Thistle home Fred

C4mmy31

Great win but both defences were poor. Could easily have scored a few more and Thistle missed two sitters and had a raft of chances but only hit the target a couple of times in the game.Midfield picked up most of the 2nd balls which to me was our biggest improvement in the game.  Thought the ref had a great game .

We'll need a tighter set up against Ross County as I can't see many teams missing as any chances as Partick did.

6 hours ago, Joe said:

Afternoon. I am delighted with the result and performance. My only real gripe was the youth seem out of favour. Having attended most youth games over the years it would be nice to have a mix of youth and Experience, this year I thought was the year.

I did predict a draw I thought The jags would have had more about them. Hence the reason William Hill takes a few bob from me.:D

Well Done Killie.

Have a good day folks going a wee walk then GYM.

Looks like the "youths" will struggle to get game time now.Doubt if even Greg Kiltie will get a regular game when fit unless Jones is sold .Taylor and Frizzile will spend the most of there time on the bench unless there is an injury .Looks like there will be a more experienced midfield of Power ,Dicker and Mulumbu and Burke being the back up  

27 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Looks like the "youths" will struggle to get game time now.Doubt if even Greg Kiltie will get a regular game when fit unless Jones is sold .Taylor and Frizzile will spend the most of there time on the bench unless there is an injury .Looks like there will be a more experienced midfield of Power ,Dicker and Mulumbu and Burke being the back up  

It's nice to have one of the youngest squads in Europe but the club was not progressing and we have not been developing players who have been sold on for decent fees (the last was Kennedy and that was five years ago).

Players have been brought through - Ashcroft, Johnston, O'Hara, Slater, Barbour, Muirhead, for example - but they haven't developed into first team players and/ or earned the club significant fees.

Maybe managing the careers of Wilson, Frizzell, Graham, Cameron et al more conservatively will develop them into better players in the long run. It's surely better to have them learning from our own senior pros and getting game time on a managed basis than being kept out by other clubs' young players on loan.

Edited by skygod

Players will get their chance. Brophy wasn’t quoted a few weeks ago but got a chance because he showed well in training. He’s taken that chance. Erwin got a start vs Aberdeen because he was training well. The likes of McKenzie was a key player a few games ago now he’s on the bench after missing out completely last week. 

Teams change consistently over a season. Just because there aren't as many youngsters in the team at the moment doesn’t mean there won’t be in a few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

We have played youths for 3/4 years and just stayed in the league, think its time for an experienced side. St Johnstone have went that way and done well, no one complains when there is a winnig team.  

2 hours ago, Killiepies said:

I doubt Taylor will spend most of time on bench. I think he was probably rested and will now compete v Findlay for left back. His distribution is better so possibly a better choice with our style of game 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

. I thought it was too much too young for youths. 

So your saying it was possibly too much for our youths before? I’m not sure if that’s what you mean. Recent results and more experienced players playing would suggest so. I think SC will play the best player in each position for benefit of team regardless of age. 

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

Yes, thought Power, Burke etc would have done more and developed youth.

Yes i said he will sacrifice youth for results, which I understand. My point is I hope he develops youth also.

So Yes is my reply.

To be fair to Power, he has only recently been getting regular starts and for all we know was helping younger players in training.

I’m sure SC will find a healthy balance 

49 minutes ago, Joe said:

Taylor is 5'6" maximum. Plus he's build slightly. Not that it should matter. He's small as are his parents. Especially his father. As long as he can play. Then so what. Was Roberto Carlos not small.??

No way he's 5 foot 6. I met him other day and I'm 5'9" and he was easily same height.