Not just the team that didn't turn up

Mclean07

3300 home supporters. Approximately 800 less than a Tuesday night game against Hibs. Less than many of our games at home last season. And not much better than most.

Yes, the game was on TV and yes it was a Sunday, but given the hype surrounding Stevie Clarke and our fresh start it's desparately disappointing that we cannot add even a modest amount to the meagre support we have. We can't expect any major improvements if the fans won't return. We'll get the team we deserve. Attendances and TIK. P1sspoor show on both. 

6 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

3300 home supporters. Approximately 800 less than a Tuesday night game against Hibs. Less than many of our games at home last season. And not much better than most.

Yes, the game was on TV and yes it was a Sunday, but given the hype surrounding Stevie Clarke and our fresh start it's desparately disappointing that we cannot add even a modest amount to the meagre support we have. We can't expect any major improvements if the fans won't return. We'll get the team we deserve. Attendances and TIK. P1sspoor show on both. 

Don't know why the red card, it's the unpalatable truth.

8 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

desparately disappointing that we cannot add even a modest amount to the meagre support we have

Depends how you look at it. A more comparable fixture was in February which was also a televised Sunday afternoon KO against Aberdeen. with a total attendance of 3972. What was it today, 4100 odd? Clutching at straws I know :/

25 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

If the team canny make the effort then it's a bit much to expect the fans to turn up.

Horrible time for a game of football. I was rota-ed in for work 'till 1 today and managed to get everything finished for 12.15. Then a mad rush to get to Rugby Park. It would have been so easy to just chill and watch it on the telly but I prefer being there. I can understand why people didn't go today but its still a poor showing. As a side note, yesterday was my day off as I managed to make Saturdays work free for the football but it was crap. No Killie game, all the decent junior games off so ended up watching the Spurs v West Brom game, well it was a better option than going shopping with the wummin. I dream of the days when Saturday meant football with the occasional Wednesday thrown in

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

If the team canny make the effort then it's a bit much to expect the fans to turn up.

Seriously. After the last few weeks and the results (unbeaten in 5 away games) and you have the cheek to say the team has not shown up. Did you predict how todays game was going to pan out ?.so much for the good feeling about the club. That did not last, well with you anyway.

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Stop trolling pr@ck you know and I know there was more than 3300 killie fans at the game

Sorry but I think the level of support is better than the performances deserve and it's the fans that deserve better.

We have been so bad at home for so long that many have voted with their feet and others are quick to get 'agitated.'

A few wins at home and a better brand of football and I think we'd be at 5,000+

Board can either back their man in January or start budgeting for mid championship.

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I thought the east stand was busier than normal but there you go ------ as I've said before all those Mj out clowns who said they'd be back --- where are they ????

28 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

To be honest, i was surprised at attendance today, thought would be higher with the "Clarke bounce", fans need to start turning up

Traveled all the way from Forfar and back again. Disappointed with,

result,

performance ,

attendance

and that Malumbu was not on the bench to even get on for the last ten minutes.

Looking forward to a short trip to Perth on Saturday. Hope we will have the same support as we did for the Dundee game.

Away support appears to be up, maybe that tells you something. It is dispiriting watching us lose again and again and again at home. Today's game was a double whammy, another defeat and the fans who might be tempted back didn't see anything that would make want to return. Steve Clarke can only operate with the players he inherited but losing home games has become a habit regardless of the manager, it is utterly dispiriting to both fans and players. 

Didn't help that I queued for around twenty minutes at half-time only to be told that the pies were finished when I was near the front of the queue. It's a lunchtime kick-off people, order more pies FFS.

With the amount of empty seats at our disposal, our tickets (both Home and Away ends) should be priced as loss leaders. Try and get folk back into the habit of going. Go all out to sell them merchandise, food and drink while we’ve got them at the stadium. 

Ultimately, the market always sets the price people will pay. There’s no intrinsic value in a match ticket. Supply is high, demand low and the product doesn’t offer value for money; either as a spectacle or for the quality on show. We need to address this if you want to grow the fan base again. 

That was because the Hibs match was rescheduled to midweek because they were in the League Cup semi-final and the Hearts match was brought forward to August.

The complaint was that Saturdays no longer means football with occasional midweek matches.

Killie have played 13 of their 20 matches this season on Saturdays. Of the rest, the matches against Ayr and Aberdeen were switched for TV to Friday and Sunday respectively. The Hearts (A) match was on Sunday because Hibs were at home on the Saturday.

Clyde (H) and Rangers (A) were always scheduled to be midweek as was the League Cup tie against Celtic.

As stated above, the Hibs match was rescheduled from Saturday to midweek.

So 17 of 20 matches have been on Saturdays or "occasional" midweek days.

Edited by skygod