Today's Sun - Kris Boyd.

Ngonge88

I am one who has been critical of Boyds media coverage and how annoyed I've been about how little he talks about his own club. 

However in today's Sun is a great read. Everything he says is correct imo, well maybe he's sticking up for MJ a bit much but apart from that. 

Dont know how to add the article but credit where it's due big man! Bang a couple in tomorrow!

4 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I am one who has been critical of Boyds media coverage and how annoyed I've been about how little he talks about his own club. 

However in today's Sun is a great read. Everything he says is correct imo, well maybe he's sticking up for MJ a bit much but apart from that. 

Dont know how to add the article but credit where it's due big man! Bang a couple in tomorrow!

Could you transcribe, or take a photo & stick it on here for those who wont buy that s***house paper, please

Good read? Apart from all the cliches? Hard to please Killie fans. Business people with millions who were turning up. Fans to come flooding back. Or maybe he’s that daft he believes all that s**te. They’ve taken threads from here and spun them into an article.

edited to say that I do appreciate the general feeling of appreciation towards the supporters at the Hibs game, while sticking the knife into us in general terms and about MJ. It’s not a blame culture when the blame is merited.

Edited by rb_506

I thought it was a good read too. We are a notoriously hard lot to please and Tuesday night was a landslide moment. I genuinely was proper proud with the support and the fact it's made such an impression is the reason we will win today by two goals. 

The MJ stuff I also partly agreed with. Yes he was a major problem at the club but the stick he received was, at times, way OTT and vocal investors haven't flocked back after their paper talk.

Can we get up to 7,000 each week? You know I don't think that's pie in the sky stuff but we need to engage with primary and secondary schools ASAP. Free tickets for all Ayrshire kids and start reducing the average age of our support over next ten years. 

I've been very critical of Kris Boyd since he returned for his third spell with us but it's only fair he gets credit where it's due.

He has used one of his media columns this week to speak about killie and to speak positively about the fans on Tuesday night (It's great the players were aware of our efforts as fans against Hibs). 

Some fans posts on here have picked up on his comments regarding lack of outside investment since MJ left and how fans (Tuesday aside) generally haven't returned like we believed they would. Personally I can't argue with those comments as he is correct. 

The club is on the up I believe and Tuesday I hope was a real turning point.

Only thing I would say is I don't agree that Killie fans are a hard bunch to please. We want to see committed players who give their all. We don't expect victories and world class football every week but we do expect players who give 100%. Since Kenny was sacked the dross we have endured for 5 years prior to Steve Clarke arriving has been a long hard slog. 

Comments from Boyd show that hopefully the tide is turning. 

P.S Hearts have no players right now, certainly no midfield and are pinning their hopes of success tomorrow on a 37 year old passing a late fitness test. . . LET'S GET INTO THEM. 

P.P.S I hate Craig Levein. A truly terrible manager, he's everything that's wrong with Scottish football, and easily the worlds most boring man. can you imagine listening in to the chats he and Ian Cathro must have had? I'm shocked having to sit next to him for 6 months didn't turn Ann Budge to the drink. 

Yes, very positive article, certainly better than his "get it up you" gesture when he scored against Partick. Maybe we don't appreciate how much comments on here and on Twitter and Facebook affect our players. They might not read the comments but I bet their friends and families do.

Hopefully Tuesday was a landmark moment and not a landslide moment Bullitt. xD

Boydie is right ! there is a sense of togetherness about the support and even on this forum which has been missing for a long time. Steve Clarke will have his ups and downs, but we have a manager that has had other clubs looking on in envy,I for one think our great club is on its way back from those dark years. so stick together back the team and BELIEVE ! 

Edited by theauldyin

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

KILMARNOCK supporters are a hard lot to please.

Quick to criticise, they’ll soon let you know if they’re not happy with what they’re seeing.

*pic removed*

I’ve played for the team and heard groans coming off the pitch after we’ve WON.

But something happened at Rugby Park on Tuesday night after we lost 3-0 at home to Hibs.

Something that was actually a shock to the system for me and the other lads.

We got applauded off the pitch.

Fans usually so vitriolic in defeat stood clapping their hands in appreciation of the effort and overall performance of the team.

Honestly, I didn’t ever think it would have been possible.

*pic removed*

For me it’s a turning point, a massive shift in attitude that tells me the club is on its way back.

The arrival of Steve Clarke as manager has given everyone such a huge boost that all the negativity that’s poisoned the club down the years — probably for the last decade — has gone.

Michael Johnston leaving hasn’t been a bad thing for the fans, either.

But I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the stick that man got was completely over the top.

He did so much for the club that went unnoticed and the amount of abuse he got wasn’t right.

But we live in a blame culture, don’t we? And Michael was an easy target. All I heard when he was in charge of the club was people say they wouldn’t invest more money until he was gone.

Fans turned their back on the team and insisted they wouldn’t be back until he left.

*pic removed*

*pic removed*

Well, Michael is away and no one has turned up at Rugby Park offering to plough in millions.

The supporters didn’t immediately start flooding back, either.

But I’m optimistic that’s a possibility now that we have a manager who’s an absolute gem.

I know how that’ll sound, but it’s the truth.

Steve has come into the football club with so much confidence and positivity, it’s been absolutely brilliant.

That’s no criticism of previous managers, either.

Looking back, Lee McCulloch probably regrets bringing in so many players in the summer who hadn’t been playing at their previous clubs.

When you’ve been injured or off form then it’s very difficult to hit the ground running.

In hindsight it was always going to take them a few months to find their feet and get fully fit. And that’s the way it’s turned out. But it’s the positivity that’s coming from the stands
that’s helping the team so much.

We had a good following against Partick Thistle and then against Rangers and Celtic.

The supporters are really buying into everything that’s happening at the club right now and it’s brilliant to see.

Will we ever get to a point we’re we’ve got 7,000 coming to Rugby Park every week? Probably not.

I’ve played in the team when we were getting that size of crowd and I doubt those numbers will come back.

But there’s no doubt the fans are believing in the manager and the team more than any time in the last ten years.

*pic removed*

That can make a huge difference and, in fact, I’d say they MUST keep the faith because the club needed them more than ever.

Steve will have high hopes of improving the squad in January and next summer, but he can only do that if he’s got money to spend.

The biggest way for him to get money is for supporters to come back through the turnstiles — and to keep coming.

When Killie were in danger of going down two seasons ago, the fans turned out.

There was a play-off with Falkirk, Rugby Park was crammed and that made a huge difference.

But it’s now that we need those folk. It’s now, when we’re a topflight team with hopes of kicking on.

It’s too late to turn up when the team is struggling.

But the signs are there that the local people in the town are right behind what’s going on now.

I go into Kilmarnock and I see it. I feel it. There’s a genuine feeling that the club is going somewhere again.

*pic removed*

Honestly, we were sitting in the dressing room after we lost to Hibs and the boys spoke about the way the supporters applauded them off the pitch.

It really struck a chord with everyone because that hasn’t ever happened for as long as I’ve been involved with the club.

The punters realised the team had given it everything they had and it was just one of those nights when things didn’t go our way.

We dominated a large percentage of the game and just didn’t get the breaks.

Supporters usually just look at the result but the Killie fans didn’t do that and I took that as a landmark moment.

With that kind of backing in the weeks and months to come, I’ve got  nothing but hope that this season can be a good one.

2 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

To be fair, the MJ stuff looks to be pretty spot-on too - particularly the investment post-leaving.

The new-found positivity coming from both the club and the fans recently has been excellent - I feel this article is possible pushed by the club, who see Boyd as an influential figure, to reinforce that point. And good on them - long may this continue. Hopefully kick-starting with SC's first win as boss tomorrow!

44 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Yes, very positive article, certainly better than his "get it up you" gesture when he scored against Partick. Maybe we don't appreciate how much comments on here and on Twitter and Facebook affect our players. They might not read the comments but I bet their friends and families do.

Hopefully Tuesday was a landmark moment and not a landslide moment Bullitt. xD

Jeezo I'm an idiot xD

I think the MJ stuff is a bit contradictory; “he did so much for the club....”, then most of the rest of the article is spent talking about low crowds, negativity, lack of investment. Sorry but that all happened on Michael’s watch. 

Off the top of my head I can think of a couple of games where the team were applauded off the pitch after a defeat. One of them Boyd actually played in (0-3 v Motherwell) so he must know if the performance is there, fans appreciate it. Mixu’s teams are another example of patience being shown because we were heading in the right direction. 

There’s nothing wrong with having standards. Boyd himself is quick enough to say when things aren’t good enough at other clubs. Maybe he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror an ask if performances have been good enough over the last decade or so. Outwith the Mixu/Shiels years, I’d say no. Why should we have to accept that?