Can we?. . . Will we?. . .

MarkD1989KTID

2 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Think let's not get ahead of ourselves. Great win yesterday. Sounds like we were the better team. Next week will be dog eat dog as Thistle will be desperate to win. Happy that Dicker is back. I would love to see a three man midfield of Power, Dicker and Mulumbu with Brophy up front. Jones to come back in. 

Looks as though anybody in the bottom six can beat anyone else in the bottom six and spring the odd result against Rangers. Playing teams in and around us mostly now so we need to get wins. Not losing to bottom six teams last year kept us ok. 

Interesting it's only 3 points from 6th till 12th. Even the mighty media darlings St Johnstone are not far away and could get dragged into it. 

A lot of football to be played but it looks like Steve Clarke has very high standards and unlike McCulloch and Locke he is making it clear he is the boss. I would imagine he keeps the line between manager and players that our previous managers struggled with. 

My inside source also told me there is a line you don't cross with him. Pasca ran the show in his time and Boyd was running it recently. Not any more, he isn't.

The 'cinema' comment season (I think ) was later-either 2000-01, or 01-02. With regard to this week Thistle are also unbeaten in their last 5 visits to RP (including that horrendous 5-2 game). In fact we have only beaten them 1 out of 6 at home. By contrast we are unbeaten in 8 visits to Firhill!

Following a great result yesterday the next 2 games are massive. If we can finally get the elusive home win, and follow it up by beating County away (which is possible), it could really turn the season around. At the moment we are sitting on the cusp of either being involved in a relegation fight or pushing for the top half. Remember the Mixu season when we were transformed by winning 3 in row (Hearts a 3-0, St. Johnstone a 3-0 and Accies h 3-0) The momentum from those results turned things around. 

Feel we have to win at home sometime-with Dicker back in the fold, Jones back from suspension, and the confidence we must have taken from yesterday-here's hoping Partick is finally the one.

18 hours ago, Bbk said:

Maybe if our previous management team were still in charge 

To be fair I said this 54 seconds before the Aberdeen game. It seems group of players after group of players have serious mentality issues regarding Rugby Park. Billy Bowie should invest heavily in football psychologists, sport shrinks, and hypnosis instead of buying more players in January

1 hour ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

To be fair I said this 54 seconds before the Aberdeen game. It seems group of players after group of players have serious mentality issues regarding Rugby Park. Billy Bowie should invest heavily in football psychologists, sport shrinks, and hypnosis instead of buying more players in January

I think you should read that back to yourself and think about deleting it TBH

6 hours ago, CB said:

Correct. 2 points! We were nip & tuck up to the winter break. Everyone else strengthened the squads. We persisted in trying to play fat sally alongside bunion.

Also the season of our 2nd best shutout record (all games) 20 shut outs

Geddes still holds the record of 22 shut outs.

He had more games to do it in mind you. 53 games to Marshall's 43

We were doing just fine until Jerome got injured at Ibrox. 

15 minutes ago, CB said:

Aye. Losing that opened a gap that we never really closed back down. Sitting, twiddling our thumbs during January didn't help either.

Was there even a January transfer window back then? I don’t remember it coming into effect until the noughties. 

3 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Was there even a January transfer window back then? I don’t remember it coming into effect until the noughties. 

You're right. Windows didn't start 'til 2002 ish. 

I should've been clearer. I was talking about the January winter break. All momentum seemed to vanish. Struggling to draw with the likes of dundee

Remember beating Celtic 2-0 at RP around this time of year in 98-99, being well ahead of them at the time in 2nd, and walking out thinking we can actually win the League this year. That was followed by a 4-0 (at HT) demolition of Aberdeen at RP which is still the best Killie performance I have ever seen-could have been 10 that day. Going into the break we also beat Hearts at home (1-0) followed by Dundee Utd (2-0) the game at which there was a really good crowd.

Cue the break...Rangers invest, we come back to our first game-Scottish Cup tie at the piggery and crash out 3-0. Never recovered and were finished off effectively by Rangers winning 5-0 at RP in Feb. One of the great 'what ifs'- had Jermone not been injured while in the form of his life, and there had been no break to keep our momentum going....

Edited by Jedi2

12 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Remember beating Celtic 2-0 at RP around this time of year in 98-99, being well ahead of them at the time in 2nd, and walking out thinking we can actually win the League this year. That was followed by a 4-0 (at HT) demolition of Aberdeen at RP which is still the best Killie performance I have ever seen-could have been 10 that day. Going into the break we also beat Hearts at home (1-0) followed by Dundee Utd (2-0) the game at which there was a really good crowd.

Cue the break...Rangers invest, we come back to our first game-Scottish Cup tie at the piggery and crash out 3-0. Never recovered and were finished off effectively by Rangers winning 5-0 at RP in Feb. One of the great 'what ifs'- had Jermone not been injured while in the form of his life, and there had been no break to keep our momentum going....

Still think Jerome injured himself by dramatising the dive.

3 hours ago, Caldow said:

I think you should read that back to yourself and think about deleting it TBH

Why? Sports psychologists are used heavily in the modern game. I firmly believe our issue regarding home form at Rugby Park is down to mentality rather than anything physical or ability related (teams who seem to regularly trounce us at Rugby Park are of similar ability to us so it's hard to explain it any other way).  

5 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

The 'cinema' comment season (I think ) was later-either 2000-01, or 01-02.

Going by movie release dates I'd say spring 2001. The reason I know is from a classic phone call to Off The Ball...

Caller: Hello, we're a car load of Kilmarnock fans on the way back from Edinburgh.

Cosgrove: Oh aye, you were through at Easter Road today, how did that go?

Caller: We were hoping you'd tell us, we've been to see Bridget Jones' Diary.

5 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

Why? Sports psychologists are used heavily in the modern game. I firmly believe our issue regarding home form at Rugby Park is down to mentality rather than anything physical or ability related (teams who seem to regularly trounce us at Rugby Park are of similar ability to us so it's hard to explain it any other way).  

Agreed. Been saying this for a couple of seasons now. 

1 hour ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

I was referring to the “instead of buying more players” part specifically.

On 12/3/2017 at 10:29 PM, MarkD1989KTID said:

I feel we need to strengthen with at least 3 quality players in January as well as offloading some of the dead wood

Offloading some of the dead wood is easy to say, but far more difficult to do in practice.   If these guys are that bad it is going to be difficult to get rid of them without having to give them some sort of financial incentive to leave.