PSG and Jamie Mac

Mark Robertson

9 hours ago, Dillinger said:

Gordon, while now on the decline, is obviously a better keeper than Macdonald. 

I really rate Macdonald too, but he's not as good as Gordon was at his best or even is now. 

Spot on.

Whilst Celtic were embarrassed tonight (again), Gordon is a far better goalie than Jamie Macdonald will ever be and like Dillinger, I rate Macdonald.

I think we should offer Brendan Rodgers a straight swap if it’s so clear. It’s good for Scottish football if Celtic progress in Europe and Jamie MacDonald isn’t cup tied for the Europa league thingy so it’s great for them. Obviously it would be a blow for us but with SC’s contacts I’m sure we’d struggle on. :10:

Craig Gordon and two central defenders are the reason that they are a shambles at the back. He makes clangers most games and is very fortunate that Celtic get too much respect in Scotland or they'd concede far more.

Is he better than Jamie? You'd have to say yes based on the level he has played at... however, like Joe Hart for England, I'm not sure how much longer we can persist with him at International level. 

18 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Craig Gordon and two central defenders are the reason that they are a shambles at the back. He makes clangers most games and is very fortunate that Celtic get too much respect in Scotland or they'd concede far more.

Is he better than Jamie? You'd have to say yes based on the level he has played at... however, like Joe Hart for England, I'm not sure how much longer we can persist with him at International level. 

I agree with most of that, excluding him being better than Jamie. I think he is one of the most over rated goal keepers Scotland has produced since probably Alan Rough (who I always thought was a far inferior keeper to Alan McCulloch)  I totally agree that he makes clangers most games, try googling Craig Gordon howlers, there is an extensive history of them over the years. I concede that he had a few good seasons early on in his career that got him a big money move down South. Like most keepers, he does make a few good saves but he is barely tested domestically and is always found wanting at a higher level, whether that is in Europe or as the Scotland keeper. I'm not trying to say Jamie is a world class keeper, just that Gordon is not

3 hours ago, Mark Robertson said:

I agree with most of that, excluding him being better than Jamie. I think he is one of the most over rated goal keepers Scotland has produced since probably Alan Rough (who I always thought was a far inferior keeper to Alan McCulloch)  I totally agree that he makes clangers most games, try googling Craig Gordon howlers, there is an extensive history of them over the years. I concede that he had a few good seasons early on in his career that got him a big money move down South. Like most keepers, he does make a few good saves but he is barely tested domestically and is always found wanting at a higher level, whether that is in Europe or as the Scotland keeper. I'm not trying to say Jamie is a world class keeper, just that Gordon is not

He singlehandedly sold two goals against England at Hampden. That could and should have been his last game for his country. 

Neymar's first goal last night was embarrassing for a keeper to lose. 

4 hours ago, skygod said:

The abuse he got online after his howler against Bayern was the worst I've ever seen from a player's own fans.

Made any criticism seen on here look tame.

I remember the stick they used to give Gordon Marshall and he turned out to be the best Killie keeper in my lifetime. I’d take Gordon over MacDonald in a heartbeat. 

29 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I remember the stick they used to give Gordon Marshall and he turned out to be the best Killie keeper in my lifetime. I’d take Gordon over MacDonald in a heartbeat. 

Hardly a resounding appraisal... I'm quite sure you'd take a traffic cone over Jamie...