THIS IS THE ONE

Neilly

Surely this is the one we must start picking up points  at rugby park this is our home ground we are a good team  on the road but we need to start this week against Partick I don’t know if it’s the plastic pitch or something else we have 3 home games out of 4 so I hope we get this duck off our backs give the home fans something to cheer about because not everyone can make away games 

5 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Considering the squad of players and managers that we've had in the past few seasons, the mystery isn't why our home form is so bad, it's why our away form is relatively good.

It’s because we don’t have to play on our s**t plastic pitch when we’re away. 

Think it all boils down to we aren't good enough in the past few seasons to take the game to the opposition. We are better away from home because there is no pressure to attack so we can sit back and hit on the counter. The away support is also more vocal as it is more condensed. 

At Rugby Park there is little atmosphere but the players can hear boos or individual abuse shouted at them. They feel pressure to attack which doesn't suit and I think the pressure gets to the players. 

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

Think it all boils down to we aren't good enough in the past few seasons to take the game to the opposition. We are better away from home because there is no pressure to attack so we can sit back and hit on the counter. The away support is also more vocal as it is more condensed. 

I agree that at home there is an expectation of taking the game to the opposition which may backfire as sitting in and hitting on the counter may suit the squad we have better. However it was not "taking the game to the opposition" that shafted us last week against the sheep, it was the just the basic s**teness.

It does seem to be true that those who travel to far flung places seem more likely to be supportive of the team than those who only make the short trek to the home ground. I myself am more conscious of negative comments in the East Stand than I am at away games. However I cant see this as a major factor in the poor home performance and I still think the very poor playing surface provided by the plastic is a bigger factor.

Games against Thistle in years gone by were always played in a buzzing atmosphere, whether it be at Rugby Park or Firhill. After Ayr, they were always our biggest rivals. It would be fantastic to get back to something on a par with that and this weekend is an ideal time to do it. I'm looking forward to it and have a good feeling that we are going to get that elusive home victory.

Even though I don't think the pitch is the reason, maybe ripping it up will be the solution to our problems. 

Perhaps it is now, through no fault of its own, a psychological barrier. An inanimate vessel harbouring all of our negative thoughts and nastiness. Like in Ghostbusters 2. Maybe only the expense and inconvenience of ripping up of the pitch, and then burning it in a big Billy Bowie skip, will exorcise the 'ghosts' of MJ, Alan Johnston, Gary Locke, Gary Tallon, Dugald McCarrison and Andy Walker.

Or maybe we should just get behind the team and spur them on to absolutely pump Thistle. 

A right good bleaching.

4 or 5 nil. 

Just as plenty of teams have done to us on our pitch.

A few home wins under our belt and no-one will be caring a jot about the pitch.

The next 3 home games will be a good indicator. All of them are 'winnable', though each is also tough in it's own way. Thistle are under pressure to get a result from somewhere, Well have been on a generally decent run of form, are a physical side, who are generally difficult to break down (Saturday aside), and Rangers have just beaten Aberdeen twice. 

Our run of winless games has to end sometime though.First goal in any game is massive, and if we can get ourselves ahead in these games, the side should take confidence from it. SC will be desperate to turn this around, and will no doubt have a plan in place for each game.If we can score first this week I reckon we could go on to win by 2 or 3. Only home game we have been ahead in so far is Accies with the 2-0 lead. In most of the others we have been chasing the game early on (St.Johnstone, Dundee, County, Aberdeen).

Don't think we need a psychologist, just the boost of the opening goal and the chance to build on it. In the away wins at Partick, Hearts and St.Johnstone, we have gone ahead and then had something to hold onto. Obviously both Hearts and St.Johnstone drew level but we were able to dig in and crucially get the next goal.

10 hours ago, Teethgrinder said:

I'll need to see if I can pursuade the missus to come to the game.  She's been to two fixtures only but they were 4-0 killie and 4-1 killie.  Coincidence or maybe she's the Killie Whisperer!?

Maybe I'll keep our lucky secret weapon on ice until we actually really need her....

Whatever it takes, get her there!