Youssouf Mulumbu

Squirrelhumper

Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke says a deal for former West Bromwich Albion midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu is unlikely but not out of the question.

Congo international Mulumbu has joined up with his former boss at Rugby Park to work on his fitness after being released by English Championship side Norwich City during the summer.

Clarke played down the prospect of Mulumbu's move north becoming a permanent one, although the Kilmarnock boss refused to completely rule out the possibility of the pair being reunited.

He said: "He's not on trial, he's here to train. You don't have the experience or the standing in the game that Youssuf Mulumbu's got and go on trial.

"He's someone I know from my time at West Brom, I got a phone call from him to ask if he could come in and get his fitness up because he was sat at home on the couch doing nothing so he's been in for half a dozen sessions and is enjoying himself.

14 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

I think he's deliberately playing it down.

I would take our manager’s statement with a pinch of salt. I think a short term contract would benefit both parties. It gives us a quality player to help climb the league and puts him in the window at the same time. Point to consider is why travel all the way to Ayrshire for training facilities, even taking into consideration that they have a good relationship. Doesn’t he have similar contacts closer to home? 

We’ll see what happens over the coming days. Fingers crossed.

39 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Because a discourse on what is an acceptable description of Mulumbu's skin colour is off topic.

It was pointed out he was only player that fitted a description, the Op was then told about the error of his ways, if anything it would educate anyone else from making same mistakes. But of Russian style censorship