Jamie McDonald

Neilly

If that is indeed the case with cammy then I do hope he recovers to be fit to at least be as good as he was in his previous spell with us and therefore give the management team a decision to make I do after all remember his outstanding performance for us in the league cup final!

1 hour ago, Bbk said:

If Jamie MacDonald (the undisputed easy target on this forum btw )

I’d disagree with this. The difference in opinion on threads relating to Jamie shows he has plenty who back him. Even those who would prefer Bell or backed Woodman last season do have a lot of positive views of Jamie. 

The likes of Broadfoot, McKenzie, Findlay, Boyd, Frizzell, Erwin. Or all very easy to target and don’t split opinion anywhere near as much as MacDonald. 

Jamie is unlucky in that we saw him replaced by real quality last season and it made a difference. This season we are struggling again and we have a goalkeeper on the bench who is in many peoples opinion a club legend. On his day he is also for me a better keeper than MacDonald but that’s a matter of opinion. It’s only natural when we are shipping so many goals whether the keepers fault or not that questions are asked about all aspects of the defensive side of our game.

7 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Bell has barely played this year and I don't think there's much in it. If opponents are targeting a weakness he has to work on it.

I remember Paul Wright always shooting hard and low at the big lad Hearts had in goal (forget his name) because he was slow getting down.

Outfield players much bigger issue!

Gilles Rousset I think.