Mark Connolly

Bullitt

at the time thought it was both a bad idea in terms of his ability but also as a  quality leader in the squad and dressing room----he had been player of the season then picked up a bad injury which took time for him to recover --

and when you look at the shed load of signings LC then made none were anywhere as good as him and many hardly featured before leaving  

He was in with his daughter and a whole clan of folk. To me it looked like he was just visiting family. If he was released and we were looking at him then he would have been training with the squad this morning which he clearly wasn't.

Edited by Bullitt

1 hour ago, Theonlyone said:

Just heard 5 minutes ago (inside info, can't name names) that he is a free agent and Killie are going to have a look at him in training.

He played for Crawley Town on Saturday and there's nothing on their website about him being released. On the contrary, he signed a three-year contract in August.

I always thought he was a bit of a cult hero because of his often unorthodox last-ditch defending (like trying to head a ball on the ground) rather than good defending, but I defer to those who saw more of him than me.

Even if he is available, I'd be very surprised if he is Steve Clarke's type of defender.

52 minutes ago, skygod said:

He played for Crawley Town on Saturday and there's nothing on their website about him being released. On the contrary, he signed a three-year contract in August.

I always thought he was a bit of a cult hero because of his often unorthodox last-ditch defending (like trying to head a ball on the ground) rather than good defending, but I defer to those who saw more of him than me.

Even if he is available, I'd be very surprised if he is Steve Clarke's type of defender.

The anon, inside info turned out to be horse manure? That's a first

2 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

The anon, inside info turned out to be horse manure? That's a first

To be fair the minute someone on these forums says I have inside info but I'm not telling you who said I automatically shout "s**te" at my screen... my work colleagues love me!!

Had a brilliant first season but got injured and came back too quick because we were struggling and just made things worse for himself. Would liked him to have stayed but his second season was really a wasted wage for us and we couldn't afford him having another bad season fitness wise.