Something must be done!!!!

gdevoy

This past couple of weeks the meeja has been flooded with "what a waste of oxygen men are".

Everything from inappropriate verbal and or physical advances to outright criminal behaviour have been hovered up and plastered across screens and transmitted over radios.

All to the banshee wail of "something must be done". The question I find keeps coming back to me is what "something" are we talking about here?

Because all I hear is:

1) An ever increasing volume of hot air about how unacceptable this all is and 
2) Multiple suggestions of many forms of action, all of which I would categorise as a witch-hunt. 

By a witch-hunt I mean anonymous accusations, no need to provide any proof, no right to face your accuser. I am not saying the way things are is acceptable but I don't think a witch hunt is the way to go.

Regarding the meeja grabbing Twitter Storm Portia de Rossi ----   Steven Seagal "sexual harassment" scandal, in my admittedly limited experience, this sort of adolescent nonsense was normally brought to a very sharp conclusion with the contemptuous retort, "Grow up!"

But then I'm just an old git from a different era.

For the avoidance of doubt let me be clear I have no first person knowledge of such situations but only as a third party onlooker.

15 hours ago, historyman said:

I've mentioned this before but I still can't believe that someone can get PTSD for 6 months just because Kevin Spacey grabbed his balls in a pub. 

I've just watched the series on the Vietnam war and it's not quite the same thing. 

I guess you'd need to have your balls grabbed by Kevin Spacey to find that out for sure. I'd think having my balls grabbed by him would cause me some trauma. It's a total violation

2 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

I guess you'd need to have your balls grabbed by Kevin Spacey to find that out for sure. I'd think having my balls grabbed by him would cause me some trauma. It's a total violation

i'd think kevin spacey grabbing my balls would cause kevin spacey some trauma.....