National stadium

Bobby14

National Stadium  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Which stadium would you chose as our national stadium?

• Hampden
    • Murrayfield
    • Celtic Park
    • Ibrox
    • Revamped Hampden
    • Another

Revamped Hampden, although that probably won't happen. Visibility from the ends is hellish although it worked for the athletics. 

It's good that the same people that failed to improve our young footballers are now going to take part in a money saving exercise because we haven't qualified for a major tournament since 1998. If they get rid of Hampden the SFA will say that all clubs will benefit, but the biggest beneficiaries will be Celtic and Sevco, as usual. Tourists on a train from Glasgow to Edinburgh will have a great opinion of Scotland if they are trapped with either of the Old Filth heading to Haymarket for a Cup Semi-Final or Final.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, Bigdodge said:

Hampdump is exactly that.....a dump.

A revamp would be too expensive to do it properly as opposed to the crap job that was done the last time.

You can't polish a turd and certainly not with those who are in charge at Hampdump.

Murrayfield for me.

Murraydump is sh1te.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:16 PM, Joe said:

Location location location. Hampdens a nightmare. Not saying ibrox. But best for motorway etc. I also like murrayfield. 

Murrayfield is s**te for football. I'm also against giving the egg chasers money. It should be kept in football.

Also, it's too big. We struggle to get close to filling Hampden, why play at stadium with 15k more seats? View behind the goals is terrible too, same as Hampden but I'd rather look at redeveloping those ends at Hampden.

As for location, how is Mutrayfield anyway better? Transport is a shambles coming out there with a full house too. Just look at any gig that's held there.  Hampden has 6 train stations within 10 minutes walk. The folk that moan about it seem to be teuchters who walk to Mount Florida every time like lemmings.

And finally, I'd rather drink in Mount Florida than the s**teholes on Paisley Road West/Gallowgate, or the stuck up hotels surrounding Murrayfield!

Hampden is far from perfect but if you ask the folk that actually go there regularly, the majority would rather stay.

Scotland should play in Glasgow. Leave Edinburgh to the egg chasers.

• 4 weeks later...

The SFA, plus Glasgow Council, plus a working party, that sounds like a plan. No inquiry ? Come on Glasgow, Edinburgh are spending millions on an inquiry, surely you can spend more than them.

Facilities that work for our communities ? How about Michael Gove and Boris Johnston versus a lion, I'd watch that.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I see the redevelopment model for Hampden's the stadium in Stuttgart. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/stuttgart-stadium-could-provide-inspiration-for-hampden-revamp-1-4798303

I checked it out on the internet so you don't have to!

From this..

stuttgart2.jpg

To this..

20678085972_94f65d322f_k.jpg

Interesting.  That last picture is IMO very Hampden like.  Presumably both ends wouldn't necessarily have to be done at the same time too.

Would be a big improvement even if they only half do the job - maybe why SFA are into the idea!

Edited by RAG

Just now, Wrangodog said:

I think I read that the revamp cost £50m.

One end at £25 million would be do-able.  Is a paltry sum compared to what a decent EPL full back costs.  From 1903 to 1950 when the Maracana was built in Brazil, Hampden was the biggest stadium in the world!  At one point Glasgow had the 3 biggest stadiums in the world.

Thats how low the SFA have taken us football fans!  There's not even a dome in the country!