Hibs Vs Killie Match Day Thread

Allan

I liked the way McKenzie and O'Donnell constantly shut down the left back and Barker. They were on top of them every time they had the ball and McKenzie put in one hell of a shift last night. 

To be fair, the difference in effort level from all of our players was staggering.

Power looked like the enforcer we hoped he'd be. Taylor and Power looked like the midfield we've been missing. Broadfoot had a great game. 

It's finally going in the right direction, but last night was just asking too much too soon (although on another night we could have scored 4).

3 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

I liked the way McKenzie and O'Donnell constantly shut down the left back and Barker. They were on top of them every time they had the ball and McKenzie put in one hell of a shift last night. 

I did not see last night's game but I did notice in the other games ever since LM left that we have been "mobbing" which ever opponent has the ball. Getting 3 guys immediately round whoever is in possession as quick as humanly possible and harassing them until they make a mistake. I could see up to the Ross County game that every other team in the league was doing this but not us.

I believe this is the right way to play. When the opposition have possession of the ball you have to press. It is hard work but professionals should be able to do it for 90 minutes.

I also think Jones and maybe even Frizzel or Taylor should be on the halfway line whenever we are defending a corner. If leaving a couple of fast nippy guys outside your box when defending corners is good enough for the Italian national side it's good enough for us.

39 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

When the opposition have possession of the ball you have to press. It is hard work but professionals should be able to do it for 90 minutes.

I also think Jones and maybe even Frizzel or Taylor should be on the halfway line whenever we are defending a corner. If leaving a couple of fast nippy guys outside your box when defending corners is good enough for the Italian national side it's good enough for us.

This is one of the reasons why Boyd won't do. From what I've seen, he gives the opposition an easy time building from the back.  

As for corners, I thought I saw Jones staying upfield at corners at Ibrox. May have been mistaken though.

20 minutes ago, 1875 said:

Slightly late in the day, but as a Hibs fan in peace, just wanted to offer non-patronising commiserations for the other night. Unbelievably unlucky not to take at least a point, and as a Hibee I've seen us lose dozens of games in exactly that manner. Even Lennon, who can be pretty delusional at times, recognised that it was never a 3-0 game - and that only a combination of good goalkeeping and sheer luck of the post/bar stopped you from getting at least one goal. Think Jones was the pick of your players, was always uncomfortable when he was on the ball.

Still believe you've made a fantastic appointment in Steve Clarke, and hopefully the crowds keep up, it was refreshing to see a healthier crowd at Rugby Park. Good luck against at Murrayfield on Sunday, you've got everyone's backing from the good side of Edinburgh.

Nice of you to take the time to register and comment. Hibs are a decent side and do the simple things well. Good luck for the rest of the season!

I enjoyed the game on Tuesday. I know John McGinn deservedly gets all the plaudits, but I was impressed with Dylan McGeouch. He is such an intelligent footballer and Martin Boyle's work rate makes him my kind of player as well.

Kris Boyd had some great efforts at goal- I thought he did really well to get in front of his man for the header off the bar and what a free kick he hit. I only heard one dissenting voice behind me on the stairs on the way out: "Nothing's changed from where I'm sitting". You can't please everybody!