Thistle home Fred

C4mmy31

Fantastic result and performance starting to look like a team now. Boydie was excellent glad he hit penalty. He also looks about a stone lighter since Stevie Clarke took over. Crowd looked more than 4300 quoted. Off out now to enjoy my Xmas party piss up with a happy face on.

Its games like todays game that make supporting killie worthwhile,

thought Mulumbu was fantastic, every single pass he played found another killie player

Brophy and Boyd look like a good pair up top too.

Onwards and upwards

Edited by samo

• CB unpinned this topic

Mulumbu looks like some player did lots of simple stuff and broke up play regularly I think we should enjoy him while we can. Credit to all the players today though not a failure on the park. Jones was a wee bit quiet at times and then he turns it on by driving at their defence, great to watch. Stevie Clarke’s blue and white army right enough, happy days. 

Great win. Good performance but it was a strange game. At times we looked ropey at the back but it was great that we really went for it. Wasn't a 5-1 game but we'll take it. Hopefully this will take the fear out of playing at home. Was actually thinking when the last time we won a game by such a margin. I remember a game against dunfermline under jefferies where we won 5-1.

Fanastic day, loved that. Everyone has covered the individual players, but thought what Clarke did was really impressive. Odd formation that was completely tailored to the opposition, worked so well. A real team performance too, could see them talking and organising on the pitch more than in recent games. 

50 minutes ago, Andy said:

You said you have the fear but that we might do someone at some point . Stunning . Can you choose my lottery numbers , there’s a fair chance that you might get some of them correct at some point.? 

I thought Mulumbu's touch and control and passing were excellent. He was obviously done in in the 2nd half and the manager knew it as well and acted accordingly. The third goal killed Partick, especially as it came against the run of play a bit- they had plenty of the ball at the start of the 2nd half. A great weekend for us. :hurrah:

32 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Great win. Good performance but it was a strange game. At times we looked ropey at the back but it was great that we really went for it. Wasn't a 5-1 game but we'll take it. Hopefully this will take the fear out of playing at home. Was actually thinking when the last time we won a game by such a margin. I remember a game against dunfermline under jefferies where we won 5-1.

You are right and wrong it wasn't a 5-1 game it was more like a 7 or 8 -1game if we had a bit more composure in front of goal and I also thought Boydie had one of his best games and helped young Brophy immensely.Well done to all concerned for getting the first home win and for a really good team performance!

--

33 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Fanastic day, loved that. Everyone has covered the individual players, but thought what Clarke did was really impressive. Odd formation that was completely tailored to the opposition, worked so well. A real team performance too, could see them talking and organising on the pitch more than in recent games. 

I noticed that as well Mitch.  Encouragement from experienced players was very obvious throughout the game. Boydy, Burke, Greer, Dicker all had plenty to say and kept everyone concentrated on their role. A great performance and one we deserve after recent improvements under Steve Clarke.