What was your first game?

Waverley

The first one I can recall , but I’m sure my dad took me to some before that , was 1965 eoropean cup match versus Real Madrid. I was fascinated by my dad telling me about these fancy named footballers from somewhere called Spain and a certain player called Puskas who he pointed out to me everytime he touched the ball 

4 hours ago, Bobby Street Roll said:

1970 or thereabouts. A home 2-2 draw with Rangers. I think Tommy McLean scored and I have a vague memory of a penalty but can't even remember which side it was for! I stood in the wee enclosure at the front of the FB stand.

We were down 1 nil, but Tommy McLean equalised just before half-time. Big brother Jim put us ahead shortly after the restart. Jim wasn't big but he was fearless, ploughing into anyone who tried to intimidate wee Tommy.  Unfortunately the forces of darkness equalised.

I watched it from the covered terracing just in front of the exit stairs, what would now be the Chadwick side of the East Stand.

4 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

1980. Late season midweek 1-0 win against Rangers at RP, Bobby Street scoring the winner. Incredible that we have only beaten them twice at home in competitive games since then...Tam Black's free kick of course, and Pasca's backward header.(There was also a 3-0 friendly win in 1982 when Gregor Stevens broke Albert Morrison's leg-was at that one as well).

First away game was also 1980 at Pittodrie-Jim Brown was in goals! but 'only' lost 2-0. 

Went to that game with some of my teammates from our amateur team; we were late arriving and went into the Rangers end, thinking it would quiet as they were rubbish and had nothing to play for.

How wrong we were - never have I heard so much hatred and bile!

Anyway Ian Gibson strolled through the game, ironic hearing a Minister's son being called a feni*n b*stard, and Bobby Street hooked in a first half goal to keep us in the Premier League. That was the first time we'd avoided relegation from that league.

My grandfather took me to RP in the late fifties and I'm sure the opposition was Airdrie. Can't remember the score but can still smell the tobacco smoke that lingered in what is now the Frank Beattie stand. Vernon Wentzell and Jimmy Brown goalkeeper are in my head but that may be nonsense.

The whole experience was so emotional, I 've followed Killie ever since and 60 years later still go to many of the away games as well.

Great club, great history and great future.

First ever game was the Scottish cup game on March 6 1978 v Celtic winning 1-0 thanks to Derrick McDicken (forever a Killie hero and legend) when his shot went in off a post in 83 minutes although Celtic rallied and it was McDicken who saved Killie in the final minute when he blocked Edvaldsson's goal bound shot on the line. 99% sure SC big brother Paul partnered him in central defence. Was taken to the game by my eldest brother who was a Celtic fan (my other older brother was a Rangers fan back then - used to be mental on a Saturday night in my house growing up) who took me in to the Celtic end with him, we won resulting in me attending every other Killie home game that season and I've have only missed a handful since. KTID

Teams
Kilmarnock 
Stewart, McLean, Robertson, Jardine, Clarke, McDicken, Provan, McDowell (Doherty), Stein, Maxwell, McCulloch. Sub: Murdoch
Goal: McDicken (83)

Celtic:
Latchford, Sneddon, Dowie, Filippi, MacDonald, Aitken, Edvaldsson, McAdam, G McCluskey, Burns, Wilson.Subs: Craig Casey

Referee: A McGunnigle (Glasgow)
Attendance: 14,100

SCup.jpg.89c09907dfc7200d0e87923b0c25146a.jpg

Edited by Asasaid
Killie since conceived in '66

32 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I can’t remember who we were playing but it was a goalkeepers  last game I got a aplant tshirt any one know who that was I think he was going to be a ref

alan mcculloch? Northern Ireland league select wasn't it? Celebrating 100 years of their league or something.