Strangest thing you’ve seen at a game

piffer

There was a bomb scare in the stand at Brockville once. Instead of evacuating the ground, they just asked the spectators in the stand to get onto the pitch. Those of us in the terracing watched as punters and players stood around waiting for the all clear and the game to resume (Killie were winning 1-0 at the time). I don't remember how long the delay lasted but Killie held on for the win and no one gave a thought that we could all have been blown to smithereens.

10 minutes ago, fmcc said:

WTF is a wet willie??

I thought it was funny when the StJ keeper took a throw in on Saturday. I dont think l've seen that too many times before, if at all. I'm easy amused. 

Licking your finger and sticking it in someone's ear.

He'd been flicking it & giving it a tug previously

3 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Bobby Geddes punching his own kickout over the bar for a corner.

Against Partick thistle in a hurricane? He still refused to play it out from the back, and kept trying to beat the wind with thundering punts down the park that day.

Maybe not exactly strange but it seemed spooky at the time .... and, what the heck, it's a laugh at "their" expense.

I used to go to Somerset occasionally when Killie were playing away back in the late 1960s. One week in the 1966/67 season, they were hosting Dundee United who had signed a lot of Scandinavians around the time - Lennart Wing, Orjan Persson, Finn Dossing, Finn Seeman and Mogens Berg. Any foreign players were a real novelty at the time and I thought they would be worth a look.

Unfortunately, the first half was dull and goal-less. I watched it from the terracing opposite the stand and thought that, for a change, I'd watch the second from behind one of the goals. But which one? I plumped for the railway end which United would be attacking. 

Good choice - final score Ayr United 0 Dundee United 7!

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Maybe not exactly strange but it seemed spooky at the time .... and, what the heck, it's a laugh at "their" expense.

I used to go to Somerset occasionally when Killie were playing away back in the late 1960s. One week in the 1966/67 season, they were hosting Dundee United who had signed a lot of Scandinavians around the time - Lennart Wing, Orjan Persson, Finn Dossing, Finn Seeman and Mogens Berg. Any foreign players were a real novelty at the time and I thought they would be worth a look.

Unfortunately, the first half was dull and goal-less. I watched it from the terracing opposite the stand and thought that, for a change, I'd watch the second from behind one of the goals. But which one? I plumped for the railway end which United would be attacking. 

Good choice - final score Ayr United 0 Dundee United 7!

Here was me thinking it was going to be a joke about one of the players names

This is strange, funny or sinister, depending on your point of view:

“Following lengthy discussions with Clapton Football Club Officials and information received through Football Intelligence sources it has been decided that away fans will not be permitted entry to this game. Sadly for Clapton, they suffer from a group of ‘supporters’ who refer to themselves as Ultras and have established a pattern of unacceptable behaviour when visiting grounds for away matches in which Clapton are involved.”

The statement was released just before midnight last night and concerns a match in the London FA Senior Cup tomorrow night.

It was issued by the chairman of ......Metropolitan Police FC!

Clapton's average home attendance last season was 276.

Edited by skygod

A guy got flung out of Love Street a few years back and then went and stood on the wall at the right hand side of the away stand (between that and the Main Stand) and led the singsong from there.

I think it was one of the days when it was a killiefc.com away day and we took over that pub in Paisley.  That was a great day.

55 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Hamish McAlpine scoring from a kick-out v Killie at RP in 1987. Barry Holland was in goal for Killie. A windy day, he came out to meet the kick-out, ball bounced over his head and into the net. 

"A pulsating Scottish Division One match between Kilmarnock and Raith Rovers was finely poised at 3-3 as the sun began to set behind the old Rugby Park. The 1,436 fans scattered around the ground on 12 September 1987 scanned the pitch for a potential hero. Sometimes heroes are the unlikeliest figures.

With the clock running down, Raith Rovers’ veteran goalkeeper, Hamish McAlpine, launched a kick from his own penalty area towards his opposite number, Barry Holland, in the Killie goal. Incredibly, the ball bounced once and flew beyond his baffled opponent into the back of the net. As the Raith Rovers fans celebrated, McAlpine looked on in bewilderment as he tried to figure out what had happened. Astonishment soon turned to joy and, in typical McAlpine style, he celebrated by lifting his boot up for one of his fellow defenders to kiss. The unlikely goal was not so joyful for the man on the receiving end. Holland was dropped for the following match and only made one more appearance for Kilmarnock."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/24/hamish-mcalpine-goalscoring-goalkeeper-ballad-song-dundee-united-raith-rovers

5 hours ago, BoydsFace said:

A guy got flung out of Love Street a few years back and then went and stood on the wall at the right hand side of the away stand (between that and the Main Stand) and led the singsong from there.

I think it was one of the days when it was a killiefc.com away day and we took over that pub in Paisley.  That was a great day.

Waan't that wee Paddy from the valley bus?