One of our own

Souleycouley93

Kiltie isn’t “diehard Killie” he is a kilmarnock supporter now for sure and he only talks about Killie now (for obvious reasons I suppose) whenever I see him now but he was in my year at school and used to be a Rangers fan, although that could have just been down to going with the “popular” choice.

Will Graham is 100% Killie as others have already said and also from what I’ve heard from boys who played with him in school teams etc they all say his attitude absolutely brilliant and has been since he started with Killie.

46 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

It's amazing what we know and what we don't know as fans.

From what I "know":

Rory favours Killie but isn't massively into football supporting;

Kiltie favours Killie but has strong SevCo leanings in immediate family;

Frizz favours SevCo but has strong Killie leanings in immediate family

Hawkshaw is hardcore SevCo

Going from what i know of him from school, Rory waa not one to shout about having "a team" (that could make him an a*r fan)just a determined guy who wanted to be as good as he can be at everything, im not his biggest fan but i know for sure, no matter his loyalties he would give wverything for Killie!

Its funny when people shout about players not trying because they support other teams!

I think anyone who has played football at any level can say they give everything for the other 10 men on the pitch,or at least mostly no matter what there loyalties are

I may be wrong but I detect a fading of loyalty in some of our young players towards Sevco. Whether it’s to do with them being released as kids by them, the fact it’s not the same club or something else guys like Frizz, Taylor and Mouanda have been very vocal Killie fans this season and last on social media in games against them. 

Weve seen it before this great club has an ability to get to you no matter what age you are. Someone like Fowler coming in at a young age from Stirling area but developing a passion and loyalty for the club. Skora, Eremenko, Pasca all came in and found a real connection. A place where they were idolised and some of their happiest times in football. 

Its not necessarily about always being one of our own although that is fantastic. It’s the guys who become one of our own as well. Those who see the light and develop that relationship with the club and fans

39 minutes ago, piffer said:

I may be wrong but I detect a fading of loyalty in some of our young players towards Sevco. Whether it’s to do with them being released as kids by them, the fact it’s not the same club or something else guys like Frizz, Taylor and Mouanda have been very vocal Killie fans this season and last on social media in games against them. 

Weve seen it before this great club has an ability to get to you no matter what age you are. Someone like Fowler coming in at a young age from Stirling area but developing a passion and loyalty for the club. Skora, Eremenko, Pasca all came in and found a real connection. A place where they were idolised and some of their happiest times in football. 

Its not necessarily about always being one of our own although that is fantastic. It’s the guys who become one of our own as well. Those who see the light and develop that relationship with the club and fans

I would expect them to be vocal Killie fans -they play for the club. 

As for family members changing allegiance that's perfectly understandable. If my son played against Killie for any club I'd want his team to win. Scott Brown and Jamie Carragher are perfect examples of this. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

I would expect them to be vocal Killie fans -they play for the club. 

As for family members changing allegiance that's perfectly understandable. If my son played against Killie for any club I'd want his team to win. Scott Brown and Jamie Carragher are perfect examples of this. 

Dean Windass contradicts that. He wanted Josh to play well but was desperate for Aberdeen to beat Sevco

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Bell McKay Samson 

Ohara Ashcroft Wilson Taylor Syme 

frizzell slater Davidson Fisher Hawkshaw 

Kiltie McKenzie Graham Cameron Johnston 

Boyd Naismith Muirhead

All been produced in recent years we must have one of best youth academies about . Some of these players have gone up some have dropped leagues 

Bell, Samson, Boyd and Naismith are hardly "recent years".

In fact, between the 2003-04 Youth Cup winning team which produced Bell, Hamill and Naismith and the recent crop of youngsters, virtually no young players came through season after season. 

Jamie Adams, Iain Flannigan, Ryan O'Leary and Liam Kelly were about the lot, and the last two were developed at other clubs.

The Jefferies years were especially bad.

It's looking much better now but I wouldn't say our record was one of the best. 

9 minutes ago, skygod said:

Bell, Samson, Boyd and Naismith are hardly "recent years".

In fact, between the 2003-04 Youth Cup winning team which produced Bell, Hamill and Naismith and the recent crop of youngsters, virtually no young players came through season after season. 

Jamie Adams, Iain Flannigan, Ryan O'Leary and Liam Kelly were about the lot, and the last two were developed at other clubs.

The Jefferies years were especially bad.

It's looking much better now but I wouldn't say our record was one of the best. 

Jeffries nurtured some young talent already in our system and brought in from other clubs into vey good players. He played a key role in the careers of arguably two of our greatest youth products in Boyd and Naismith. 

I do wonder if he was unlucky with what was there in the youth development or if he didn’t have the ability to bring anymore through.

These things go in cycles. We had a good return under Williamson and we are seeing a return again now. Plenty of others go through cycles as well and there are loads who would kill to be as productive as us