0-3

b-man

Really weird, beaten 3-0, hit the post 3 times, hit the bar once and to be fair bossed the second half. Best thing was the fans, kept behind the team and didn't get on their backs. The score line is hard to take but I'm sure SC will use it to strengthen the team and help their future performances because like the majority of the fans I went home with a wee bit of happiness and hope, onwards and upwards. :hurrah: Mon' the Killie. 

The supporters did get behind the team and should be praised for that but it's much easier to get behind a team who are actually trying to play football rather than just hoofing the ball up the park as quickly as possible.

I think the posts that said a lot of our fans are impatient and don't appreciate a more possession based style of play were proved wrong tonight. The fans were much bought into what the team were trying to do, even in the first 20 minutes when we actually had very little of the ball. 

15 minutes ago, b-man said:

As much as Boyd has done for the club and to be fair he wasn't bad tonight but 3 years ago he would have scored at least 2 ! which brings me to my next point where is that boy we got from Bolton ?

More of a question for me would be what is the issue with Lee Erwin .......and will Brophy ever be able to step up a level or 2 

would hope either or both of these can improve quickly under Clarke or he might look to the loan market in January for better quality upfront 

Edited by Scouser2

11 minutes ago, skygod said:

That's exactly what he is - a boy! He's just 18 and 5' 7", although that seems exaggerated.

He's not going to play as a lone striker for the first team any time soon.

I have nothing against Alex, in fact i'd love him to prove me wrong, but.....

I really can't see him making it tbh, to small & lightweight for the Scottish top flight, even against a team like Spartans on Sunday, and allowing for the 2 goals he scored, there were plenty of times where he was easily lodged off the ball.

8 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I have nothing against Alex, in fact i'd love him to prove me wrong, but.....

I really can't see him making it tbh, to small & lightweight for the Scottish top flight, even against a team like Spartans on Sunday, and allowing for the 2 goals he scored, there were plenty of times where he was easily lodged off the ball.

Smaller than Dargo?

Me and @Sp3ckyh0td0g81 were saying the same thing walking out RP. Was a really entertaining game and we both enjoyed it despite getting pumped 0-3. Loads of positives to take from that game. Was listening to the radio on the way up the road and even Neil Lennon said the scoreline was flattering and we should have scored. Their keeper played a blinder.

9 minutes ago, czuko said:

I accept the team played better and showed more passion but, getting beaten 3-0 at home is still poor in my eyes. I found the applause at the final whistle bizarre and didn’t want to join in.

Hey guys! I think I've found one of these 'trolls' I've heard so much about! Exciting! Now, if I remember my online defense courses, step 1 is not to feed him? I've got my pamphlet here:

"Best course of action is to ignore them, deprive them of attention and they'll shrivel back into whatever hole they crawled out of."

Sounds simple enough.

Imagine not wanting to show your appreciation for a positive team performance. Mungbean.

16 minutes ago, czuko said:

I accept the team played better and showed more passion but, getting beaten 3-0 at home is still poor in my eyes. I found the applause at the final whistle bizarre and didn’t want to join in.

The applauded at the end for the effort and fight the player put in, this team at the start of the season after going down 0-1 would have folded and it would have been 0-3 at HT. The change of attitude within the team is clear to see, the next thing we should be concentrating on is staying positive for the next game.

Proud to be a Killie fan last night. That's what we've been asking for, a team that puts in a real shift and plays a bit of football. Make no mistake the Hibees are a decent side with pace and energy but we pretty much matched them. Really pleased so many stayed back to show their appreciation, this is what Old Firm fans will never get - a proper show of community spirit and connection with our team. The scoreline almost didn't matter, we were entertained at long last!

19 minutes ago, McDeeBop said:

Hey guys! I think I've found one of these 'trolls' I've heard so much about! Exciting! Now, if I remember my online defense courses, step 1 is not to feed him? I've got my pamphlet here:

"Best course of action is to ignore them, deprive them of attention and they'll shrivel back into whatever hole they crawled out of."

Sounds simple enough.

Imagine not wanting to show your appreciation for a positive team performance. Mungbean.

And there it is, within a half hour of my return to looking at the forum, the reason why I rarely do. Fellow Killie fans that can’t handle an opinion that differs from their own.

Special mention to the part where you assumed my gender. Thumbs up to that!

1 hour ago, czuko said:

I find it bizarre that given the performances we've witnessed at RP in recent times you couldn't find anything in last nights 90 minutes that warranted applauding our players as they walked off 

3 hours ago, czuko said:

And there it is, within a half hour of my return to looking at the forum, the reason why I rarely do. Fellow Killie fans that can’t handle an opinion that differs from their own.

Special mention to the part where you assumed my gender. Thumbs up to that!

Ok, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume (but assumptions are bad, mmkay?) you AREN'T trolling. And I'll address a couple of points you've made here, and hope you engage in the discussion in a similar way.

I like discussion. Discussion is nothing without alternate or differing opinion. As an online forum to discuss matters pertaining to Kilmarnock FC, I expect others not to see things from my point of view. Part and parcel of being a football fan, innit?

What's also part and parcel of being a football fan is losing games of football. As Killie fans we've very accustomed to this. It beggars belief you couldn't find something to applaud in that performance, it really does. The concept that you are only comfortable supporting your team (over and above the paying the money to watch them thing) if they win is mind-blowing to me. What kind of a football fan thinks like this? This is a genuine question, by the way, I don't understand this line of thought all all.

The fact you rarely comment on these forums because other fans can't handle differing opinions actually speaks more towards your attitude to THEIR differing opinions rather than the other way round. Feel free to comment in any way you see fit, but accept the consequences. You say something that pretty much everyone else disagrees with and you'll be called on it. You got called on this one and immediately retaliated. This site doesn't exist to give you a nice safe space to throw out opinions that go against the norm without some kind of verbal repercussion. Back your opinion up, man. Stand your ground. Don't give way to personal insults, rise above it, make your point and stand by it, instead of bemoaning being attacked.

Finally, please please please don't put assume and gender in the same sentence. This is a creeping phenomenon in society in general we can very well do without. It's not a point you had to make, it has zero weight in anything we were talking about and is a piss-poor attempt at deflection.

If you're serious about wanting people to handle other opinions, I await your reply.

14 minutes ago, McDeeBop said:

What's also part and parcel of being a football fan is losing games of football.

This is very true, even top teams do not win every game they play.

I believe Steve Clarke will turn out to be a real asset as manager and I am pleased the fans really got behind the team at home last night. This does not happen very often these days.

The one point I want to make here is that for a team at the bottom of the league, losing (beat you to it with the edit Skydog) 3-0 at home has to be a poor disappointing result regardless of any aesthetic considerations.

I'll be there on Sunday, ever hopeful that Steve can chalk up his first win as Killie manager. 

KTID.

Edited by gdevoy

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

This is very true, even top teams do not win every game they play.

I believe Steve Clarke will turn out to be a real asset as manager and I am pleased the fans really got behind the team at home last night. This does not happen very often these days.

The one point I want to make here is that for a team at the bottom of the league, loosing 3-0 at home has to be a poor disappointing result regardless of any aesthetic considerations.

I'll be there on Sunday, ever hopeful that Steve can chalk up his first win as Killie manager. 

KTID.

I don't recollect anyone saying losing 3-0 at home ISN'T a a poor result, excusing my double negative.

Why does that require a 'team at the bottom of the league' qualifier? Any team wouldn't want the result we got. A lot of teams would play worse than we did and win comfortably. Very unlucky overall, and significant positives to take away.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

....losing (beat you to it with the edit Skydog).....

I don't correct people's spelling, as a rule, unless they commit the cardinal sin of misspelling while highlighting someone else's error. Maybe you are thinking of McLean07.

Since you choose to call me out I will add that, for someone who can't spell them, you do use the words "lose, "losing", loser" etc rather a lot!

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, skygod said:

I don't correct people's spelling, as a rule, unless they commit the cardinal sin of misspelling while highlighting someone else's error. Maybe you are thinking of McLean07.

Since you choose to call me out I will add that, for someone who can't spell them, you do use the words "lose, "losing", loser" etc rather a lot!

It have been McLean, in which case I apologise profusely.