POWER to the people

Neilly

Alan power man of the match again today he has been brilliant since he has been brought in to play great signing for the club everything he does is so simple but effective for the team strong in the tackle and fast becoming first name on the team sheet it’s amazing for a man we thought was one of the ones going in January 

LM clearly had issues with a number of players.

Karleigh Osborne being unfit was code for he's s**te and I don't rate him.

Miles Addison injured was code for he f**ked up against Aberdeen so I'm getting rid.

He fell out with with Stephen O'Donnell and claimed Power  was unfit, which was clearly a load of s**te and again had fallen out with him.

It's no coincidence that the midfield was crying out to be changed for a while, he didn't do it then Power comes in v Thistle and we win.

While I appreciate the transformation under Clarke, let's not forget it all started at Thistle. 

The team shape and personnel were changed that day by Paul McDonald. 

He brought Power and Broadfoot in from the abyss and Clarke has continued to select the side that's performing on the park.

It seems clear now that the only people who didn't see the ability of both in the club were our previous management team.

No question that Power looks an outstanding player-another immense performance from him today. What a partnership him and Taylor have formed in the centre of the park. Also agreed about the transformation in Broadfoot and O'Donnell-both look totally different players. It really is astonishing the difference a manager can make. 

While Thistle was obviously a turning point in personnel and shape, and absolutely well done and credit to Paul McDonald btw, |I wonder if we will look back on that insane 5 minutes at Ibrox as the real moment that our season came alive-to go from looking down and out at 2-0 if the pen goes in to the way we got the draw must have given all the players a massive shot of confidence.

Not only do we now look really well organised and hard to break down but they are all playing for each other and putting so much effort in.Such a deserved second goal today-would have been a travesty if Hearts had got anything out of that game,

It’s great to see the difference in our   players before it was I can’t wait to January now I can’t wait till the next game and remember we have good players out injured so they will be like new signings it’s great it’s all good at our great club things can only go on from here 

31 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

No question that Power looks an outstanding player-another immense performance from him today. What a partnership him and Taylor have formed in the centre of the park. Also agreed about the transformation in Broadfoot and O'Donnell-both look totally different players. It really is astonishing the difference a manager can make. 

While Thistle was obviously a turning point in personnel and shape, and absolutely well done and credit to Paul McDonald btw, |I wonder if we will look back on that insane 5 minutes at Ibrox as the real moment that our season came alive-to go from looking down and out at 2-0 if the pen goes in to the way we got the draw must have given all the players a massive shot of confidence.

Not only do we now look really well organised and hard to break down but they are all playing for each other and putting so much effort in.Such a deserved second goal today-would have been a travesty if Hearts had got anything out of that game,

IMO, Power, Broadfoot & O'Donnell didn't play much last season down south, as well as fitness issues, it's probably taken them a bit of time to adjust to playing week in week out again and come to terms with the Scottish game tbf.

Edited by C4mmy31

Are you joking??? Power was instrumental in Lincoln City’s FA cup run last season...no injuries..which ended in defeat v Arsenal...AND incidentally , this year they’ve gone out in the first round proper... wonder if they’re questioning their decision to only offer a year.?..it’s down to Clarke coming  in... looking at the caliber of players he’s got and knowing how he can get the best from them.... and getting it!!!!

He's on a great run of form, breaks up play so well. Clarke's well organised system probably makes his job easier but he's playing his role to perfection at the minute.

What Power is currently doing is the job generally expected of Gary Dicker. When Dicker moved into defence last season we saw how good he is on the ball, you don't get to see that so much when you're playing the disruptive role in midfield. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens if Clarke decides to play Dicker in midfield alongside Power, Power playing the Dicker role should allow him to dictate play a bit more, could be exciting to see with the younger guys driving forward.

In what I have seen since Clark has come in I’d say Power is a better footballer than Dicker , I think Dicker is retreating to a centre half position because he has good positional awareness . His passing isn’t as good as power . Also Power is willing to take the ball in tight spaces and give it short and take it back . Like a Paul Scholes simple then long . Without comparing him to anything near Scholes ability . 

14 hours ago, Bullitt said:

While I appreciate the transformation under Clarke, let's not forget it all started at Thistle.

The team shape and personnel were changed that day by Paul McDonald.

He brought Power and Broadfoot in from the abyss and Clarke has continued to select the side that's performing on the park.

It seems clear now that the only people who didn't see the ability of both in the club were our previous management team.

Said the same thing to my mate today. In addition he also moved Taylor to centre mid, brought in Findlay at left back and played Jones off Boyd rather than as a winger.

All very insightful changes as it turned out. However I remember thinking it was a helluva gamble when we got to Firhill that day !!

So fair play to Paul McDonald - he knew exactly what he was doing. The fact that Steve Clarke has stuck with virtually the same team endorses that.

Just shows the coaching capability we have within the Club.

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

He's on a great run of form, breaks up play so well. Clarke's well organised system probably makes his job easier but he's playing his role to perfection at the minute.

What Power is currently doing is the job generally expected of Gary Dicker. When Dicker moved into defence last season we saw how good he is on the ball, you don't get to see that so much when you're playing the disruptive role in midfield. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens if Clarke decides to play Dicker in midfield alongside Power, Power playing the Dicker role should allow him to dictate play a bit more, could be exciting to see with the younger guys driving forward.

It's coming to the point of who is he going to drop when Kiltie/Dicker come back? Who would have thought that was going to be a dilemma 6 games ago?! Long may it continue!

3 hours ago, jesper said:

It's coming to the point of who is he going to drop when Kiltie/Dicker come back? Who would have thought that was going to be a dilemma 6 games ago?! Long may it continue!

Maybe the question should be, Are Kiltie or Dicker better than what we currently have? At present I'd say Power is better than Dicker, Kiltie & Jones are probably 50/50 in the #10 role.

3 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

At present I'd say Power is better than Dicker

That's a bold statement. I think Burke is the most likely to lose his place once Dicker is fit. Taylor will move to left wing, Dicker and Power in the middle, McKenzie on the right.

Once Kiltie is fit we're faced with a more difficult decision of where to put both him and JJ. But hey it's a good problem to have.

Reckon Dicker and Power will compliment each others style very effectively. If Dicker can recapture the form he showed last season, we should have one of the best centre mids in the League, based on Power's performances over the last few games. A bold statement but considering where we were around a month ago midfield wise, it is quite a choice to have. Taylor left and McKenzie right will also give us strength in the middle. Incredibly, the side is pretty much picking itself at the moment.

As said once Kiltie is fit the choice between him and JJ is a great one to have. If we can add a prolific fast goalscorer in front of them in January things are shaping up nicely. Just have to hope that we don't suffer any injuries to the current starting XI.

Edited by Jedi2

1 hour ago, Calummoore86 said:

That's a bold statement. I think Burke is the most likely to lose his place once Dicker is fit. Taylor will move to left wing, Dicker and Power in the middle, McKenzie on the right.

Once Kiltie is fit we're faced with a more difficult decision of where to put both him and JJ. But hey it's a good problem to have.

Need to remember Findlay is only here til January, most likely Taylor back to LB then I'd go with Jones, Power, Dicker and McKenzie with Kiltie in no 10 role. That would be my preference once everyone's fit again

14 minutes ago, KFCSteve said:

Need to remember Findlay is only here til January, most likely Taylor back to LB then I'd go with Jones, Power, Dicker and McKenzie with Kiltie in no 10 role. That would be my preference once everyone's fit again

It is possible that we could extend the loan if Newcastle agree, or bring in somebody else to keep Greg Taylor in midfield.

potentially the best squad we have had in a while if all fit . I hope Kiltie can produce his past performances . I feel Jones is more dangerous inside now and Kiltie would need to play on left . McKenzie is good on right of a four . Him and Odonnell must be fittest players in league . Taylor Dicker Power Wilson Thomas Burke Frizzell Hawkshaw Smith All fighting to feature . 

Brophy will be out on loan i think . Would make sense get him 10 goals in championship at Falkirk or Morton see if he has any desire to make it . I’d loan out Graham and McKay . 

Watching Power yesterday, and indeed the last 4 matches, he is constantly looking around himself, he only needs to take a few paces to find himself time & space. He's very comfortable on the ball and as highlighted on Sportscene last night can ping a 50yrd pass Eremenko-esque. The one to O'Donnell second half was pinpoint accuracy. To me that's the sign of quality and we have a seriously good player on our hands. 

The only question for me is..... Why the hell has he spent the last 7/8yrs playing non league football for Rushton & Diamonds & Lincoln City?