Fancy that!

skygod

9 hours ago, historyman said:

Samson got slaughtered because he rarely made saves. Much as I liked him because he was a local boy and a Killie fan he wasn't a very good goalkeeper.

Its been a few years since I've seen Bell play on a regular basis but I cant say that I noticed his distribution of the ball being particularly effective when he played with us. In fact, most of my memories regarding this part of his game are all the hairy moments and sometimes goals conceded as he struggled to adapt to Mixu's philosophy of playing the ball out from the back. Sevco released him as did Dundee United, perhaps he is not as good a keeper as he was five years ago. I still wonder why McCulloch signed him.

Obviously to please piffer and Zorro!

23 hours ago, historyman said:

I do exactly that and he has been one of the most consistent performers we have had for the last three years. The comment about his distribution being terrible is just rubbish and is the sign of someone looking for something to complain about. But I know you won't be happy until Bell is playing no matter what the guy does. 

I only hope that when MacDonald does leave the club we are able to replace him with another keeper who is just as good because that won't be as easy as some people would like to think. 

We brought in a young guy, starting out in professional football, put him behind two midfielders playing out of position at CB; one of them a rookie himself, and it was still an improvement on MacDonald. Replacing MacDonald will be a piece of piss for a competent manager.

Criticising someone for spotting a flaw in MacDonalds game, because you’re blinded by a few “world class” saves is a sure sign of a fanboy. You are completely unable to look at his game objectively. If you were you’d have noticed his communication and positioning are also poor, he doesn’t command his six yard box and has a habit of being beaten at the near post. 

I could point out that the young guy you mention was perhaps on a wage level 5,6, 7 or 8 times that of Macdonald so unless we are looking for another short term loan then budget would perhaps come into the equation.

But I won't do that. Sorry, you are absolutely correct as always and hopefully one day the manager of Kilmarnock Football Club, whoever that may be, will see the wisdom of your words as well as everyone else on the forum who foolishly disagree with your insightful and accurate analysis.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

I could point out that the young guy you mention was perhaps on a wage level 5,6, 7 or 8 times that of Macdonald so unless we are looking for another short term loan then budget would perhaps come into the equation.

But I won't do that. Sorry, you are absolutely correct as always and hopefully one day the manager of Kilmarnock Football Club, whoever that may be, will see the wisdom of your words as well as everyone else on the forum who foolishly disagree with your insightful and accurate analysis.

I could also point out there’s literally hundreds of kids, getting paid more than MacDonald who’ll get released in the summer and go on to have unspectacular careers or end up boring people in bars or bookies with the “I could’ve been a contender” stories. His wage is irrelevant to the experience he had when we played him instead of MacDonald. 

However, the most telling part of your reply is that yet again you’ve had to resort to ad hominem attacks when your waferr thin defence of MacDonald was rebutted. You’re nearly as bad as him at dealing with any attacks. 

I watched the Rosco keeper spill the ball more than once (certainly on Saturday) and loose a goal, on Saturday the Thistle keeper spilled the ball twice and lost a goal both times. I saw Gordon spill the Ball at Easter Road and very nearly loose Ceptic the game over it.

Can't think on many goals we have lost through Jamie spilling it, he tends to push it well away if he cant hold it.

Keepers will make mistakes and they will cost their teams goals. It’s the nature of the role and I’m certainly not going to slaughter a keeper for making a mistake. However, MacDonald has fundamental flaws in his game that means he consistently makes the same mistakes. That’s the problem with him. 

IMO of first choice keepers in the division he’s fourth or fifth best. I haven’t seen much of the Hibs boy so wouldn’t comment likewise Carson at Well whose had good reviews. I’d say Bain, Gordon and Lewis are better are better keepers. Bain isn’t playing because of a dispute with McCann. Gordon and Lewis have dropped some clangers but overall for me they are better keepers. 

I used to think Fox was a good keeper when at Partick. Since he moved to County I haven’t been impressed. The boy Clark at St Johnstone seems highly rated but watching him live he’s a catalogue of errors

For the record I have no problem with MacDonald as a shot stopper. Indeed he has been a breath of fresh air compared to Samson who would have been as well placing the ball at the strikers feet. The near post thing is something I’ve never noticed until the other week and I’m not convinced about it. 

I think he has a problem with distribution, his command of the area leaves me worried although I’ve felt it better in the last few games since Dundee away. Sometimes there seems to be communication issues

The saves are the most important thing and if people are happy with that then they are entitled to their opinion. I feel the other side of his game let’s us down at times and could be improved on. 

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

However, the most telling part of your reply is that yet again you’ve had to resort to ad hominem attacks when your waferr thin defence of MacDonald was rebutted. You’re nearly as bad as him at dealing with any attacks. 

It had nothing to do with my defence of Macdonald. It was just because I find you very irritating.

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

You have no defence for MacDonald and that’s what irritates you. 

The only undisputable fact in all your continual sniping of Jamie MacDonald is that he at least is doing something which you have never done or will never do (thankfully) in that is he has played as a goalkeeper for KFC. Maybe that is the underlying reason in your dislike of him is that you have a tinge of jealousy. Think its time for you to accept he is our number one at present and do what the majority of us are doing in supporting him until he is deemed not to be by Steve Clarke!

41 minutes ago, Bbk said:

The only undisputable fact in all your continual sniping of Jamie MacDonald is that he at least is doing something which you have never done or will never do (thankfully) in that is he has played as a goalkeeper for KFC. Maybe that is the underlying reason in your dislike of him is that you have a tinge of jealousy. Think its time for you to accept he is our number one at present and do what the majority of us are doing in supporting him until he is deemed not to be by Steve Clarke!

Maybe the reason you’re so opposed to us having a better keeper and are happy to have one with the worst shot stopping record in the league is because you’re really an Ayr United fan. Or perhaps you’re unable to tell what a decent keeper looks like because you’ve never played in goals for a premier league team either, What is for sure is you and historymans need to constantly attack me, rather than build a supportive argument in defence of MacDonald, is based in your blindingly obvious ignorance of why you think he’s a good keeper. 

Try it  Tell us why someone with such a poor record deserves to be immune from criticism, while it’s open season on club legends like Kris Boyd 

Edited by Zorro

3 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Maybe the reason you’re so opposed to us having a better keeper and are happy to have one with the worst shot stopping record in the league is because you’re really an Ayr United fan. Or perhaps you’re unable to tell what a decent keeper looks like because you’ve never played in goals for a premier league keeper either, What is for sure is you and historymans need to constantly attack me, rather than build a supportive argument in defence of MacDonald, is based in your blindingly obvious ignorance of why you think he’s a good keeper. 

Try it  Tell us why someone with such a poor record deserves to be immune from criticism, while it’s open season on club legends like Kris Boyd 

Which would also imply that Steve Clarke falls into the same category as me as he is playing him at present?

Just now, Bbk said:

Which would also imply that Steve Clarke falls into the same category as me as he is playing him at present?

No. For the same reason that playing Boyd at the moment doesn’t mean Clarke thinks he’s the long term solution as our main striker. He’s playing the hand he’s been dealt. 

This isn’t a complicated concept. Neither Boyd or MacDonald will be here in the longer term. 

2 minutes ago, Zorro said:

No. For the same reason that playing Boyd at the moment doesn’t mean Clarke thinks he’s the long term solution as our main striker. He’s playing the hand he’s been dealt. 

This isn’t a complicated concept. Neither Boyd or MacDonald will be here in the longer term. 

Guess we'll need to sign Andy Murray as goalkeeper then. :P

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Surely this piece of logic would apply to a lot more players as none of us can  for see what Steve Clarke is going to do in the next few transfer windows.Though as you have said he can only go at present with the hand he has been dealt so I ask once more for all of us to stop sniping at the players or for that case each other and give the team our full support until he decides otherwise .This is once again my final comment on this Jamie MacDonald witchunt but can I just say I fully accept everybody's opinion.

1 hour ago, Bbk said:

Surely this piece of logic would apply to a lot more players as none of us can  for see what Steve Clarke is going to do in the next few transfer windows.Though as you have said he can only go at present with the hand he has been dealt so I ask once more for all of us to stop sniping at the players or for that case each other and give the team our full support until he decides otherwise .This is once again my final comment on this Jamie MacDonald witchunt but can I just say I fully accept everybody's opinion.

Hey, feel free not to talk about whatever you want. I’m certainly not making you discuss this and I don’t accept the accusation there’s a witch hunt against MacDonald. What there is, is some justified criticism of certain aspects of his game. Just as Boyd comes in for criticism for his lack of mobility or pace, MacDonalds performances between the sticks is also fair game. It is normal for football fans to discuss how their team can be improved. What’s not normal is to try and shutdown discussion because certain members have decided a player is a sacred cow. 

10 hours ago, Zorro said:

Hey, feel free not to talk about whatever you want. I’m certainly not making you discuss this and I don’t accept the accusation there’s a witch hunt against MacDonald. What there is, is some justified criticism of certain aspects of his game. Just as Boyd comes in for criticism for his lack of mobility or pace, MacDonalds performances between the sticks is also fair game. It is normal for football fans to discuss how their team can be improved. What’s not normal is to try and shutdown discussion because certain members have decided a player is a sacred cow. 

Okay although it's not really any of your business I'll inform you of the reasons why your accusation of me maybe having any allegiances to the team from south of Symington is way way off the mark I am a season ticket holder of the last 20 plus years as are other members of my family,we are also shareholders in KFC for many years ,we were contributers to the fifty for the future campaign,we have participated in the 'brick ' for Killie fans at the moffat stand end of the ground, I have participated in the Killie lotto since its start and we have hardly missed a home game for many years.I'm sure you will agree this totally rubbishes your accusation but as you were not in possession of the true facts I will cut you some slack on this occasion .

19 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Okay although it's not really any of your business I'll inform you of the reasons why your accusation of me maybe having any allegiances to the team from south of Symington is way way off the mark I am a season ticket holder of the last 20 plus years as are other members of my family,we are also shareholders in KFC for many years ,we were contributers to the fifty for the future campaign,we have participated in the 'brick ' for Killie fans at the moffat stand end of the ground, I have participated in the Killie lotto since its start and we have hardly missed a home game for many years.I'm sure you will agree this totally rubbishes your accusation but as you were not in possession of the true facts I will cut you some slack on this occasion .

If you really think I was accusing you of being an Ayr fan, you’re far less intelligent than I gave you credit for. The not too subtle point I was making, in response to your ad hominem attack, was it’s very easy to throw insults back and forward at each other. However it adds absolutely nothing to the debate. 

As for you’re background, I have absolutely no interest in it. I’m here to discuss the club, not you.