Social Media

baz

One reason I would share a great goal, is because non-Killie fans (as I live in England) might appreciate seeing them. However, there is no way that some of my friends in England would want to sign up to financially support a club that is not theirs.

Therein lies the rub I think. It's not so much the lack of retweet/sharing it's not really having the social circle that would appreciate it and do something about it.

I think the lower donation options that @bigkillieman suggested would be beneficial but I remember Baz (I think) saying it was a bit of a pain to update the website for it. Why don't we just have a field where you can enter how much you are willing to pay? Even £2 a month is £24 better than nothing.

23 minutes ago, killieblues said:

One reason I would share a great goal, is because non-Killie fans (as I live in England) might appreciate seeing them. However, there is no way that some of my friends in England would want to sign up to financially support a club that is not theirs.

Therein lies the rub I think. It's not so much the lack of retweet/sharing it's not really having the social circle that would appreciate it and do something about it.

I think the lower donation options that @bigkillieman suggested would be beneficial but I remember Baz (I think) saying it was a bit of a pain to update the website for it. Why don't we just have a field where you can enter how much you are willing to pay? Even £2 a month is £24 better than nothing.

If you're talking about Twitter, I dont think for one second about my non-killie followers that I have when retweeting killie related stuff, just like I dont consider my killie-related followers' feelings when I post about music or films or whatever. On Facebook, I doubt many people are considering what their friends might like or not, going by some of the utter s**te that some folk post and share. 

If I happen to follow you and TiK, I've a bigger chance of seeing the TiK post. 

1 hour ago, killieblues said:

We tried this already by introducing the PayPal option whereby you can donate what you like on a monthly basis as long as you are aware that it doesn't qualify you for the rewards process. We publicised it and promoted it a couple of months ago and we currently have TWO people who have chosen to go down this route.

Using PayPal is a way around taking the pain out of administration...because you have no idea the amount of administration involved (we report to the FCA, everything has to be 100% spot on) in even the three rewards package amounts we do have...and extensive thought was put into those amounts based on input from many similar organisations to our Trust. The problem with introducing more set amount packages is that it makes the process unmanageable...hence we went down the PayPal route for that as it is easier to administer.

Due to said reasons we were reluctant to introduce the PayPal thing at all...but you asked for it so we delivered it...and only last week we promoted it again on social media, reminding people that they could pay any recurring amount or one off donations via PayPal. You are right in what you say that something is better than nothing...but we run into the age old problem of promoting a lesser offer that fans might decide to take up as an alternative to the packages we actually want to sell.

The club face the same issue with season tickets, they want people to buy for the season but if they offer ten match deals etc. fans may decide just to do that and miss a few games. It's rock and hard place stuff, I feel their pain, I also see the sense in getting people in for ten games being better than not at all, and they may take out a full season ticket next year. That's hardly likely to happen with TIK though so we are at a slight disadvantage there.

While we've not given it the hard sell the option to pay less monthly is right below the reward package options here...

screeny1.png.88837dc77adbfaaf0d8995e1f99b4cde.png

Which opens this page which is pretty self explanatory...

screeny2.png.478348bf8dbd2100009c2d00b73b0c5b.png

Was going to suggest LinkedIn but then found TIK on it. Again not much traction so far as it doesn't seem to allow me to become a connection, only a follower. But given the way LinkedIn operates could we not get every fan who is on it to become a follower, which then let's us push out updates we receive to our own connections? Or even better is there a way of connecting so that every time Baz sneezes all our contacts are bombarded with emails?

My Tuppenceworth.

If the club are as onboard as they say they are, then there has to be more from them. To delay putting something into the programme is frankly mind boggling, especially with some of the content in it. E.g. Meadowbank.

TiK should also be on th club website. NOW!!!

There should posters up at every turnstyle for TiK.

The local papers should also be all over this. It is maybe that TiK have reached all they are going to reach in social media and other avenues where fans have not been reached need to be explored.

The club have circa 3000 ST holders. Can they not help by doing a mailshot to all of these fans? Can the club do an offer for ST holders with a draw for hospitality for sign ups each month with a minimum sign ups required. For existing sign ups maybe somebody could sponsor a draw for hospitality pending a minimum number of new sign ups. Surely the club must realise that they are the ultimate beneficiaries in all of this?

Just my thoughts.

Edited by CBFC
Spelling error

Feels like this keeps veering off topic. The initial post, again, is about reasons why killie fans arent dishing out easy likes to killie posts on social media. 

I understand that maybe your digital social circle have no affinity to killie but that doesnt mean you cant support it with a like or a comment. If the algorithms still work skmilar to they did before, doing things like this raises each posts profile and allows more people to see them, and that means other killie fans who like the page not just your social circle. 

2 hours ago, bigkillieman said:

It might be the majority of fans willing or able to pay £15 and higher per month is nearing its limit.

I would think a far bigger number of fans could afford £5 or £10 a month so maybe specifically target this demograph now?

Surely not? Are you telling me that over 1,000 fans from a midden like Paisley can subscribe to their scheme and Killie are near our limit with just over 200? Sorry but I don't believe that for a minute. The biggest problem is lack of investment by the club. They are getting a lot right recently but they are shooting themselves in the foot with their hands off approach to this. Fundamentally its a total no-brainer, money for nothing any way you look at it. Fans investing hard cash in the club for no other return than a say on club matters. If I were on the board this would be top of the agenda in the 'why didn't we do this years ago' column. I can't fathom why they are not more vigorous in their support, unless they have a deep seated fear that it might impact on their own aspirations for club ownership. It won't. Not in their lifetime at least!!

I've got a Twitter account but god knows when I last looked at it. The Facebook groups i look at are by fans rather than organisations as well.

Some new signs around the ground would be a start ... Last ones I noticed were the ones I put up 14years ago when the Trust started out.  Maybe a stall in the town centre or around RP on a match day every few months to advertise TIK with injured/fringe players in attendance .... Look at putting together a Christmas/birthday package to be bought as a gift for supporters -- Individually not a big earner but if done properly could  do OK.

I think many people still won't know what TIK is. If we could knock together a 2min tops info video to share about, or a simple infographic, that'd be good. I'd be happy to help with either of those.

As well, if we could get a core of people, different locations and social groups, who share selected, scheduled posts that might increase reach, even if engagement remains a bit low. Bang together a WhatsApp group for them, give them a cool name like "Social Ambassadors." Hats.

I am on twitter and try to RT as much as possible, but I'm not on it all the time, so miss most of them. I seem to recall there are some twitter accounts that automatically RT based on a keyword. Does anyone know if that is standard twitter functionality or are these users using some other software? If there is an easy way to auto RT then that may be one approach (for twitter anyway) ?

11 hours ago, Culley159 said:

Surely not? Are you telling me that over 1,000 fans from a midden like Paisley can subscribe to their scheme and Killie are near our limit with just over 200? Sorry but I don't believe that for a minute. The biggest problem is lack of investment by the club. They are getting a lot right recently but they are shooting themselves in the foot with their hands off approach to this. Fundamentally its a total no-brainer, money for nothing any way you look at it. Fans investing hard cash in the club for no other return than a say on club matters. If I were on the board this would be top of the agenda in the 'why didn't we do this years ago' column. I can't fathom why they are not more vigorous in their support, unless they have a deep seated fear that it might impact on their own aspirations for club ownership. It won't. Not in their lifetime at least!!

Spot on.

42 minutes ago, CardinalSpin said:

I am on twitter and try to RT as much as possible, but I'm not on it all the time, so miss most of them. I seem to recall there are some twitter accounts that automatically RT based on a keyword. Does anyone know if that is standard twitter functionality or are these users using some other software? If there is an easy way to auto RT then that may be one approach (for twitter anyway) ?

Not sure about that, but you could turn on mobile notifications. that way any time a tweet appears it would go in your notifications just like someone has @'d you or replied to something you yourself has tweeted.

Same sort of thing can be done on facebook, go to killiefc or TIK facebook page then on where it says following you can click to receive notifications, and from there it will appear in your top bar like if someone has replied to a comment, liked your photograph or one of your friends is trying to sell some unbelievable s**te on Ayrshire buy and sell.

14 hours ago, Culley159 said:

I keep hearing about the St Mirren Trust. It is completely different from the TIK initiative. Somebody may correct me if I am wrong but I think at the last count the St Mirren Trust now own 29% of the clubs shares with an option eventually to purchase a controlling stake. TIK is raising £100K for a minority share in the club & a seat on the board. The St Mirren initiative is with the full co-operation of their Board. The big take up at the Buddies was during a threat to go out of business, same as Hearts.

15 hours ago, CBFC said:

My Tuppenceworth.

If the club are as onboard as they say they are, then there has to be more from them. To delay putting something into the programme is frankly mind boggling, especially with some of the content in it. E.g. Meadowbank.

TiK should also be on th club website. NOW!!!

There should posters up at every turnstyle for TiK.

The local papers should also be all over this. It is maybe that TiK have reached all they are going to reach in social media and other avenues where fans have not been reached need to be explored.

The club have circa 3000 ST holders. Can they not help by doing a mailshot to all of these fans? Can the club do an offer for ST holders with a draw for hospitality for sign ups each month with a minimum sign ups required. For existing sign ups maybe somebody could sponsor a draw for hospitality pending a minimum number of new sign ups. Surely the club must realise that they are the ultimate beneficiaries in all of this?

Just my thoughts.

Yup

5 hours ago, Lroy said:

I think many people still won't know what TIK is. If we could knock together a 2min tops info video to share about, or a simple infographic, that'd be good. I'd be happy to help with either of those.

As well, if we could get a core of people, different locations and social groups, who share selected, scheduled posts that might increase reach, even if engagement remains a bit low. Bang together a WhatsApp group for them, give them a cool name like "Social Ambassadors." Hats.

Like the video idea

30 minutes ago, harley said:

I keep hearing about the St Mirren Trust. It is completely different from the TIK initiative. Somebody may correct me if I am wrong but I think at the last count the St Mirren Trust now own 29% of the clubs shares with an option eventually to purchase a controlling stake. TIK is raising £100K for a minority share in the club & a seat on the board. The St Mirren initiative is with the full co-operation of their Board. The big take up at the Buddies was during a threat to go out of business, same as Hearts.

Still....they’ve got 1000 - we huvnae. For a variety of excuses (if you’re being honest)

32 minutes ago, harley said:

TIK is raising £100,000 to get 100,000 shares and a seat on the board INITIALLY. The idea is this will be an ongoing revenue stream for the club. With each pound invested gaining another share for the Trust. The first 100k will put us at 3rd or 4th highest shareholder i think. 

Just because we're not in crisis like saints and hearts were doesn't mean we shouldn't be getting involved, this helps safeguard the club so a crisis never occurs. 

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, Ruud said:

I might be wrong here but is the point of this thread not simply to do with gauging responses from actual social media users on why there is a reluctance to like, comment, share, retweet the output about TIK?

a quick look on facebook shows that any killiefc post that is related to TIK gets about 20 likes max, limited comments and few shares, wheras a post of a video of Danny Crainie goal from 1993 has about 50. One v Real 150 plus.......

I'm not on FB or Twitter so, as others have said, perhaps finding an alternative means of communicating this to tap-in to this fan-base. Obviously this would need to be little to no cost, so volunteers on-hand to discuss with fans on the walk-up to RP? Anyone got a good contact with a distributer or the Kilmarnock Standard to get (very) low-cost adverts out there. David Wren is a big Killie fan, could his reach be used to get the message out there?

If reach is the issue, in that you only have 3k FB followers and 2.5k Twitter followers, is there a way of expanding that? I know the "I'm in" or whatever campaign was done, but like the David Wren example above, is there a way of getting someone (like a celebrity - Biffy?) to endorse and post it to their thousands+ followers?

In terms of TIK likes being far fewer than other posts, what is the proportion of TIK posts in comparison to other non-TIK posts? Are users/followers scrolling past thinking "ahh, another post asking me for money...that's the 5th time this week" etc? There possibly needs to be something more tangible to "win" in there, which leads me to the next part...

On Twitter/FB is there a way of proving how many retweets/likes someone gets? So if KillieFC posts something, all their followers forward it on and the person who gets the most likes/retweets wins something? Matchday ticket or something?

And lastly, quotes like this don't really help:

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:37 PM, baz said:

a lot of ours still think that money just appears from magic trees

Whether said light-heartedly or not, you won't encourage your fan base or target audience to part with their hard-earned cash by belittling their intelligence with flippant remarks like this. People like their egos massaged, not thumped - you catch more flies with honey etc....  

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

TIK is raising £100,000 to get 100,000 shares and a seat on the board INITIALLY. The idea is this will be an ongoing revenue stream for the club. With each pound invested gaining another share for the Trust. The first 100k will put us at 3rd or 4th highest shareholder i think. 

Just because we're not in crisis like saints and hearts were doesn't mean we shouldn't be getting involved, this helps safeguard the club so a crisis never occurs. 

I'm sorry but you are just not getting it. We are being asked to contribute whatever a month & in return the trust gets a seat on the board. personally I will get a vote at Trust meetings. I have no control over the money that I contribute to buy shares. I don't own them. You are asking a lot of the fans & quite a few on here appear to allude that the fans who don't contribute are lesser fans. The model as you can see by the contributions is not or does not appear to be working. Another play on words with your 3rd or 4th shareholder statement. That's not exactly too difficult when 2 individuals own the majority of the shares. Personally I am thick necked enough to state I will not be paying money into TIK. Mainly because I don't get shares in return. Good on the guys that are doing it but I can assure you there are plenty of fans who would invest in this type of initiative if they had their name on the shares that are bought & not just handing it over to TIK .   

PS...come back to me when Michael Johnson gets rid of his shares. Any chance he will just hand them over to TIK.

Edited by harley