What was your first game?

Waverley

First day of the 1993/94 season vs Dundee. Think Shaun McSkimming scored the only goal. Followed closely by a 0-0 with St Johnstone a  couple of weeks later, which bored me to tears and kicked off a lifelong bias against St Johnstone. 

My first game should actually have been the 0-0 with Hamilton that got us promoted. I remember having my scarf on and everything but I decided to go to the Galleon with my Auntie Pauline instead. We got the bus home and I remember lots of Killie fans getting on and being very happy, which made me regret not going to the game. I'm almost glad that I missed it now as I'm 31 and have never seen us play outside of the top league. 

Anyway I canny swim and haven't missed very many home matches is the intervening 24 years. Who knows if we'd have lost vs Hamilton I might be like Michael Phelps. 

1 hour ago, Pelesboots said:

I am quite sure Tom Brown played against us as a trialist for Clydebank in a midweek game we lost at Kilbowie the year we got promoted (1993). 

Was that the game that was called off about 2 o'clock after a deluge?

Can remember wading through torrents on the streets back to the bus.......took ages to get home as rangers were at playing at Ibrox. No M77 in those days.

Never seen us in anything other than the top flight . 24 years old atm . First game would have been the season after Scottish cup final win . Aged 5 . No idea what game it was been so many . I remember going to the cup final against Celtic where henrik larssson got a hat trick and Colin Healy scored . I was there when Craig Dargo had a Mazy run from half way against St Mirren in semi. Remember going to the old love street against St Mirren and eating my first mutton pie (thought it was a scotch pie) Also when we played away at Hearts in cup and scored in last minute with a Naismith goal past Craig Gordon 3/4000 killie fans up there . 

Yeah I remember going there aged 7 . The noise when Celtic scored . A great team they had with Larsson Sutton Moravcik etc . 

Killie team that day Marshall, MacPherson, McGowne, Cocard (McLaren 52), Holt, Durrant (Reilly 39), Mahood, Dindeleux (Canero 73), Dargo, Innes, Hay.
Not used McCoist 

Despite being 7 I only really remember briefly those players . I can remember Canero Innes Hay and Dargo . Then coming the Jeffries era with Boyd , Mcswegan both scoring 4 and 5 goals . Michael Ngonge and Samassi Abu . The right back Lindsay Wilson who came and played for a while . Never got to see Tommy Burns at Kilmarnock or the Bobby Fleeting era as i was a toddler . Apparently that was a good time to support us , I have seen loads of goals of Morton away with Tommy Burns etc . And my dad has a photo of him and my papa behind the goals when Bobby Williamson scored at Ibrox to win 2-0 when I was 2 months old . 

761D190B-EDB3-476B-90DD-A358C8EB692E.jpeg

19 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

And was there?

Guess there must have been. The lights went out around 40 min, so they took an early and longer h/t then came out and played the 2nd half with the lights back on. Think it was Jim Stewart's debut and someone else mentions Alan Robertson, who certainly played that night but not sure if it was his 1st game?

Home to Dumbarton, 2-2 draw I think in 1972. Eddie Morrison - my hero at the time scored.

My grandpa and Uncle from Helenburgh both Sons supporters took me to the game.

still remember then telling me ... theres only 1 team in Football that makes people talk the team is Dumbarton the sons of the rock ! 

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Yeah I remember going there aged 7 . The noise when Celtic scored . A great team they had with Larsson Sutton Moravcik etc . 

Killie team that day Marshall, MacPherson, McGowne, Cocard (McLaren 52), Holt, Durrant (Reilly 39), Mahood, Dindeleux (Canero 73), Dargo, Innes, Hay.
Not used McCoist 

Despite being 7 I only really remember briefly those players . I can remember Canero Innes Hay and Dargo . Then coming the Jeffries era with Boyd , Mcswegan both scoring 4 and 5 goals . Michael Ngonge and Samassi Abu . The right back Lindsay Wilson who came and played for a while . Never got to see Tommy Burns at Kilmarnock or the Bobby Fleeting era as i was a toddler . Apparently that was a good time to support us , I have seen loads of goals of Morton away with Tommy Burns etc . And my dad has a photo of him and my papa behind the goals when Bobby Williamson scored at Ibrox to win 2-0 when I was 2 months old . 

761D190B-EDB3-476B-90DD-A358C8EB692E.jpeg

That guy would never get his arms round Bobby now