Youssouf Mulumbu

Squirrelhumper

50 minutes ago, piffer said:

Aside from maybe Motherwell who are playing well and have a cup final do we think any other fans in the country have the positivity and buzz we have just now? Imagine what it will be like when wins start coming regularly 

Ra invincibles surely ? ( except of course when they get beaten which doesn’t count towards there invincible tag) 

Thought about them but despite the continued unbeaten run they haven’t hit the level of performance they did last year. Add to the the increased expectation they haven’t lived up to. Yes it’s probably great for them to be them but not sure they’ve got the buzz we have at the moment.

Fantastic to have him on board for 6 months, but one man doesn’t make a team (unless is name is Steven Gerrard). He will hopefully provide another level of ability on the park and training pitch, and should be a great influence on the younger guys in the team. It will also potentially open the door for other quality players needing a fresh start in January........

Steve Clarke quotes on the signing - 

“I’m delighted to bring Youssouf in. I know him well and he knows how I work so it’s a good move for both parties. “His fitness is improving all the time and I wouldn’t rule out him being involved at some stage against Aberdeen on Sunday.

“He has worked really hard since he came to us and the deal isn’t financial. - “He’s getting peanuts — he just wants to play and we can give him that opportunity. I was keen to get him secured now because my worry was that we’d get him fit and he’d get offers from someone better than us in January.

“We’ve seven games in December and he’ll be valuable  in those. “We’ve a lot of young players in our side and Youssuf will help them. He’s a good character and he’ll benefit the younger guys around him. He understands the game and he uses the ball well.”

10 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Steve Clarke quotes on the signing - 

“I’m delighted to bring Youssouf in. I know him well and he knows how I work so it’s a good move for both parties. “

I love this comment. Yeh, you're a big player, but dont get carried away, I'm the boss and you'll do what I tell you. 

Thats what I read into that anyway. 

And he does the :fingers: in the photo. I'm in love