Social Media

baz

Having had a Facebook business page for years, I understand a wee bit about how their algorithms work. If you are promoting a business or looking for money, they will try and direct you to paying to boost your posts while at the same time strangling the reach of the same posts. My way round this was to offer a freebie for liking AND sharing posts. I found I had to do this about once a month to keep my target audience high. If not, my post reach would dwindle away. I did also pay for a few post boosts and did see great returns from that. I have no idea about Twtter though, I seem to have bypassed that and went straight to Snapchat. I have liked the trusts FB page but very rarely does FB show me any posts from the Trust

37 minutes ago, jesper said:

Wall of text? Mine? It's 5 or 6 short paragraphs giving suggestions on how to improve social media engagement. Did you read the wrong post in your excitement to come back and say something insulting? 

Apologies I didn't see your original post.

I stand corrected about your social media input.

Still correct about the bun fight though we should all stop that.

38 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Your already aware of TiK & it's goals, would I be correct in saying the current marketing hasn't prompted or excited you to become a member?

If TiK implemented your suggestions would it then spur you on to come onboard? Or are you a say'er & not a do'er?

I don't follow where you're going with this? You accused me of not being interested and, when I refer you to my post which demonstrates otherwise, you're now talking about current marketing not "exciting me"? 

How do you know if I am or am not a member? Did the OP state that only TiK members could post feedback? 

There seems to be a bit of a mob mentality going on with some of the TiK posters on here. If you're a member and proclaim your membership status you are in the clique. If you are not (or are perceived not to be) a member, or even have the temerity to provide some constructive criticism, then your posts are pounced upon and your comments derided. Most don't even read the whole posts, just cherry-pick the parts the don't like and pounce on them to show their solidarity to the cause. 

Everyone has the same overall objective - seeing Killie survive, do well, prosper!  It's a shame that some want to turn it into a them (non-TiK) and us (TiK) situation. 

Edited by jesper

1 minute ago, jesper said:

I don't follow where you're going with this? You accused me of not being interested and, when I refer you to my post which demonstrates otherwise, you're now talking about current marketing not "exciting me"? 

How do you know if I am or am not a member? Did the OP state that only TiK members could post feedback? 

There seems to be a bit of a mob mentality going on here with some of the TiK posters on here. If you're a member and proclaim your membership status you are in the clique. If you are not (or are perceived not to be) a member, or even have the temerity to provide some constructive criticism, then your posts are pounced upon and your comments derided. Most don't even read the whole posts, just cherry-pick the parts the don't like and pounce on them to show their solidarity to the cause. 

Everyone has the same overall objective - seeing Killie survive, do well, prosper!  It's a shame that some want to turn it into a them (non-TiK) and us (TiK) situation. 

1. Clearly you've failed to read the first question in my post. 

2. The missing trust membership badge next to your username tells me your not.

3. You can't really complain of being derided when you use the term "clique" to describe TiK members, now can you? That really smacks of them & us more than anything I've posted.

4. If your so full of good ideas and are serious about seeing Killie survive, lead by example get involved, spread the word & show others how it's done.

2 hours ago, jesper said:

There seems to be a bit of a mob mentality going on with some of the TiK posters on here. If you're a member and proclaim your membership status you are in the clique. If you are not (or are perceived not to be) a member, or even have the temerity to provide some constructive criticism, then your posts are pounced upon and your comments derided. Most don't even read the whole posts, just cherry-pick the parts the don't like and pounce on them to show their solidarity to the cause. 

This smacks of trying to cause division more than anything else I've read on here. Talking about mob mentality and being persecuted, get over yourself will you! If that's not your intention then you are failing to get your point across and sound like someone losing an argument so you start talking about a division that doesn't exist. You won't even consider that maybe some of your comments were the ones that are out of line, how do you expect others to react to that? TIK subscribers pay for the courage of their convictions and try to persuade others to do the same, its not a cult or a clique, they are just trying to spread the word. You don't like it, or more to the point don't like some people then fine but blaming it on the initiative, sorry but that strikes me as pretty lame. I'm sure you are a fine fellow but you're making a mountain out of a molehill here and all that was asked was how to get more likes and shares on social media, your ideas were okay, maybe we should all just calm down a bit and stop being so paranoid, its getting irrational now.

• baz unpinned this topic

As some others have mentioned I don't seem to see all the TIK posts on twitter and/or Facebook. I just went to their respective pages and found posts I had never seen and I am regularly on social media during the day. I do try to like and retweat/share when I see them. 

my wife had a small internet based business and found that offering a small prize (£10 amazon gift card), to win you have to retweet/share, and a draw is made on those that do so. These seemed to increase our followers and get a lot more retweets/shares  

As other have mentioned that there is more likes on posts with videos of goals, well then why not use videos of great killie moments with a text encouraging signups. 

3 hours ago, thesnowman21 said:

As some others have mentioned I don't seem to see all the TIK posts on twitter and/or Facebook. I just went to their respective pages and found posts I had never seen and I am regularly on social media during the day. I do try to like and retweat/share when I see them. 

my wife had a small internet based business and found that offering a small prize (£10 amazon gift card), to win you have to retweet/share, and a draw is made on those that do so. These seemed to increase our followers and get a lot more retweets/shares  

As other have mentioned that there is more likes on posts with videos of goals, well then why not use videos of great killie moments with a text encouraging signups. 

That's the problem mate, posts from company pages are seen by more people if interaction is high. If you click to get notifications from company pages you like (for example killiefc.com and Trust in Killie) then you will see every one. if you give it a quick like then that helps, if you leave a comment that helps more. it expands the reach of each post and allows more people who have clicked like on a page to see more of the output. Facebook want you to pay to be seen, there are ways to work around that organically but it requires support from the pages community.

I think I'm going to leave this one here. As Ruud says, you might not think you are helping much but every 'like' and 'share' on both Twitter and Facebook helps things grow organically...so if those on those mediums would just do that with anything they see then we'd be grateful...no one is going to delete a Killie fan from their friends list for sharing Killie stuff surely!

I think the small prize for retweet/share is also an option that we'll take up. We have done it before a while back but maybe time to employ that again. Thanks for the input folks.