Penalty

KillieBison

12 minutes ago, KTIDanny85 said:

I agree. Would've been nice to see Brophy get a hatrick but Boyd might've been thinking about money, esp being near Christmas. 

I hope that's tongue-in-cheek! :2:

I initially thought it was a shocker from Boyd too in fairness, even if he is designated spot-kick taker - Brophy is a young lad trying to build some confidence, so it would have been nice to see him take it. 

But...

I guess Boyd is just making him earn his place. Being the old-head, designated penalty-taker and team captain he's certainly well within his right to be taking it.  And I may be making excuses for Boyd here, but giving him the real benefit of the doubt, he was maybe keeping Brophy hungry. If he gets the hat-trick, does it go to his head and he gets cocky? Or stays on 2 goals, and made to work hard again next week?

Regardless, great to see them win at home finally!

Edited by jesper

29 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Unless Brophy specifically asked to take it and Boyd refused then there's not any issue here at all.

Brophy has hardly started a game in his professional career and scored 3 goals in two starts... I doubt for one minute he's sulking about it.

Brophy has played close to 70 professional games...