chance we will prevail.

Totally agree I have said before that I am one of the long suffering season ticket holders who has endured the total s***  that has been served up the last five seasons but I have no adverse comments to say about any Killie fan who for whatever reason has not attended any games.Let's  welcome  all of them back and hope that this is the start of another exciting chapter  for KFC!

Regarding my post earlier in this thread . I am not bad mouthing people who cannot afford to go or have work/other commitments to do at weekends . I am saying regarding the people who are choosing to stay away because the quality of football is poor which it has been for 5 years or so . Or they are just not interested unless we are doing well and could afford and choose not to go . This is what I am disappointed in . Great that they are coming back more money for club but shame they haven’t been loyal to club the last through years which we all know has been difficult .

19 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Regarding my post earlier in this thread . I am not bad mouthing people who cannot afford to go or have work/other commitments to do at weekends . I am saying regarding the people who are choosing to stay away because the quality of football is poor which it has been for 5 years or so . Or they are just not interested unless we are doing well and could afford and choose not to go . This is what I am disappointed in . Great that they are coming back more money for club but shame they haven’t been loyal to club the last through years which we all know has been difficult .

I don't think anyone can be blamed for being disenfranchised with Kilmarnock or Scottish football in past 5-10 years. Club has been run horrendously and the team apart from 2 seasons with mixu and kenny have been languishing at bottom half of league scraping survival on a few occasions.

It's simply the way of football. Do you think we got crowds of 9/10000 in the 90s because the fans were just loyal? No we had a good team with high paid players and were challenging at top of the league and were in europe regularly.

A lot of people will grudge paying £20 a game to lose 4-0 to County/Dundee at home or not see a league win in how long. Some people want to be entertained and some want to actually win. 

5 years ago aberdeens average attendance was under 10000, now its 17000. Why? because they are playing good stuff, in europe every year and getting to cup finals. And if they start going down the league that number will drop.

If we get fans coming back, fantastic. It's up to the club and team to keep them coming back.

Just now, historyman said:

All clubs have more fans when that are doing well on the park, there is nothing unusual about that.
Those who have lapsed shouldn't be criticised and there shouldn't be criticism of those who have persevered through the bad times either. The club has needed their money and if performances had been better they wouldn't have needed to let off steam.
We should all be encouraging as many people as possible to get along with SC now in place. A few good results like we have had recently, a few enjoyable games to watch and we could easily see another thousand on the home gates very quickly. An extra £20k income for home gates would be very welcome.

10 minutes ago, fmcc said:

Dearly hope the Celtic game being on doesn't deter some folk from going to RP.  

If some want to stay in and watch Ceptic getting a hiding off Bayern, it's their choice.

Hopefully we can put enough results together to persuade folks of the folly of that choice in future.

1 hour ago, theauldyin said:

The more fans thought the turnstiles the bigger the playing budget and so on. it's no rocket science 

I said that a few years ago, but fans when were refusing to attend, but was told no. Apperently the budget was fixed and even if we sold out every week it wouldn't be increased. The also said if less fans went it wouldn't be affected either. Strange times, those days.

10 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I said that a few years ago, but fans when were refusing to attend, but was told no. Apperently the budget was fixed and even if we sold out every week it wouldn't be increased. The also said if less fans went it wouldn't be affected either. Strange times, those days.

Remind us again who was in charge of budgets back then?

Changed days.....