One of our own

Souleycouley93

3 hours ago, historyman said:

I would expect them to be vocal Killie fans -they play for the club. 

As for family members changing allegiance that's perfectly understandable. If my son played against Killie for any club I'd want his team to win. Scott Brown and Jamie Carragher are perfect examples of this. 

Think I’d take the Windass approach

2 hours ago, piffer said:

I do wonder if he was unlucky with what was there in the youth development or if he didn’t have the ability to bring anymore through.

I think that can be the only explanation. Youth development probably suffered from funding cuts too at the time.

I used the phrase "the Jefferies years" to define the time, not as a criticism of him.

He was excellent at bringing through youth at Hearts.

12 hours ago, casual observer said:

If my son was playing for a team against Killie, I’d want him to be man of the match but Killie to win.

I think most folk would this likewise - I certainly would 

If I remember correctly Colin Nish's father wanted Killie to beat Hibs in the 2007 League Cup final even though he was a Hibee himself.   His brother wanted Hibs to win.

13 hours ago, casual observer said:

If my son was playing for a team against Killie, I’d want him to be man of the match but Killie to win.

I wouldn't... but that's my personal view. If my son ever gets a chance to progress at his club to first team level I would want his team to win every single week.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MJout said:

Was naismith a killie fan when younger or is that wishful thinking. Im guessing rangers.

He was pretty much always a Rangers fan. He did speak about us in the paper and say he attended the '97 cup final and has supported us in the past etc. I think he probably looks at us fondly but not a Kilmarnock supporter as such.

Edited by Fletch

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Kirk has grown on me a lot him getting it up the huns last twice we played them . Also his improvement on Park . They hate him now it’s hilarious.

I know. Apparently they hate him for his antics against them which they find baffling. Few guys in my work call him the snake.

f**king love the guy even more now!!