Youssouf Mulumbu

Squirrelhumper

4 hours ago, baggie192 said:

Hello lads. I hope you don't mind a Baggie dropping in to give their tuppence worth? Youssouf Mulumbu joined us in January 09 and was a lynchpin in RDM's push into the Premier League. Between him and Dorrans it's possably the best £675k we spent during the early 00's for both. Mulumbu great box to box midfielder who if he still has legs will rip Scottish football a new 'arris. Ceative, Great footballing brain, he runs games. I was gutted when Pulis let him go. The man is a jewel and Clarke knows how to play him In closing good luck you have an awesome player who will do you well in the words of our soong "He comes from Africa, He's better than Kaka"

Cheers mate. Been to a few midweek games at Hawthorns when working in Brum  Great club. 

2 hours ago, baggie192 said:

Thanks looks like it's Pardew, which, is okay as long as it's a rolling contract. I can see ending up in the same place again in 18 months. We are sadly stagnating since Clarke took us to our highest prem finish. I wish the board would show some ambition and look overseas

Always happy to hear of someone south of the border looking out for our results, whether it's through a favourite ex player or manager etc joining us. 

Thanks for your input mate and spread the word, there's more than two clubs in Scotland despite what Sky want you to believe. 

2 hours ago, baggie192 said:

Thanks looks like it's Pardew, which, is okay as long as it's a rolling contract. I can see ending up in the same place again in 18 months. We are sadly stagnating since Clarke took us to our highest prem finish. I wish the board would show some ambition and look overseas

So if you had a say in choice who would you have preferred as WBA manager @baggie192

19 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

So if you had a say in choice who would you have preferred as WBA manager @baggie192

Graham Potter mate Ostersunde FK manager We used to take risks Mowbray, RDM, Clarke. they pai off in the most part. But get sold to a Chinese Billionaire and it's about protecting the investment Pulis fat sham and likely next manager Pardew. If it is at least we'll be more attacking. There's an outside chance we could mess up Rangers when we interview McInnes :D

Edited by baggie192

10 minutes ago, baggie192 said:

Graham Potter mate Ostersunde FK manager We used to take risks Mowbray, RDM, Clarke. they pai off in the most part. But get sold to a Chinese Billionaire and it's about protecting the investment Pulis fat sham and likely next manager Pardew. If it is at least we'll be more attacking. There's an outside chance we could mess up Rangers when we interview McInnes :D

I doubt you'd be messing Rangers about tbh, they can't afford the compensation needed for him .... Lol

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

West Brom are very much the premier leagues equivalent of us. 

Used to be a yo yo club so not as established as us!!

I always side with any club in blue and white stripes but also had a sneaky regard for Wolverhampton Wanderers and I'm told by the locals that this isn't allowed!

Good luck to them it's a hard pressed area that deserves a successful Premier league club.

21 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Used to be a yo yo club so not as established as us!!

I always side with any club in blue and white stripes but also had a sneaky regard for Wolverhampton Wanderers and I'm told by the locals that this isn't allowed!

Good luck to them it's a hard pressed area that deserves a successful Premier league club.

HERESY! HERESY! I tells ya :2:

Older members may remember a friendly at The Hawthorns in September 1994. 

Both clubs had a blank Saturday due to international fixtures. 

Neil Whitworth made his debut as a trialist. Lost 0-1 with a Killie contingent of around 200 there. A 2 PM kick-off and traffic delays meant that many missed the first half hour.

Edited by skygod

New Kilmarnock signing Youssuf Mulumbu says he went to manager Steve Clark and asked to sign for the club.

The Congo international, who was a free agent after leaving Norwich City in the summer, has joined up with former boss Steve Clarke at Killie, signing a deal until the end of the season with the Rugby Park outfit.

Mulumbu says when he saw Clarke, whom he played under at West Bromwich Albion, had taken charge of the Premiership side he was on the phone right away to set up a reunion.

The 30-year-old said: "I was in my living room, watching the TV, and I saw Steve Clarke had taken charge. I called my agent and asked if we could talk to him.

"When I called him he was surprised, he told me to wait as he had games. Then he told me to come for training and I did for a week.

"I'm very happy as the lads have been great with me.

Clarke has been impressed by Mulumbu's fitness but says the midfielder needs time to get up to speed having missed pre-season following his release by the Canaries.

"It's obviously a good signing for us," he said. "When I found out Youssuf wanted to train I was delighted to offer him the chance."

"He's enjoyed it, he wanted to stay until the end of the season and we've found a deal that keeps him here.

"His fitness has been good, obviously a few aches and pains as he comes back, but he's almost ready to be in the match-day squad."

(STV)

7 hours ago, skygod said:

New Kilmarnock signing Youssuf Mulumbu says he went to manager Steve Clark and asked to sign for the club.

The Congo international, who was a free agent after leaving Norwich City in the summer, has joined up with former boss Steve Clarke at Killie, signing a deal until the end of the season with the Rugby Park outfit.

Mulumbu says when he saw Clarke, whom he played under at West Bromwich Albion, had taken charge of the Premiership side he was on the phone right away to set up a reunion.

The 30-year-old said: "I was in my living room, watching the TV, and I saw Steve Clarke had taken charge. I called my agent and asked if we could talk to him.

"When I called him he was surprised, he told me to wait as he had games. Then he told me to come for training and I did for a week.

"I'm very happy as the lads have been great with me.

Clarke has been impressed by Mulumbu's fitness but says the midfielder needs time to get up to speed having missed pre-season following his release by the Canaries.

"It's obviously a good signing for us," he said. "When I found out Youssuf wanted to train I was delighted to offer him the chance."

"He's enjoyed it, he wanted to stay until the end of the season and we've found a deal that keeps him here.

"His fitness has been good, obviously a few aches and pains as he comes back, but he's almost ready to be in the match-day squad."

(STV)

It’s good that he’s been here for a few weeks and we have a proper idea of his fitness. He also knows our tactics, manager and players. The quote “almost ready for match day squad” suggests we won’t see the tactic of one former manager who was prone to signing players late and starting them the next day.

12 hours ago, skygod said:

Neil Whitworth made his debut as a trialist. Lost 0-1 with a Killie contingent of around 200 there. A 2 PM kick-off and traffic delays meant that many missed the first half hour.

I remember that game, the papers made a few comments about Bobby Williamson returning to The Hawthorns.

Interesting about it being during an international break, my memory too was that it was a pre season game.

Actually I don't remember getting free weekends for internationals back then, all qualifiers were played in midweek. Scotland's only game that month was away to Finland, I remember listening to it at work as the game kicked off about 5pm.

On 11/23/2017 at 4:45 PM, baggie192 said:

Hello lads. I hope you don't mind a Baggie dropping in to give their tuppence worth? Youssouf Mulumbu joined us in January 09 and was a lynchpin in RDM's push into the Premier League. Between him and Dorrans it's possably the best £675k we spent during the early 00's for both. Mulumbu great box to box midfielder who if he still has legs will rip Scottish football a new 'arris. Ceative, Great footballing brain, he runs games. I was gutted when Pulis let him go. The man is a jewel and Clarke knows how to play him In closing good luck you have an awesome player who will do you well in the words of our soong "He comes from Africa, He's better than Kaka"

Great signing - was at your game at Huddersfield a few weeks ago. Pullis was getting dogs abuse from your support which was impressive in numbers - WBA were terrible, similar to what Killie had been like to recently - little surprise he was sacked. Mind you WBA were some team in the late 70s / early 80s.

20 hours ago, skygod said:

We missed 2 minutes and still missed the only goal!

47 minutes ago, Guard Lane said:

Great signing - was at your game at Huddersfield a few weeks ago. Pullis was getting dogs abuse from your support which was impressive in numbers - WBA were terrible, similar to what Killie had been like to recently - little surprise he was sacked. Mind you WBA were some team in the late 70s / early 80s.

I loved Cyrille Regis and Laurie Cunningham.

2 hours ago, Guard Lane said:

We've had our up's and down's since then:D Hudderfield the infamous 8-0-2 match he was a dead man walking