Hearts Match Thread

C4mmy31

1 minute ago, gordonp said:

At Murrayfield today and what an atmosphere in the Killie end. Brilliant to be there. Lets face it we were totally dominant in the first half and although we let Hearts back into it a bit in the second half we totally deserved this win. The difference is now that we are playing through the midfield on short tight passes and keeping possession ( not rocket science!!)  and then feeding the strikers rather than lumping it up front all the time to KB who cannot win the ball!! Hearts thankully were disappointing and poor!

I think KB has his mojo back which is great and influenced by the Steve C team spirit and belief which he has built up. I thought it was significant that Boydie came back on to the park at the end of the game with his big anorak on.....to congratulate his team mates on the win....I think in previous similar games he might have already been in the bath not knowing how the game ended!! And thats not a criticism of him...I think it just demonstrates how the squad mood has changed for the better under SC!

Hope we can take that atmosphere to Dens. 

1 hour ago, Fankle said:

That was my first fitba game at Murrayfield too, didn't think the view was much better than behind the goals at Hampden tbh. Happy for it to be left to the egg chasers...

Oh and nae pies either >:( :killiepie:

Catering miles better than most football stadiums.

The transformation under Clarke in a few short weeks has been nothing short of incredible. I thought we played better in the 2nd half v Hibs than we did today but we were due a result like that. Fantastic away support as well. 

Got to mention Power again. I thought he was a dud but I was so wrong. He is at least an 8/10 every week. He was superb today again. Hardly ever gives the ball away. 

1 hour ago, gordonp said:

At Murrayfield today and what an atmosphere in the Killie end. Brilliant to be there. Lets face it we were totally dominant in the first half and although we let Hearts back into it a bit in the second half we totally deserved this win. The difference is now that we are playing through the midfield on short tight passes and keeping possession ( not rocket science!!)  and then feeding the strikers rather than lumping it up front all the time to KB who cannot win the ball!! Hearts thankully were disappointing and poor!

I think KB has his mojo back which is great and influenced by the Steve C team spirit and belief which he has built up. I thought it was significant that Boydie came back on to the park at the end of the game with his big anorak on.....to congratulate his team mates on the win....I think in previous similar games he might have already been in the bath not knowing how the game ended!! And thats not a criticism of him...I think it just demonstrates how the squad mood has changed for the better under SC!

Both KB's seem to have their mojo back tbf......

Nothing will match the last five or so minutes of the Rangers match for drama but today came close when we scored the winner. 

A good attacking position with lots of players forward came to an end when Findlay was forced to retreat and Hearts counter-attacked. 

Only a great stop by MacDonald foiled them and we counter-attacked again, ending up with  scoring. 

Literally end to end football! 

A good performance - very good in the first half, not nearly so good in the second. 

Good defensive organisation again but the decision making and execution going forward left a lot to be desired. 

That will either come or, more likely, Clarke will add some quality. 

Boyd was energetic and pressed pretty well so big credit to him. 

Great support throughout. The bandwagon is rolling so get on board now! 

Edited by skygod

33 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

The only disappointment is having to wait a full two weeks for the next installment! A few weeks ago was looking at the run of fixtures in December thinking hope we can pick up a point or two there....now don't see why we can't win every one of them!

IMO, that's no bad thing, after the run of games the players just came throu, it's gives them a wee bit time to get the batteries recharged for the run in till Xmas. I'm sure SC will keep them ticking over meantime and get over a few more of the ideas he wants to install, the boys will be ready for Dens on the 18th, SC & AD won't allow them not to be ....... 

PS, noticed on the Alba coverage, O'Donnell has some heavy strapping around his left knee, noticeable when Goncalvaes fouls him at the corner flag about 54 mins in, so the rest will definitely do him the world of good.

Edited by C4mmy31

It's rare to say this when on a good run but the international break is a help rather than a hindrance.

We have a pretty thin squad and asking some of the older guys such as Boyd, Broadfoot, Burke and Greer to play so many games so tight together must have taken a monumental effort from some of them, especially given the performances some of those guys put in.

Normally at this point we talk about a team having to work harder in traininh. Picking up two wins, two draws and a solitary defeat in that run of fixtures is beyond what anyone would have predicted.

Some well earned rest is due I think.

I’ve been following Killie since I was a boy in the 70’s and journied through some real highs and lows. I used to run your official website for many years through the times of the Scottish Cup win and Bobby Williamson era. The good feelings come from you guys and if you believe then the players will know it. I’ve been pretty silent in here for years, as demoralised as most of you in that time. Kenny Shiels comes along, puts some belief into the place with his positivity and charisma and you begin to believe...League Cup win over Celtic the result! The appointment of Steve Clarke is massive. He has worked with the very best in this country, Jose Mourinho, Kenny Dalglish etc. This guy is a massive cou for our club and his coaching ability is without question. I sense the real positivity amongst you guys and we need to continue to get behind the team. Lee McCulloch was a great guy and has made some good signings that are starting to bear fruit under an experienced manager and coach. I’m sure there will be a couple of quality additions come January from Clarke and his contacts south of the border. Believe and follow, get your arses back to RP, encourage your pals, and who knows where our support can take us. C’mon the Killie!!

Edited by Stgkillie

12 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

The only disappointment is having to wait a full two weeks for the next installment! A few weeks ago was looking at the run of fixtures in December thinking hope we can pick up a point or two there....now don't see why we can't win every one of them!

Give Jones a chance to recover after being almost killed off the park in the last two games.

Cant believe there were just over 1200 Killie fans at the game, sounded much more! Does anyone have any photographs or video clips that I can send to my brother in S.A. to give him an idea of the atmosphere. 

Edited by angus
Request for info.

17 hours ago, gdevoy said:

The Killie fans are unfortunately at the opposite end of the grounground to the tram stop.

Obviously too late now but the trams website said get off at the stop before Murrayfield for the North Stand.

Turns out there were loads of parking spaces near the ground anyway, although I'm sure that wouldn't be the case if there was a 67,000 crowd! 

Fantastic result and shows the growth in the team in past few weeks. Players once thought of as wasters (broadfoot and power) have shown that there are a couple of players in there. I know it's 2 weeks till next game but realistically the team need the rest, Gordon  Greer was absolutely burst against Hibs, likewise Taylor. Let them freshen up because Dundee is a massive game.

5 hours ago, Fankle said:

Obviously too late now but the trams website said get off at the stop before Murrayfield for the North Stand.

Turns out there were loads of parking spaces near the ground anyway, although I'm sure that wouldn't be the case if there was a 67,000 crowd! 

I got parked two minutes walk away from our end after asking one of the blue meanies where I could park. Easiest in and out of Edinburgh in my life