The Pitch

Comeonkillie

I will keep it simple....I hate that plastic pitch.  The quicker we get "back to grassroots" the better.  I have no idea how much of a money maker it is with diversifying for multi use, but the football is not football as it should be.  Our record is also appalling on it this season.  Hopefully SC will moot the idea with the board.

The plastic pitch is obviously the problem. Our home record is the joint worst in the country. It can’t just be coincidence that 3 managers n 3 groups of players have had trouble playing on it. 

I understand its “the same for both teams” but whether it be a the mentality of the players or the quality of the pitch, it’s not working for us.

It also looks unprofessional and poorly maintained. If the Scottish football “product” is to be sold at top dollar then surely the component parts must aspire to be the best they can be. 

18 minutes ago, SCOOT KFC said:

Only thing I think is wrong with the pitch is that it’s not wide enough. Taking the pitch in was a horrible decision and invites pressure and  the long ball. 

We get stretched on it as it is though. I do agree it does restrict our wingers and fullbacks on the attack but at times we are pulled all over it by opponents and there are gaping holes through our team 

4 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

It's lazy to blame the pitch.

Aberdeen won today because they were faster and stronger than us, not because of the pitch

Correct - The pitch is nothing to do with our home form IMO.   Other teams seem to cope with it fine. 

We're simply not good enough at this time and are better suited to playing away from home when we are not expected to take the game to the opposition.

Hopefully in time this is something Steve Clarke will address.  

Will agree with others, the pitch is not the problem its the players on it that are.

Plenty teams come & knock the ball around for fun, remember the media said it would be an unfair advantage for us to play on it?

The reason we are getting better away results is the style of play, we can sit in & hit on the break, at home its on us to come out and attack and at the moment we dont have the team for that. To blame the pitch is too easy and lets the players off the hook

Why is on us to come out and attack at home and why didn’t anyone tell Aberdeen it was our job to attack for the first twenty minutes rather than theirs? TBH I’d accept one point rather than none from each of our home games. If a more pragmatic approach at home led to better results, I’d suggest most fans would accept that too. .

The Pitch is not the reason why we lost at weekend and is not the only reason for our very poor home form stretching back over far too many seasons now -- far more failings for that poor record

But the experiment has not worked to any great extent especially given comments from players and coaches ----- recently it has looked worse for wear and would need some work done to it soon  -----so hopefully instead a new grass pitch should be installed as soon as is financially possible though it seems this is all ties in with Project Brave expenditure plans so who knows when this introduced -----

Edited by Scouser2

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Is it just me or is the ball starting to bounce higher than before? Seemed to be a lot of times, e.g. from throw ins where the bounce surprised players by bouncing up head high. If so, would think pitch is in bad need of some attention as that starts to look like old style Astro pitches....

No that was just Findlay that was taking the throw in's... every one was head height instead of into feet. This means it took longer to control and once it was there was an Aberdeen player a few yards away closing down.

A Gary Tallon performance from him, yet seems immue to criticism while others are targeted.

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Is it just me or is the ball starting to bounce higher than before? Seemed to be a lot of times, e.g. from throw ins where the bounce surprised players by bouncing up head high. If so, would think pitch is in bad need of some attention as that starts to look like old style Astro pitches....

IMO the bounce of the surface at RP is "queer" also the players seem to loose their footing rather a  lot.

All this should be irrelevant as it is the same for both teams, in fact you would think it would favour us as we are "used to it". What I propose is that having to cope with the funny bounce and slipping about all over the place all the time for every home game has a -ve effect on the players state of mind. The just find it hard to turn in a performance in such predictably unpredictable conditions.

Just my suggestion.

Whilst I think the pitch is a complete embarrassment and needs ripped up, it is the same for both sides and our utterly depressing home form has to be some form of mental issue with the players.  The way we start games at home is unbelievably bad and there has to be some sort of mental block.  

I would be sending them off to a sports psychologist to help with their mental state and the way they approach home games.