The Gaffer

kildog

Nah, think it was last week off BT Sport,  http://sport.bt.com/clarke-explains-why-he-chose-kilmarnock-91364223694188 It's just a breath of fresh air having someone who comes across like a real football manager. talking about long term plans and stuff, it's genuinely exciting.  Not felt  like this since the Burns era. The Mixu purple patch was too short lived and for all his achievements Bobby Williamson rarely inspired.  

I hope he keeps delivering  stuff to  cheer about and remember. 

Edited by kildog

its exciting times. not getting too carried away but it seems like we could be going on the up. i can only barely remember the burns era as a kid and the great support we had. be great to get back to that enthusiasm because killie has a lot of potential with the right people in charge

5 minutes ago, bwa86 said:

hard going to say the least. why do i suddenly feel old thinking about watching tom black from the terracing

Tommy MacLean was the Jordan Jones of my first Kllie team.

We have had some highs and lows since then. It is just possible we at be moving away from our current malaise.

The first quality manager we have had for a long time.....inspires confidence in and out of the team! For the first time for a long time the players know there is no hiding place and no bulls**t factor tolerated!! And you are either a full time professional footballer, a part time footballer and part time pundit or a full time pundit......make the choice and get fit or not!!

Tommy MacLean was the best kicker of a dead ball ever. He could place the ball on the head of a sixpence....just ask Ross Mathie!! Unfortunately he couldnae tackle anything.....but the famous Number 7 for Killie was my hero. Gutted when he went to Rangers. That Killie team.....Forsyth, King, McGrory, Beattie, McIlroy, Sneddon, hamillton, et al ...wow!

As I said before this is no fluke. When you get a quality coach who commands the respect of the players and who puts his mark down it makes a difference. Lee McC was the classic 'previous player trying to be mates with his ex team mates'.............when has that ever worked anywhere?? Steve Clarke comes with an unquestionable pedigree and any player who thinks he is bigger than him will quickly be told to go and eff off...good!!

KB ...I think he is listening!!!