The Gaffer

kildog

1 hour ago, gordonp said:

Remember Gerry Queen that went to Crystal Palace?? And our goaikeeper that went to West Ham.....what was his name?

1 hour ago, gordonp said:

Bobby Ferguson!

For you young whipper snappers out there, to put it into context, West Ham paid £65,000 in 1967 for Bobby, a then World Record fee paid for a goalkeeper.

The Gianluigi Buffon of his era if you like :D lol.

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, Mister Y said:

I just hope Sevco don't come calling!

No red cards please, this is a genuine fear!

:11:

Can't see it tbh, in his BT interview he talks of long term plans & being seriously impressed with the boards honesty at interview, ie a board he can work with, trust and back his judgement. 

I genuinely believe he sees Killie as a challenge that truely excites him.

Steve Clarke doesn't strike me as a man who would then go back on his words.

Edited by C4mmy31

I don't think Rangers will have Clarke on their short-list, but I might be wrong.

However, if they appoint McInnes, Aberdeen might be more interested in Clarke as a replacement. 

It would be seriously disappointing if, having stressed so much the directors' desire for stability, he walked out after a few months. "Seriously disappointing" is an understatement.

If an EPL or Championship club came calling, I think we would understand him having his head turned, but not the likes of Aberdeen. 

I think the fact he has said his long term plans are to go back to England would hopefully mean he wouldn’t take another Scottish job. 

It seems to have been the board and the links with the club that have got him here, I don’t think you could say the same about the shambles of a board at ibrox. 

Also so if he’s serious about going to England turning round a club like kilmarnock and making them into a force would look better than taking a rangers team which can flash the cash and instantly get second (a perception many have it’s just not worked out like that in reality)

7 hours ago, Mister Y said:

I just hope Sevco don't come calling!

No red cards please, this is a genuine fear!

:11:

Clarke's way too smart to even consider the Sevco job and I'm pretty sure Macinnes is too. Taking that job would be career suicide so they won't get anyone who still has thoughts of progressing up the ranks. I think they may end up with mcleish. 

It’s encouraging to think that when he does go the club will have a different approach. If he stays a couple of seasons there really could be a monumental change in the club. Success attracts success, we won’t win the league but we may not have to sniff about the bottom of the barrel when it comes to players or staff. Really exciting 

10 hours ago, KillkieBoab said:

A bit later there was this guy called Paul Clarke who we reputedly rejected a £100k bid from Stoke for. Anybody know anything about him?

His overhead kick off the goal line at Firhill should have won save of the season.

Edited by gdevoy

1 minute ago, casual observer said:

I’ll reserve judgement on Clarke til we’ve had a full round of fixtures and see what happens in Jan window but everything has been positive so far. 

Stop being grounded and get carried away with the rest of us!!! 

European champions in 3 seasons!:D

37 minutes ago, casual observer said:

I’ll reserve judgement on Clarke til we’ve had a full round of fixtures and see what happens in Jan window but everything has been positive so far. 

We do tend to go over the top, positive and negative :) 

Edited by Mclean07