Credit where it’s due

Killieboys

In a short space of time there seems to be a real good feel good factor building. While SC is receiving plaudits and the players are elevating their status with the fans, I feel one person has not received the full recognition they deserve. Step forward Billy Bowie, a master stroke to have the foresight to identify as a target and then persuade a manager of SC’s status to come to Killie. Then the club are pro active with reduced season tickets. Feels like the club is moving forward on many fronts. So from me thanks Billy , it feels good to be a Killie fan again.

3 minutes ago, Killieboys said:

In a short space of time there seems to be a real good feel good factor building. While SC is receiving plaudits and the players are elevating their status with the fans, I feel one person has not received the full recognition they deserve. Step forward Billy Bowie, a master stroke to have the foresight to identify as a target and then persuade a manager of SC’s status to come to Killie. Then the club are pro active with reduced season tickets. Feels like the club is moving forward on many fronts. So from me thanks Billy , it feels good to be a Killie fan again.

Seconded.   Billy seems to dislike publicity and has been challenged in the past about our friend MJ but in securing Steve Clarke and putting money into the club when all seemed dire, he deserves high profile recognition from us as Killie fans.

We can best reward him now by putting bums on seats at RP as we already have an away support in numbers that are welcomed by other clubs.

The environment is on the mend at RP Billy!!!!!!

Irrespective of what any Killie fans opinion of billy bowie has been the undeniable fact is if it had not been for him putting his hand in his pocket in the past there would not have been a club to bring Steve Clarke to! We all owe him a massive vote of thanks for  doing that and should hope as has been said more bums on seats from any of the many lapsed fans.Time for them to stand up and be counted!!

What made me feel fairly hopeless for a long time was that I thought we needed both better organisation behind the scenes and better football on the pitch to get folk back. I couldn't see a scenario where that would come together at the same time. Huge credit due, and a real turnaround in a short space of time. Long may it continue. 

If you want to give credit where its due then you shouldn't be singling out Billy Bowie when John Kiltie is equally responsible for getting Steve Clarke here, this was not a money deal and was within the budget already set. Billy has done not bad for himself getting an SPFL club and a hotel at bargain basement prices, not that I hold that against him, I'd just rather he did it with the help of Alan McLeish and the online bookie guy and he didn't handicap himself by propping up Johnston financially when he was almost in a position where he'd be forced to sell. I bet you all the tea in China that he wishes he'd done the same now! Hindsight is a great thing of course. Still, what's done is done and he seems to be making some good choices now which he does deserve much credit for, as does John Kiltie though and of course to a lesser extent the new guy Bill White if he's been involved too.

2 hours ago, Killieboys said:

Also a big up to the two Killie fans at the Trust who contacted Steve and laid the foundations for Billy to call him and persuade him to come to Rugby Park.

Edited by CBFC

43 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Also a big up to the two Killie fans at the Trust who contacted Steve and laid the foundations for Billy to call him and persuade him to come to Rugby Park.

Feel this is one of the few times id like to ask to "name names" in a positive way, cos I'd like to buy these guys a pint!

8 hours ago, aumgn said:

Feel this is one of the few times id like to ask to "name names" in a positive way, cos I'd like to buy these guys a pint!

I am sure if you contact the trust then they will be happy to accept a pint. ...or two..

However I think they would more than happy that more fans sign up to TiK. If this is an example of how the fans can help the club just think what we could do with a fan rep on the board. 

I'd like to say thanks for everything BB has done.

He has underwritten the club financially and kept it in existence. He made some less than stellar decisions early on but seems to be a quick learner and seems to be getting good advice now. 

He is not really a guy for publicity and being in the public eye, but he is a businessman and does understand the value of having a +ve image with the fans. For me, this is a refreshing change.

Steve Clarke is god, KTID.