Away fans make a difference..

Crocket

10 hours ago, Crocket said:

Took my 5year old with me to Dens yesterday, must of been his 5th or 6th game but 1st away game. Usually he drifts in and out of watching the game and doesnt really mention much of the game afterwards.

Yesterday was different, if he wasn't watching the pitch he was watching our fans signing and chanting. The atmosphere created in the away end must of grabbed his attention. 

I had the same experience a couple of years ago. My wee guy had his own football awakening at the 4-0 win at Hamilton.

Maintaining the interest is the challenge - kids seem to thrive on the variety of the whole experience but home matches in their nature are less dynamic and exciting (although  the hope of a few home wins and a better home atmosphere with the SC effect is promising).

Edited by BigRonFaeTheQueenVic

My 6 year old has only missed one game this season. Gone from not being interested to looking forward to every game. He loved the Murrayfield, ibrox and Parkhead away games. Just seems to be responding to not losing every week and also loving the buzz about the fans at the moment even during a drab 0-0.

6 hours ago, Crocket said:

Took my 5year old with me to Dens yesterday, must of been his 5th or 6th game but 1st away game. Usually he drifts in and out of watching the game and doesnt really mention much of the game afterwards.

Yesterday was different, if he wasn't watching the pitch he was watching our fans signing and chanting. The atmosphere created in the away end must of grabbed his attention. 

This morning so far he has watched Killie v Dundee videos on YouTube, played Killie v Dundee on FIFA and has organised a kick about with me for later on. He has also picked up on some players names for the first time, Jones, Boyd, McKenzie being the main ones. 

It has been a totally different next day experience as a parent watching the impact a game has had on my son, a poor game at that aswell. Well worth the £2 for his ticket but again shows why we shouldn't have to pay for this age group to come along as they are the future fans.

Also hasn't stopped singing, "C'mon Killie boys, let's make some "effing" noise!" Since he woke up. 

What a difference and well done to the 650+(looked way more) fans there that made all the difference

Great story it’s heartening to read stuff like this. 

19 hours ago, historyman said:

The atmosphere is much better at away games. There isn't much of an atmosphere at all at RP, perhaps only the Hibs game so far this season. 

That Hibs game was the only match at RP with Steve in charge so far. We want to see that fan commitment from now on BUT we want a different set of results.