Lee McCulloch

piffer

Just watched the second part...if you want to see the part about Killie, it starts at 19 mins in.
What is evident throughout was a certain hesitancy when given any kind of authority, be it an expectancy of scoring goals, captain, or assistant manager.
The same trait that, possibly in hindsight for the board, was evident in his reluctance to state publicly he wanted the job full time.
Overall though, he comes over as a decent guy and I hope he does well in whatever he does next, he was just the wrong guy at the wrong time for us.

Been enjoying these interviews since they started. I like the laid back approach of them and Ferry comes across well.

Its interesting in the first part of the McCulloch one when he’s talking about his move to Rangers. It’s different to the McInnes situation but very similar. When Rangers go after one of their own there seems to be an expectancy said person will put the work in. Rangers bid for McCulloch, it’s rejected, he’s left to throw the toys out of the prom and force the move. So often we’ve seen this happen over the years.

That section aside he comes across as an honest, likeable and hardworking guy. I found the hesitation and awkwardness strange. On the park he always seemed confident, a leader and someone who would do anything for the win. His offfield persona is very different. As others have said hopefully he find the right gig for him. Killie as a first job would be difficult but restructuring from top to bottom as well was far too much for him

3 minutes ago, jam1869 said:

Interesting that he says a few of the new signings have a problem with the pitch, surely that would have been discussed before signing. 

Yeah I found that interesting too. The first concrete quotes from anyone at or previously at the club to suggest it really is an issue. 

Also found interesting the chat about McCoist having to adapt way he interacts with his team and his own personal transition into the management role and time he was spending on the job.

Who's to say if he had been Steve Clarke's number two for three or four years and got some real hands on coaching where he could have ended up.

Sounds to me that Locke, Clark and Walter Smith were his only real managerial influences... and Watty he said didn't bother about tactics or shape!! Hard graft and effort will get you so far, but not without a system.