4339?

Jamsie

On 9 December 2017 at 9:07 PM, Mclean07 said:

Really? I must have missed the sell outs during July, August and September.

You're referring to the summer past (when we clearly weren't playing well), I'm suggesting it would help in the future (if the league set up changed) along with consistently better performances. 

You shouldn't really be drinking on an empty head. 

I'm a season ticket holder in the east stand and whilst it is difficult to guage the size of the crowd, I am very confident our stand was busier yesterday than I've experienced for a while. What did it look like from the Frank Beattie side?  The FB stand did look reasonably attended yesterday as well.

Our away supports at Partick, Murrayfield and Dundee were absolutely tremendous and if we can bring home that enthusiasm to RP, the atmosphere would be terrific.

There is no doubt we are on a journey of progression however it will take time. Stick with it everyone.

20 minutes ago, zinger said:

I'm a season ticket holder in the east stand and whilst it is difficult to guage the size of the crowd, I am very confident our stand was busier yesterday than I've experienced for a while. What did it look like from the Frank Beattie side?  The FB stand did look reasonably attended yesterday as well.

Our away supports at Partick, Murrayfield and Dundee were absolutely tremendous and if we can bring home that enthusiasm to RP, the atmosphere would be terrific.

There is no doubt we are on a journey of progression however it will take time. Stick with it everyone.

I thought the East looked less than half full, certainly less than the Hibs game which looked to have over 3000 in the East

17 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

We had three home games last season in December, against Dundee, ICT and St Johnstone. Average attendance 3322.

I'd say year on year we are doing very well. Depends on your natural bias I guess. 

McLean only looks for negatives.

He's the same with everything he posts on. Football or not.

16 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I was just about to post re Dunfermlines attendance. There's not a chance in hell they can be considered as big a club as us or have the bigger or same fanbase as we do, and I don't imagine QOTS would have taken even half the support to Fife which thistle took through here yesterday. As I say I'm sure it'll come with a bit of time and some good perormances and results at home, but we should be aiming to ensure we have more fans through the gates than the likes of Dunfermline or Falkirk.

Have a look at Dunfermline forum.

They count free tickets.

10 hours ago, zinger said:

Far too sensible a post.

Crowds over 4000 against so called lesser sides have been like hens teeth in recent years. I'm happy that they're increasing. We're edging closer to 4000 home fans. That should be the target. You don't just gain 1000 home fans in a week or 2 for a club of our size, it takes time and consistent home performances. 

It was stated that this was the coldest day of the year for football. -2 in the morning. Quite a lot of folk are put off by that.

Small steps lads, it's not going to dramatically change overnight, so long as it's heading in the right direction and the experience of visiting Rugby Park is improving then crowds will return. Maybe we will never see the dizzy heights of 6-7k but if we can get it back over 5 in the near future that would be superb. 

Another major factor the club cannot account for is the monotony of playing teams a minimum of 4 times per season, personally I find that one of the most depressing things about watching Killie, especially if we draw one of the Premier teams in the cup as well. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Have a look at Dunfermline forum.

They count free tickets.

Fair enough, never knew that. Nor did I realise the figure from Saturday is a fair bit up from usual Christmas attendances over the past 6 years as per the graph which was earlier posted. Puts it into perspective i suppose, still 4500 home fans should be an achievable goal.

I think yer man McLean is on the wind up here chaps.

It was defo colder on saturday v Thistle, and maybe some folks were xmas shopping.  Even still, 4,339 is more than the 3,939 we had v Saints in August and the 4,198 v Aberdeen in Nov.  When we played Thistle at home last year it was September and the attendance was 4,169.  All reads positive in terms of numbers to me.  

Even average attendances so far (with one visit of Celtic only to bump numbers, and a very good midweek turnout v Hibs this season) point to an improvement in crowds this year, probably over at least the last 3 seasons.  We still have OF visits at least twice more this season, but clearly on the bais of the above numbers common sense tells you that we are looking up.

http://www.fitbastats.com/kilmarnock/club_records_league_attendance.php

Don't feed the trolls

For those asking about Preston we won 2-1 at Burton thanks.

I was watching a dull functional win and bouncing at events at RP.

Of limited interest to most Killie fans I know but what might be relevant is that Burton mustered only just over 2,000 fans.

This is a team in their second season in the Championship who sold out their 6,000 capacity several times last season but who lost their seventh home game in a row on Saturday!!

This is after ten seasons of meteoric progress and shows, I think, why attendances fall. It has taken Killie crowds a lot longer to fall a lot less and I'm with the 'small but welcome improvement' fraternity.

A few more wins and we'll see further increases the Board can budget on.

3 hours ago, Teethgrinder said:

I think yer man McLean is on the wind up here chaps.

It was defo colder on saturday v Thistle, and maybe some folks were xmas shopping.  Even still, 4,339 is more than the 3,939 we had v Saints in August and the 4,198 v Aberdeen in Nov.  When we played Thistle at home last year it was September and the attendance was 4,169.  All reads positive in terms of numbers to me.  

Even average attendances so far (with one visit of Celtic only to bump numbers, and a very good midweek turnout v Hibs this season) point to an improvement in crowds this year, probably over at least the last 3 seasons.  We still have OF visits at least twice more this season, but clearly on the bais of the above numbers common sense tells you that we are looking up.

http://www.fitbastats.com/kilmarnock/club_records_league_attendance.php

Don't feed the trolls

It's pretty poor though, given the excitement that followed Steve Clarke's appointment. I've been thinking about this, though. Given games being near to Christmas, cold days, Christmas shopping, rearranged kick offs, midweek games, televised games, old firm games and unemployment are all uniquely a problem for Killie fans, maybe it's a miracle we get the crowds we do.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

There's one rule for my friend squirrel and one for me. He has been massively disappointed in the support with the disgraceful crowds at old firm games and disgusted with the response to TiK. But that ok, to post about that, apparently.

Personally, I don't pay attention to what anybody thinks I should do. I support Tik but understand why people don't, I probably will never attend another game at Ibrox, and my attendance at games against the Old Filth at home is generally based on whether my daughter is going or not. I can't accurately remember the season, but we were lying second at the turn of the year and had an irrational belief that we could actually win the league. Jerome then injured himself and results went downhill. Now there is no belief for any club other that Celtic, and the best that any club can do is finish second. That might be acceptable if we still had a club/clubs in European competition other than Celtic, but we don't so we have to create this big Top 6 or Bottom 6 nonsense into a format that is as exciting as waiting for grandad to fart after a few beers at Christmas. I can see Killie improving significantly, possibly qualifying for Europe, but the financial gap means that Scottish Football no longer matters. We support Killie, we know the state of Scottish Football but we choose to ignore it. Other people who may have been converts in the days of Bobby Fleeting are on the outside, they have accepted what we haven't, that Scottish Football has gone as a significant force. We will get some fans back if we continue to improve but it will be a gradual process and will take hard work on and off the pitch.