4339?

Jamsie

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Can any of the anonymous red careers let me know which part is wrong?

Who is it you’re moaning at with your initial point? Is your passive aggressiveness directed at someone? Honestly, you could make a missionary guilty you’re so negative. It’s almost Christmas, give yourself a week off and look on the bright side for a change.

10 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Crowd today 160 lower than Partick game in March. What an overwhelming response to the following:

Top Manager tick

MJ off the Board tick

CEO tick

Marketing Manager tick

Twenty Pounds entry tick

Multi Match Ticket tick

New DJ tick 

Increased player budget tick

Shop in town tick

Backing for Trust Director tick

1. Very hard to compare a crowd just before xmas to a crowd in the spring...

2. Did Thistle bring 160 more fans that day than they did today?

11 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Crowd today 160 lower than Partick game in March. What an overwhelming response to the following:

Top Manager tick

MJ off the Board tick

CEO tick

Marketing Manager tick

Twenty Pounds entry tick

Multi Match Ticket tick

New DJ tick 

Shop in town tick

The crowd isn’t up as much as we all would have wanted but this will take time.

However leaving the ground today people were happy. There were kids singing coming out the Frank Beattie stand. If they were there on free tickets they might come back next week with their parents. 

If the team keep putting in performances like that fans will come back. 

As said above......thistle support was poor today.

It takes time to build the support up again.........Big turning point could be a better home crowd for the rangers game in a few weeks. I'll be topping up my season ticket to attend for the first time since i got my qts family one. If both teams current form continues it could be a great day out.

That attendance is poor imo, the Thistle crowd wasn't great but only counts for 300 less than we took to their place in October. Had it been County or Accies we were playing it would have beeen back in the 3's again.

I had hoped for at least 4500 home fans for this one, hopefully it'll gradually improve with more good results and performances. 

@Mclean07

Boring.

That home crowd was up on recent games pre Clark.

No one will ever know how many anti MJ stay aways there were, and no one ever said there were hundreds.

Frankly couldn’t give a s**t if they never all return I Know of at least 10 kids from Kilwinning who now go to all home games, these are the fans we want. And a few mates who haven’t been in years(nothing to do with MJ), who have bought half seasons.

As I said every year the pre-Christmas crowds drop for many reasons, but I would say that was an increase yesterday in Home crowd.

You have compared yesterday’s match to a game against Thistle where they were pushing for top six and I expect brought nearer 900.

i think most sensible posters have said that bringing back crowds will be a long process.

Great that with so many free tickets handed out we finally put in a performance that might entice some of those kids back.

12 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Top Manager tick

MJ off the Board tick

CEO tick

Marketing Manager tick

Twenty Pounds entry tick

Multi Match Ticket tick

New DJ tick 

Shop in town tick

You red-carders can dress it any way you like but this guy has hit quite a few nails on the head!

.... and I speak as the Joey Barton of the forum.

Cammy, how did your beloved Preston do - I was watching Pompey beating Charlton? 

5 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

... and I speak as the Joey Barton of the forum.

I tried come up with a nickname for myself too when I was a kid.

"Hey guys, I don't know if you've heard, but people are calling me Sparky now because I play football like Mark Hughes."

13 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I admire the positive thoughts about a home attendance of just over 3600. About 100 up on the home crowds towards the end of last season. Pretty pathetic given the high profile manager and the improvements in almost every area of the club's operations and the hundreds who were going to return when MJ left the Board. The second last component has now turned up i.e the team. Now we await the Kilmarnock public playing their part. I won't hold my breath.

Givei it a rest Mr 50% Killie. 

13 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I admire the positive thoughts about a home attendance of just over 3600. About 100 up on the home crowds towards the end of last season. Pretty pathetic given the high profile manager and the improvements in almost every area of the club's operations and the hundreds who were going to return when MJ left the Board. The second last component has now turned up i.e the team. Now we await the Kilmarnock public playing their part. I won't hold my breath.

Please hold your breath.:$

15 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

You red-carders can dress it any way you like but this guy has hit quite a few nails on the head!

.... and I speak as the Joey Barton of the forum.

Cammy, how did your beloved Preston do - I was watching Pompey beating Charlton? 

Oh look somebody who never goes near RP slagging the crowd. 

i

Has he?  I think of of our club motto Confidemus. Trust, like anything in life is often earned. Once that trust is lost, it can take some considerable time for that trust to be regained if at all.  When this is allied to performance on the park as well as the boardroom it is hardly surprising that many people put up with the debacle f the previous few years then decided enough was enough. You can tick all the boxes you want, but this has to be seen as the start of the process in regaining the trust and loyalty of the fan base, not the end point. The damage that was done over years will also take years to repair. I suspect McLean07 is aware of this but rather enjoys pushing a few buttons that is often the part of decent debate.

I don't remember the crowds dropping from 6000 to 4000 overnight. It took time. Performances on the park. Underwhelming managerial appointments. Prices. MJ. Lack of engagement. They all played a part in fans staying away. 

Those fans find other things to do on a Saturday. A small minority of them will have been desperate to come back because their exile was self imposed for whatever reason. Most will have got fed up with the football and now spend their leisure time doing something else. 

But as McLean pointed out there are many positives. Great manager, better players, better engagement etc. But as with when people stopped attending they aren't all going to return at once. It will be a small and steady upturn if things keep improving on and off the park. There will be days when external forces are at work (weather, Xmas) that might see a dip in the crowd again but that has and always will be the case. 

I'm confident we'll start seeing the crowds around 5000 for the end of the season and start of next provided our lapsed attendees see tangible progress. It's been years and years of decline. It will take significant improvements and time to reverse that trend. Let's be positive. 

12 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Top Manager tick

MJ off the Board tick

CEO tick

Marketing Manager tick

Twenty Pounds entry tick

Multi Match Ticket tick

New DJ tick 

Shop in town tick

2 weeks until Christmas so money is tight for some people - tick

Cold, icy conditions possibly putting people off - tick

There's no point comparing attendances unless it's the same time of the year. But once again there's always that one person who puts everything down even after a great team display and result. 

We have had one home win in seven months. ONE! It takes time and performances. Just because some of us on here will go through thick and thin dosent mean others will. This season has seen two of my mates buy season tickets from not going at all really and another going whenever he can as well as myself pushing for more Saturdays off where I wouldnt have before.

A result on Tuesday night and we will have plus 5k next week no bother. It a shame we have two away games after Chrismaa as thats when folk have time off and sometimes a wee bit of money in the pocket as well as there being loads of exiles home to see family.

As will the results return so will the fans but it going to take time. We took TEN+ years to get to this stage but with yhe direction the club are taking it wint take that long to see us put bums on seats. By the spring im sure we will be putting 1k extra home fans on the gate and thats a brilliant aim. 

Also add a Des into the mix in a couple of weeks who is worth about 100 fans singing himself and yer jamming!

Dunfermline had just over 4,600 at home to QOTS yesterday. We should be more than capable of attracting more fans than they are getting in a league below.

It’s without question the dire home form and performances of the past few years have had an effect. Winning football will see the fans return. Great strides are being made off the park and I’m convinced the crowds will go up over the next few games. 

Edited by Mojike and Bod

18 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Dunfermline had just over 4,600 at home to QOTS yesterday. We should be more than capable of attracting more fans then they are in a league below.

It’s without question the dire home form and performances of the past few years have had an effect. Winning football will see the fans return. Great strides are being made off the park and I’m convinced the crowds will go up over the next few games. 

I was just about to post re Dunfermlines attendance. There's not a chance in hell they can be considered as big a club as us or have the bigger or same fanbase as we do, and I don't imagine QOTS would have taken even half the support to Fife which thistle took through here yesterday. As I say I'm sure it'll come with a bit of time and some good perormances and results at home, but we should be aiming to ensure we have more fans through the gates than the likes of Dunfermline or Falkirk.

First time we've had 4000+ for a pre-Xmas December home game since Hibs in 2012. Aye, shocking stuff right enough. 9_9

AND Clarke's had a whole 57 days to turn it all around already! He'll clearly no dae.

Screenshot (24).png

Is it ideal? No. Is it where we want to be? No. Is it realistic to think that the floodgates will open and lapsed fans will all come pouring through the turnstiles after 2 whole months of positivity following a decade of nearly perpetual bad news and ill feeling? No. It's a good start, a nice uptick in attendance that we can hopefully maintain and nurture into something more.

Edited by kevin1869

2 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Dunfermline had just over 4,600 at home to QOTS yesterday. We should be more than capable of attracting more fans than they are getting in a league below.

according to pars fans on p&b, they count non-attending season ticket holders in their attendances, and as they've given away bucket loads of free kids tickets, they claim their actual attendances are closer to 3000