Youssouf Mulumbu

Squirrelhumper

13 minutes ago, skygod said:

Clarke would probably have been on well over £1m at WBA but we seem to be able to afford him!

I know we sent folks all over The Congo in the 19 Century but unlike Stevie, I'd be surprised if Youssouf has family in Ayrshire.

I'm not knocking it, but as Toya Wilcox said "it's a mystery". Maybe he just wants a first team stage to sell himself on and Steve can provide one.

Go for it, I say.

27 minutes ago, skygod said:

Aren't you thinking of Belgium (somebody has to!).

I suppose so, but you know what we're like. The boat could have beeen headed for "British West Africa" but once we've had a wee refreshment or two, The Belgian Congo would be an easy mistake to make.

Edited by gdevoy

Alves is massively over-rated for what he is now. A good player in the past (Porto/ Zenit) but he's completely passed it now.

For Huns to claim he was a Euro winner is like us claiming Jones is an integral part of the NI squad. Alves played 1 match in the tournament (against Wales).

He was horrendous for a poor Cagliari side last year and has done absolutely nothing of note this year at Rangers. 1 last pay day indeed.

Mulumbu (on paper) is a class above what teams outside of the old firm should be aiming at. It will hopefully give the current crop of players a look at what we as a club can potentially bring in.

15 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

Alves is massively over-rated for what he is now. A good player in the past (Porto/ Zenit) but he's completely passed it now.

For Huns to claim he was a Euro winner is like us claiming Jones is an integral part of the NI squad. Alves played 1 match in the tournament (against Wales).

He was horrendous for a poor Cagliari side last year and has done absolutely nothing of note this year at Rangers. 1 last pay day indeed.

Mulumbu (on paper) is a class above what teams outside of the old firm should be aiming at. It will hopefully give the current crop of players a look at what we as a club can potentially bring in.

Can't argue with that.  Portugal are slightly better than NI though but I get your point!

Mulumbu clearly has a lot of respect for SC, especially when he's travelled up here just to get himself fit.

In all honesty, I'd be surprised if we manage to clinch a deal with him, especially re wages...would eclipse the surprise I felt when Clarke became boss.

But aye, he'd be a good signing imo who'd bring a wealth of valuable experience. Hope Clarke plays his cards right providing he is seriously interested in signing him.