Social Media

baz

5 minutes ago, harley said:

I'm sorry but you are just not getting it. We are being asked to contribute whatever a month & in return the trust gets a seat on the board. personally I will get a vote at Trust meetings. I have no control over the money that I contribute to buy shares. I don't own them. You are asking a lot of the fans & quite a few on here appear to allude that the fans who don't contribute are lesser fans. The model as you can see by the contributions is not or does not appear to be working. Another play on words with your 3rd or 4th shareholder statement. That's not exactly too difficult when 2 individuals own the majority of the shares. Personally I am thick necked enough to state I will not be paying money into TIK. Mainly because I don't get shares in return. Good on the guys that are doing it but I can assure you there are plenty of fans who would invest in this type of initiative if they had their name on the shares that are bought & not just handing it over to TIK .   

PS...come back to me when Michael Johnson gets rid of his shares. Any chance he will just hand them over to TIK.

Similarly if you bought a season ticket or paid into a game you have no control over the money you contribute. Shares in a football club are an additional revenue stream unless you are a mega power like Man utd or Real madrid where shares might be worth something. 

If you owned the shares yourself, it's just another 50+ quid in the pot for the club but you have no say in anything apart from attending the AGM. Correct me if i'm wrong I don't believe you can sell them back to the club willy nilly. You would need a willing buyer. 

28 minutes ago, harley said:

Good on the guys that are doing it but I can assure you there are plenty of fans who would invest in this type of initiative if they had their name on the shares that are bought & not just handing it over to TIK .  

I don't really get that TBH. The shares are worthless, barely worth the paper they are written on. Why don't these people buy shares then and proxy them to the Trust?

And I say that as a TIK contributer and somebody who has shares of their own.

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

Similarly if you bought a season ticket or paid into a game you have no control over the money you contribute. Shares in a football club are an additional revenue stream unless you are a mega power like Man utd or Real madrid where shares might be worth something. 

If you owned the shares yourself, it's just another 50+ quid in the pot for the club but you have no say in anything apart from attending the AGM. Correct me if i'm wrong I don't believe you can sell them back to the club willy nilly. You would need a willing buyer. 

No, a season ticket or paying in is the entry fee to watch the game. Not a relevant point. I asked before isn't there some way to buy the shares & proxy them to the trust.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't really get that TBH. The shares are worthless, barely worth the paper they are written on. Why don't these people buy shares then and proxy them to the Trust?

And I say that as a TIK contributer and somebody who has shares of their own.

I did ask that months ago about using the proxy to the Trust.

Guys I am playing Devils advocate here although I will admit it is highly unlikely that I will make a direct debit to TIK every month. What are your thoughts, why do you think that the take up has been so poor. I also still think Hearts, St Mirren etc. were in a different situation as they were staring closure in the face or as in St Mirren's case they have a real pathway to fan ownership. 

3 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Agreed, however It's still 36000 - 60000 grand a year though which could pay a additional players wages or fund a small project. 

I really hope that my contribution does not end up paying a player's wages. That's not what the contribution is for. My contribution is actually coming from the savings for next year's Nottingham Forest season ticket which I am now foregoing to assist TIK.

5 hours ago, jesper said:

Whether said light-heartedly or not, you won't encourage your fan base or target audience to part with their hard-earned cash by belittling their intelligence with flippant remarks like this. People like their egos massaged, not thumped - you catch more flies with honey etc....  

For fans who don't seem to care that much about the big picture we sure as hell seem to like getting our knickers in a twist over trivialities like this! We've got fans here hitting their heads off brick walls trying to do something beneficial for the club and we're dissecting every word said to find something we think could possibly be mildly offensive. I wasn't offended, speak for yourself, no one was belittling my intelligence, I'm astute enough to realise when someone is just telling it like it is and thick skinned enough to take it when the truth hurts. Honestly if nit-picking was an Olympic sport we'd be world champions.

3 hours ago, harley said:

Guys I am playing Devils advocate here although I will admit it is highly unlikely that I will make a direct debit to TIK every month. What are your thoughts, why do you think that the take up has been so poor. I also still think Hearts, St Mirren etc. were in a different situation as they were staring closure in the face or as in St Mirren's case they have a real pathway to fan ownership. 

You're not really playing devil's advocate. You clearly don't understand the principle, you're not paying into it regardless of what's said (you know what belligerent means, right?), you're just muddying the waters and trying to get people to agree with you. I think the take up has been so poor because there are too many people out there, like you, who think that we're in no immediate danger of going out of business or getting relegated to let's just carry on regardless and let someone else stump up the cash for our club if or when we need it, they always have before; until they don't. You are exactly right in that Hearts and St Mirren were in a bad way and hence that's why the fans rallied, but can't you see the stupidity in waiting until we get in a similar position instead of being pro-active and becoming self sufficient before we get to that stage? We have an opportunity to consolidate and progress rather than scrape through and try to recover, we can learn from other club's mistakes and misfortune and use it to our advantage. Or we can sit on our arses and do nothing and pray that everything will be alright and there will always be another Bowie on the horizon to step in if the going gets tough. It's embarrassing that our board are going the extra mile to bring in a quality manager and quality players like Mulumbu and all some of our fans think is - what's in it for me?

7 hours ago, skygod said:

I think, if the same 200-odd are expected to continue to do the heavy lifting long-term, the project is more likely to stall.

Is that not the point of the discussion? The same 200-odd are not expected to do the heavy lifting, they are looking for ways to get more involved.

1 hour ago, rb_506 said:

You're not really playing devil's advocate. You clearly don't understand the principle, you're not paying into it regardless of what's said (you know what belligerent means, right?), you're just muddying the waters and trying to get people to agree with you. I think the take up has been so poor because there are too many people out there, like you, who think that we're in no immediate danger of going out of business or getting relegated to let's just carry on regardless and let someone else stump up the cash for our club if or when we need it, they always have before; until they don't. You are exactly right in that Hearts and St Mirren were in a bad way and hence that's why the fans rallied, but can't you see the stupidity in waiting until we get in a similar position instead of being pro-active and becoming self sufficient before we get to that stage? We have an opportunity to consolidate and progress rather than scrape through and try to recover, we can learn from other club's mistakes and misfortune and use it to our advantage. Or we can sit on our arses and do nothing and pray that everything will be alright and there will always be another Bowie on the horizon to step in if the going gets tough. It's embarrassing that our board are going the extra mile to bring in a quality manager and quality players like Mulumbu and all some of our fans think is - what's in it for me?

What's embarrassing is that you seem to think people should think the same way as you do, or they're wrong. 

TIK may well be a great incentive to be on the board and a have a say. But clearly not everybody wants that option, for one reason on another (which they are quite entitled to) and they can't be forced to be a part of it. And what's more, people like you ramming your entitled opinion down people's throats is not doing the chances of signing up any undecided stragglers any good. 

Ohh, and in response to your quoting of my post. Good that you missed all the constructive things I said prior to the part you quoted - instead you jumped all over the part you didn't like, because it didn't fit with your opinion. Strange that. 

My post, like it or not, was providing my thoughts on the question posed, and the point of the thread. Yes, it included constructive criticism on the language used but at no point did I question the difficulty of the job, or the level of commitment, the TIK team have been putting in. 

Edited by jesper

5 hours ago, harley said:

Why don’t you just join the killie trust at the moment it’s only a tenner a year. 

5 minutes ago, superflyguy said:

I'm pretty sure the original question was how to improve social media interaction. 

Not have a sh***y bun fight about who or why people aren't participating.

And if you read my original post, you will see 90% of it was doing exactly that. Just because the last 10% of it had some constructive criticism that some people maybe didn't like, it does make the first 90% invalid. 

Edited by jesper

13 minutes ago, jesper said:

And if you read my original post, you will see 90% of it was doing exactly that. Just because the last 10% of it had something critical that some people maybe didn't like, it does make the first 90% invalid. 

Playing devils advocate...... So why get embroiled in a topic your not interested in becoming party to? Surely if it's of no interest, you should just walk on by and leave discussions between those interested in increasing TiK membership? 

4 minutes ago, superflyguy said:

I've just gone back and read that wall of text it doesn't speak about social media. It is an opinion on the movement.

That's fair enough everyone has an opinion but it's got f**k all to do with the original question.

And we have happier things to discuss tonight in my opinion.

Wall of text? Mine? It's 5 or 6 short paragraphs giving suggestions on how to improve social media engagement. Did you read the wrong post in your excitement to come back and say something insulting? 

We do have happier things to discuss tonight, ironically my post was made long before news of the signing was made today and you seem to be giving me grief for it now. Kind of negates your point there I'm afraid. 

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Playing devils advocate...... So why get embroiled in a topic your not interested in becoming party to? Surely if it's of no interest, you should just walk on by and leave discussions between those interested in increasing TiK membership? 

Did you not read my original post either? There were questions and suggestions on how to reach further afield with social media posts, and ways to incentives doing so. How does that suggest that I'm "not interested" in the topic?? 

I haven’t signed up for TIK yet because with £300 a month childcare (that’s just 2 days a week) to pay for I have no spare cash.  I have been paying money to Fifty For the Future for years and years... so does anyone know - is that money still being used to support our youth system? 

2 hours ago, rb_506 said:

Agree with a lot of this post. Everyone who can needs to step up to the plate. Whether that be a pound a week/month or whatever. Every Pound is a share in the club to help sustain it for the generations behind us. It is my/our club at the moment, but I want my grandchildren to be able to support Killie and their grandchildren after them.

Edited by CBFC

6 minutes ago, Lulu97 said:

I haven’t signed up for TIK yet because with £300 a month childcare (that’s just 2 days a week) to pay for I have no spare cash.  I have been paying money to Fifty For the Future for years and years... so does anyone know - is that money still being used to support our youth system? 

There was a letter came out a long time ago when fifty for the future came to a halt that asked everyone to stop paying or if they wanted to continue to contribute that it would go to something called COG, which was about community ownership and I think the forerunner for the current incarnation. I was also emailed about it two or three times so I would guess that if you were paying by direct debit then they couldn't stop you putting the money into their account and it will now be going towards trust in Killie. They are not likely to discuss your financial details on an open forum but there is an email address on the website you could contact.

1 hour ago, jesper said:

What's embarrassing is that you seem to think people should think the same way as you do, or they're wrong. 

TIK may well be a great incentive to be on the board and a have a say. But clearly not everybody wants that option, for one reason on another (which they are quite entitled to) and they can't be forced to be a part of it. And what's more, people like you ramming your entitled opinion down people's throats is not doing the chances of signing up any undecided stragglers any good. 

Ohh, and in response to your quoting of my post. Good that you missed all the constructive things I said prior to the part you quoted - instead you jumped all over the part you didn't like, because it didn't fit with your opinion. Strange that. 

My post, like it or not, was providing my thoughts on the question posed, and the point of the thread. Yes, it included constructive criticism on the language used but at no point did I question the difficulty of the job, or the level of commitment, the TIK team have been putting in. 

This confuses me, the quote doesn't match the reply?

12 minutes ago, jesper said:

Did you not read my original post either? There were questions and suggestions on how to reach further afield with social media posts, and ways to incentives doing so. How does that suggest that I'm "not interested" in the topic?? 

Your already aware of TiK & it's goals, would I be correct in saying the current marketing hasn't prompted or excited you to become a member?

If TiK implemented your suggestions would it then spur you on to come onboard? Or are you a say'er & not a do'er?