Scottish Cup Draw RossCo (H)

Gaz of the 20/20

I'll talk it up, personally I love the Scottish Cup and rarely miss a tie.

We've had too few decent runs since winning it and I'd like us to come close again. This is a decent draw in that respect, not only is it at home we've avoided a strong non Premiership side who will have been playing through the shutdown and more match sharp than us.

Plus we'll be pining for a game after a few weeks break and it will be the chance to see the results of Steve Clarke's first transfer window.

Bring it on I say :hurrah:

2 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

I'd like to see a cup run as it's been a while but I'd swap a win for three points in the March fixture and it will be like that 'til our position is established in mid table.

Normally I would agree but there is no way we will go down this year now. 

I would rather have a cup final than a top six place. It would be more beneficial to the club and the fans. 

I agree cup final over top six place but I'm not convinced we're scoring enough or good enough at home (yet!) to be confident that we definitely won't go be relegated.

It might be because I'm two hundred miles from the SC effect and I'm delighted at his appointment and the recent improvement but I think there's a way to go yet!

Of course there's no rule (just recent history) that says we can't beat Ross County twice in a couple of months.

While a run in the cup would be nice, talk of top six is premature at the moment.

We simply do not have the points to justify thinking about top six and even if performances have been much, much better we still only got 6 points out of 15.

That's not top six form from any position in the league, never mind from where we are, and there is no sign that any team is going to be cut adrift at the bottom this season so it's all about avoiding relegation for me.

3 hours ago, KillieBus said:

While a run in the cup would be nice, talk of top six is premature at the moment.

We simply do not have the points to justify thinking about top six and even if performances have been much, much better we still only got 6 points out of 15.

That's not top six form from any position in the league, never mind from where we are, and there is no sign that any team is going to be cut adrift at the bottom this season so it's all about avoiding relegation for me.

Agreed. Think some folk are getting a tad carried away. Striker in January a necessity.