Hibs Vs Killie Match Day Thread

Allan

For me that was our best performance of the season. So much better on the ball, rarely gave a ball away. The pitch certainly wasn't an issue, just a couple of defensive errors and their goalkeeper saving everything.

If we continue to be as good on the ball we will start to beat teams at Rugby Park.

Our aim still has to be to be in the mix come January. Great effort from the players tonight. Team looked more organised than earlier in the season though 3 bad goals to lose. To hit the post two or three times and the bar it is unbelievable to end up 3-0.

Still 1000 or so more home fans than usual.,and great encouragement from the stands. As said would probably have hoped for 2 points from Rangers, Celtic and Hibs. Hibs budget dwarfs ours, and in fairness they look a better side than they last did in the Premier. 

Important to take something on Sunday. 

Arguably a better performance than at Ibrox. We kept our shape and especially second half we played some decent stuff. Hibs are a good side and McGeough, McGinn and Bartley were running the midfield at times. We need to improve but it will take time.

I think we need to address the forward line as aside from Jones we don't carry a threat on the counter and teams can press high without worrying about Boyd.

3 off the post and bar, one off the line and a Frizzell sitter - play like that on Sunday and we'll beat Hearts.

Great atmosphere tonight, team played well. we just switched off twice and that's cost us the game (3rd goal is just a result of us pushing at the end, can't legislate for that but it looks worse on paper than it was). Only negative I would say was we sat too deep first half. but we are looking braver on the ball and created chances. 

Steve Clark's targets in January has to be a fast mobile striker, a solid centre half and a box to box midfielder. Although Taylor would hard tonight and played well it's not his natural position. 

Proud of the fans more than anything. we were terrific. Killie will lose matches but we need to show the team we are behind them through think and thin, we did that tonight. 

Most undeserved defeat ivd ever seen. Could have been 5 or 6 fir us. They took their chances and we were unlucky. After about 30 minutes we controlled the game and made a lot of chances. 

Just unlucky tonight thats all. 3 nil is a total afront to thr performance. Few individual errors but generaly solid. Fans recognised this and were excellent. 

So harsh. I left the game feeling and thinking we had won lol. The best performance I have seen in a long time. Passing and overall play 2nd half was really good. Luck just wasnt on our side tonight. Keep playing like that and we will beat the lesser teams. Will be interesting to see what additions SC brings in January, defo need a more clinical striker.

That was never a 3 goal game, for long spells in the 2nd half we had them camped in their own box. But for a clinical finisher we should have been back at 2-2 after 70 mins, possibly even leading.

Tonight I sat in the Frank Beattie stand, and for the first time in ages nobody was booing or critising the team around me. The commitment was fantastic & we played some decent stuff, at this stage we can't really hope for much more.

As SC said we will have highs & lows but I for one can see a pattern to our play which stretched a very decent team on numerous occasions.

Onward & upwards......

After a very sluggish start that was a great performance for the remainder of game 

Hibs were more clinical in the few chances they had and have better quality but we matched them in most parts well

We still need to find a more consistent goal threat and does look like opposing coaches are pinpointing the left side of our defence as a weak area .....

I've never left a game having been beat 3-0 and felt so optimistic an outstanding team performance tonight so many positives to be taken and how we didn't score is quite unbelievable 

tell you what when Clarke walked out at kick off the hairs on the back of the neck stood up the guy has a presence that we haven't had In a long time, everytime you looked down at the dugout you are just buzzing 

he has got a group of players who looked like they didn't know each other's first names playing some excellent football In a very short time and even Boydie has stepped it up a good 3 gears 

I'll be getting stuck at work tomorrow from my A*r supporting gaffer but I'll be sitting there with a solid  belief of the early signs are anything to go by we may just be at the early stages of a real revival of the team and club, there was a feeling present at the game tonight  that I haven't felt In a very long time 

the fans were tremendous tonight aswell that deserves a mention 

well done to everyone and let's look forward to the Clarke era it's looking very good indeed 

Great passing football, relentless pressing off the ball and patient build-up play (despite the usual roasters shouting for the ball hoofed up the park....note second goal!). Really just wasnae our night. Most positive I've ever come away from a (on paper) heavy defeat ever. We're definitely moving in the right direction and both players and fans should be proud of themselves tonight and go home with heads held high. We'll tan the Jambos.

(PS flags looked cracking)

Edited by aumgn

Heartening to read unanimously favourable reports.

I'm sure Clarke's opinions will be crystalising about who will dae and who won't, and what he needs in January. It sounds like most supporters could have a good guess at what that will be.

We just need to keep things ticking over until the January break.

I agree that was one of the most undeserved 3-0 defeats you will see. even Neil Lennon said the score flattered Hibs, probably amongst the most biased of all managers!

i thought we spent much more time in their final third than they did in ours, we just lacked a final product. Even at that the keeper made a couple of good saves, and there were plenty more chances we could have made more of on another day. 

Power impressed me overall, always showing for the ball - possibly had the most touches of any player in the game - and hardly ever gave it away. Reminded me of the first time i saw sammy clingan play for us. Very surprised he didnt play until a few weeks back.