Club v country

kfc_superteam

2 hours ago, Loudoun Killie said:

.....we (Scotland) would never see a finals by your logic.....or get any supposed glamour quali ties against the likes of Germany etc.....

I thought I'd made it clear that the smaller countries I was referring to were the likes of Kosovo, Gibraltar, Malta, Liechtenstein, Kazakhstan, Moldova, San Marino, Andorra, the Baltic countries, Luxembourg, Georgia, Armenia etc.

I don't know why you think Scotland would be included.

These countries could still play Nations League (or whatever it's called) matches against bigger nations so that they get the opportunity to improve.

In fairness, the likes of the Faroe Islands, Cyprus, Albania and Iceland have improved greatly but it has taken many years. 

But the idea that the likes of Gibraltar, Andorra, San Marino and Liechtenstein are worthy of a place in major international competitions is beyond me.

The football calendar is crowded enough with having it bloated further by qualifying matches involving these minnows.

Edited by skygod

18 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

When I see things like Ryan Jack not getting a call up when he is with Aberdeen and playing well, but called up when with Rangers ....

Rewind to 2006 when Kris Boyd won his 1st cap after transferring to *anger*.   It's amazing how much better a player suddenly becomes with an Infirm jersey on.    

From a supporter perspective, there's such a disinterest and lack of excitement surrounding international football in Scotland, largely down to the fact we haven't qualified for a competitive major tournament in almost 20 years.

With that said, it's easy to say we'd rather follow Killie than having to go through a week of talking about and watching Scotland.

But aye, as some have said, we can follow both. It's not a competition...

Edited by AyrshireKillieG97

The "Tartan Army" with their membership cards, priority seating (just not beside your pals) and all that jazz killed it.

The SFA cashed in on all that, leaving those who didn't attended every game, or didnt want a membership card as second class Scotland fans.

That and a large number of the Tartan Army , aren't week in week out football fans, just part time fans, who have the money for the trips abroad and some face paint.

1 minute ago, Jasg said:

The grand parent rule has a lot to do with the apathy for international football going to watch 2nd rate Englishmen pretend there Scottish just cause they've a Dundee granny is beyond a joke

To be fair there’s only matt Phillips and James Morrison that I can think off that are English born That gave played recently. It certainly was more prevalent under Berti etc

I like to think I support killie and Scotland equally, with Scotland you get to see your team play against some of the best players in the world even if it is only in qualifying. 

22 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Don't know if you are like me but I really can't be bothered with the national team. International weekends are rotten.the pundits constantly go over the same points over and over again. Possibly if Scotland were in a world cup I'd shown more interest and I do watch the qualifiers. 

Would follow Killie over Scotland any day of the week. Maybe because we've had moments like the league cup final and Scottish cup wins. Certainly a better feeling after we beat Hearts at the weekend than when Scotland scored again Slovakia! 

Club everyday but like many killie fans I follow Scotland all over. 

Neither effect each other so it's a daft question. 

I'd rather watch Scotland than some daft English team. Nothing worse than Scottish folk calling each other Scouse/Manc bastards etc. 

1 hour ago, RAG said:

The "Tartan Army" with their membership cards, priority seating (just not beside your pals) and all that jazz killed it.

The SFA cashed in on all that, leaving those who didn't attended every game, or didnt want a membership card as second class Scotland fans.

That and a large number of the Tartan Army , aren't week in week out football fans, just part time fans, who have the money for the trips abroad and some face paint.

You could buy a ticket for any game, even in England in public sale. 

Your post nonsense. Every support has folk that use it as a day out. Killie no different. 

7 hours ago, RAG said:

It costs nothing to join the Tartan Army, if you support Scotland you are part of it.

You are referring to the Scotland Supporters Club, membership of that is discretional...

14 hours ago, skygod said:

One other thought about international football - I was never able to get my head around schizophrenic/ hypocritical mindset of fans who could shout abuse at, say, Scott Brown of Celtic for 90 minutes on a Saturday and sing his praises in a Scotland shirt a few days later!

Cos when he's playing for Celtic he's our enemy, and when he's playing for Scotland he's not! Exactly the kind of player who everyone hates when they're playing against them but is class to support. Don't see much weird about that to be honest.

19 hours ago, skygod said:

One other thought about international football - I was never able to get my head around schizophrenic/ hypocritical mindset of fans who could shout abuse at, say, Scott Brown of Celtic for 90 minutes on a Saturday and sing his praises in a Scotland shirt a few days later!

You should wholeheartedly support  whoever plays for your country regardless of club allegiance. 

Just because they’ve pulled on a scotland jersey shouldn’t make them exempt from abuse every other Saturday.

i do this often but wouldn’t say Iv got schizophrenia  

7 hours ago, Fankle said:

It costs nothing to join the Tartan Army, if you support Scotland you are part of it.

You are referring to the Scotland Supporters Club, membership of that is discretional...

You're correct.  I was just paraphrasing my wee brothers complaints of the SSC, after him being a of it member for many years.

Membership is discretionary, but as all he games are on Sky, there's a danger it's all a bit elitist compared to the days of Don Hutchinson and Scotland actually being a decent side, which Scotland haven't been for more than a few games on the trot this century.  You could argue we're on our best run of form this century and the managers just left!

But the games being on BBX or STV rather than Sky is the key thing, everyone should be able to watch it.

3 hours ago, RAG said:

You're correct.  I was just paraphrasing my wee brothers complaints of the SSC, after him being a of it member for many years.

Membership is discretionary, but as all he games are on Sky, there's a danger it's all a bit elitist compared to the days of Don Hutchinson and Scotland actually being a decent side, which Scotland haven't been for more than a few games on the trot this century.  You could argue we're on our best run of form this century and the managers just left!

But the games being on BBX or STV rather than Sky is the key thing, everyone should be able to watch it.

Blame the BBC/Itv for that. 

They seem to find the funds to show England.