The fear

kfc_superteam

With McInnes likely to be offered the Rangers job... Aberdeen may soon be looking for a new manager. My fear is with Stevie Clarkes reputation and the solid start he has made with us will Aberdeen armed with the compensation from McInnes leaving make an approach.

I know he is only in the door but stranger things have happened. My hope is that Clarke is enjoying it here and feels he is only at the beginning of his career here. 

Hopefully Aberdeen would go for Tommy Wright! 

Think Aberdeen will go for Tommy Wright if McInnes goes which could well see the St Johnstone bubble burst. Similar to McInnes at Aberdeen you wonder if Wright can take his current team much further. 

Jack Ross at St Mirren would probably be a contender as well should the job come up.

Is the Aberdeen job really that appealing to managers. At the moment they are the second best team in the country. Is the reality though they can’t better that and any future manager could be fighting a losing battle with Celtic so far ahead and other teams potentially getting their houses in order. 

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Celtic. He supports them. It's also biggest job in Scotland. I'd be more worried if aunt Brenda leaves. Celtic wanted him before and if he does well with us it wouldn't surprise me if it happens again.

Apparently Brendan has already knocked back West Brom & Swansea since being appointed boss at Parkhead if reports in today's press are to be believed, so unless it's one of the top jobs down south, I doubt he'd be interested in leaving Celtic.

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Apparently Brendan has already knocked back West Brom & Swansea since being appointed boss at Parkhead if reports in today's press are to be believed, so unless it's one of the top jobs down south, I doubt he'd be interested in leaving Celtic.

As a toffee, I'd have loved him at Everton. I think that's about the highest he could hope to get from Celtic. Can't see him landing one of the top six sides from Scotland. 

11 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Theres no chance Clarke will leave us anytime soon. Regardless of which jobs become available.

I’d be very surprised if Clarke had taken on our job, without having strong assurances we wouldn’t stand in his way if a Big club came in for him. Realistically he’s out of our league but we should enjoy the ride for now. 

4 hours ago, Zorro said:

I’d be very surprised if Clarke had taken on our job, without having strong assurances we wouldn’t stand in his way if a Big club came in for him. Realistically he’s out of our league but we should enjoy the ride for now. 

I agree that he is out of our league however with the way the club is being run just now posting a profit and getting this project brave with the development of the training facility, we are looking like a club which there’s a lot of future promise. A manager that will have the pick of some of the best young players in Scotland. Hopefully SC will stay around and help us get back to where we belong!  

1 hour ago, SCOOT KFC said:

I agree that he is out of our league however with the way the club is being run just now posting a profit and getting this project brave with the development of the training facility, we are looking like a club which there’s a lot of future promise. A manager that will have the pick of some of the best young players in Scotland. Hopefully SC will stay around and help us get back to where we belong!  

Posting a profit looks great, but selling a player account for the majority of that. Then there’s the money we get for Scottish teams participating in Europe. I’d suggest neither of those are reliable income streams. Add on the additional costs of project Brave and we either need a rich benefactor, a major uptake in TIK, a surge in crowds or we won’t have a pot to piss in.