Ryan Jack

piffer

Fourth red card of the season for Rangers today. Turning into the Sergio Ramos of Scottish football. A man who was incidentally sent off for the 24th time in his career yesterday and broke the La Liga record with 19. 

Whats the Scottish Record for reds in the top flight and in a season

He did play the ball, the whole of the ball in WMiller's words. My issue with it is the force of his follow-thru(ooof). May's ankle buckles therefore I'm inclined to think that Jack overdid the follow-thru (ooof*2) and must've been very close to breaking the guy's leg. 

Strange tho that the Pogba one, which again was a follow thru (sorry) incident again. Pogba knicked the ball away from Bellerin and his foot just naturally comes down on Hector's leg. 

See why they were both given, but I think the Pogba one was much less severe and I feel he was unlucky to get a red

Edited by fmcc

3 hours ago, fmcc said:

He did play the ball, the whole of the ball in WMiller's words. My issue with it is the force of his follow-thru(ooof). May's ankle buckles therefore I'm inclined to think that Jack overdid the follow-thru (ooof*2) and must've been very close to breaking the guy's leg. 

Strange tho that the Pogba one, which again was a follow thru (sorry) incident again. Pogba knicked the ball away from Bellerin and his foot just naturally comes down on Hector's leg. 

See why they were both given, but I think the Pogba one was much less severe and I feel he was unlucky to get a red

See I kind of agree, however if you pull out when making a tackle and don't follow through your leg would snap. I felt Jack actually did nothing wrong and had May done the same he wouldn't have got injured.

The Pogba one is strange too... I kind of get why both could be red cards but don't necessarily agree with either. As with May, Bellerin completely shat out the tackle. Pogba should never have been in a situation where he was standing on someones thigh had the opposing player tried to win the ball cleanly.

Having said that, I don't think many would win a 50/50 with Pogba... the guy is absolutely insane**!

Edited by Bullitt
**Insane as in good... not as in maniac!

Thought Jack was unlucky to go ... it was a clean strike of the ball and May only got caught because HE was late getting to the ball.

Pogba did well though ... managed to stand on both Bellerin's legs at the same time.  I thought he moved his left leg in order to come down on the ankle.

Baws! Jack could easily have missed May’s leg after having won the ball cleanly if he’d wanted to. The follow through action was unnecessary and was with excessive force endangering an opponent. The very definition of a red card these days. Same with Pogba, and telling Man Utd didn’t even bother appealing.

ps it’s not the other player’s responsibility to “go in hard” to ensure not getting hurt - Bellerin spread his leg flat to block the ball rather than go in foot first, as he’s entitled to do. It’s also Pogba’s responsibility not to hurt him - or face the obvious consequences.